yeyi

form i751 part 1 help

7 posts in this topic

hi,

I'm new here and I'm sorry for my english spelling :whistle: but i need help. I filling and sending my form i 751 tomorrow and my questions are, Am I sending it late or I'm ok? my resident card expires on sept 26 2008 and tomorrow will be the day I'll send the form, also in part 1 of the form what am I suposes to write in c/o: (in care of) what does that mean? Where should i send the package to: California or Nebraska, I live in Washington State? and I'm sending a check for $625 is that correct? form fee is $465 biometric fee is $80 and an additional biometric fee for my son $80 total $625.

thanks for your help!

yeyi

Filed: Timeline
hi,

I'm new here and I'm sorry for my english spelling :whistle: but i need help. I filling and sending my form i 751 tomorrow and my questions are, Am I sending it late or I'm ok? my resident card expires on sept 26 2008 and tomorrow will be the day I'll send the form, also in part 1 of the form what am I suposes to write in c/o: (in care of) what does that mean? Where should i send the package to: California or Nebraska, I live in Washington State? and I'm sending a check for $625 is that correct? form fee is $465 biometric fee is $80 and an additional biometric fee for my son $80 total $625.

thanks for your help!

yeyi

You are within the 90 days, it does not mean that you must send it exactly 90 days prior but should be BEFORE your green card expires.

Since is $545 (with biometrics fee) only you + $80 for the biometrics of your son...so yes should be $625. I read the instructions and that's my understanding. You can verify with another person that has a dependent conditional child.

By the last memo...you should file directly to CSC. Your normal service center would be Nebraska, but now only CSC and VSC are the ones who are processing I-751. Make a search about it. If I am not wrong, you should be filing to California Service Center directly.

hi,

thanks for your help!

yeyi

You are within the 90 days, it does not mean that you must send it exactly 90 days prior but should be BEFORE your green card expires.

Since is $545 (with biometrics fee) only you + $80 for the biometrics of your son...so yes should be $625. I read the instructions and that's my understanding. You can verify with another person that has a dependent conditional child.

By the last memo...you should file directly to CSC. Your normal service center would be Nebraska, but now only CSC and VSC are the ones who are processing I-751. Make a search about it. If I am not wrong, you should be filing to California Service Center directly.

thank for your help, but I still don't know what to write or what goes in part 1 of the form where it says C/O: (IN CARE 0F) CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IS THAT? TAHNKS :blink:

In Care Of is used, for example, if someone else is handling your mail. If you're going to be the one receiving any correspondence and not going to be absent from your address, then you don't need to put anything there. I just put N/A in that box. I'm sending my paperwork off today too. Let's wish each other luck!!

Removal of Conditions:

7/1/08 - Removal of Conditions Window opens

7/21/08 - Sent paperwork off to CSC

7/23/08 - Paperwork arrived to CSC per Delivery Confirmation

7/28/08 - NOA received, postmarked 7/25/08. $545 Check cashed today also.

8/6/08 - Biometrics Letter received with an appointment date of 8/22/08

8/22/08 - Biometrics appointment completed

8/25/08 - Case status available online

11/11/08 - Approved!! Received GC in the mail today. They didn't change her last name like we asked, but I could care less right now.

Thank you so much for your help :thumbs: and good luck :dance: it looks like your wife and I are neighbors , colombia and Venezuela! your cover letter looks perfect to me :star:

this what we are sending:

Friday, July 18, 2008

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, California 92607-0751

Re: I-751 Joint Petition to Remove Conditions of Status On:

My name A# xxx-xxx-xxx

my son's name A# xxx-xxx-xxx

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Please find enclosed a Joint I-751 petition to remove conditions of status regarding my wife xxxxxxxx and her son xxxxxxxx. We married on January 21, 2006. Their adjustment of status was aproved on september 26, 2006. We have stablished a happy life together with a baby girl born on 11/27/2006 and another baby due this september. We request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife and my stepson.

Enclosed in this package, we are providing the fallowing documents as evidence to verify the status of our marriage:

• Complete form I-751 with attach for part 5.

• Check payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security in the amount of $625.00 wich is: filling fee for a form $465.00 biometric fee $80.00 and an additional biometric services fee $80.00 for a conditional resident dependent listed in part 5.

• Copy of front and back of my wife and son Permanent Resident Card.

• Copy of both of their passport.

• Copy of our marriage certificate.

• Copy of both of our driver’s licenses.

• Copy of birth certificate of our 19th months old daughter.

• Copy of the birth anouncement of our daughter.

• Original letter from my wife’s Obgyn that confirm she is pregnant, and the stimaied due date is september 26, 2008.

• Sworn affidavits from our friend Cindy Gayte and my sister Heidi Sytelbo.

• Copy of joint 2006 and 2007 tax return.

• Copy of 2008 stimulus check in both of our names.

• Copy of my IRA where it shows my wife is the primary beneficiary.

• Copy of my wife credit card statement.

• Copy of our checking acct. statement.

• Copy of quit claimed deed from the house that we own, that shows that my wife and I both own it jointly.

• Copy of the mortgage settlement statement.

• Copy of the closing refinancing agreement.

• Copy of the mortgage statement and a note explaining why my wife is not on it.

• Copy of the car’s tittle with both of our names.

• Copy of the car’s insurances ID card showing both of our names and the vehicle registration certificate.

• Copies of bill statements in both of our names and other separately.

• Copy of a passport membership sent both of us fron our mortgage broker.

• Copies of greeting cards and photos from diferent events with family, friend and trips.

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documents for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home.

Respecfully submited,

both of signature and my A#

You're welcome Yeyi, thanks for the message! Your cover letter looks really good, I wish I had invited them to come visit our home. Oh well, the package has been sealed, and I'm gonna go drop it off in a little while. I hope not yet having had kids won't hurt us in the proof area or make them think our marriage is any less valid because we decided to wait a few years for the little ones.

Removal of Conditions:

7/1/08 - Removal of Conditions Window opens

7/21/08 - Sent paperwork off to CSC

7/23/08 - Paperwork arrived to CSC per Delivery Confirmation

7/28/08 - NOA received, postmarked 7/25/08. $545 Check cashed today also.

8/6/08 - Biometrics Letter received with an appointment date of 8/22/08

8/22/08 - Biometrics appointment completed

8/25/08 - Case status available online

11/11/08 - Approved!! Received GC in the mail today. They didn't change her last name like we asked, but I could care less right now.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello,

This post is very complete and helped me a lot. But i still have one question:

On the section What initial evidence is required, number 2, asks for 2 completed fingerprints cards (Form FD-258). :huh:

Questions:

1- Do i have to include this with my application?

2- If yes, how can i get one?

Thank you so much in advance!

Edited by bralanda

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.