^_^

Wow, what a turkey!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

BUSH MAKES PEACE: BOOK REVEALED

Thu Oct 28 2010 10:30:31 ET

**Exclusive** **Must Credit**

"It was a simple question, 'Can you remember the last day you didn't have a drink?'"

So begins President George W. Bush in the opening chapter ["Quitting"] from the most anticipated book of the season, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

With DECISION POINTS, set for release November 9, Bush pulls back the curtain with a strikingly personal work that takes very few shots at his critics.

The former president even stays clear of Obama!

From 911's "Day of Fire" to "Katrina" to "Financial Crisis", Bush explains how he returned to his faith, time and time again.

And the faith of others.

The president details how he bonded with Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia -- and a magical bird!

Arriving angry at Bush's Texas ranch over the president's position on Israel and Ramallah, Abdullah quickly decided he wanted to leave.

But the prince spots a turkey on the road -- and takes it as a good omen, a sign from Allah!

The president reveals he gave the order to shoot down planes on September 11 -- and at first thought the plane in PA had been shot down.

In the chapter "Stem Cells", Bush describes receiving a letter from Nancy Reagan detailing a "wrenching family journey".

But ultimately, Bush writes: "I did feel a responsibility to voice my pro-life convictions and lead the country toward what Pope John Paul II called a culture of life."

In the book, Bush describes an emotional July 2001 meeting with the Pope at the pontiff's summer residence.

Savaged by Parkinson's, the Pope saw the promise of science, but implored Bush to support life in all its forms.

Later, at the Pope's funeral -- and after a prodding from his wife that it's a time to "pray for miracles" -- Bush found himself saying a prayer for the cancer-stricken ABCNEWS anchor Peter Jennings.

With 14 chapters and an epilogue, it's Bush's turn.

And he'll even do it on OPRAH.

A top Bush source explains: "You will find the president strong, loving life, and ultimately at peace with the decisions he made."

DECISION POINTS ranked #29 on AMAZON's hitlist early Thursday.

Developing...

AJ, I didnt know you liked to pick cherries.

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow