Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Harley and hans

K1 and Interview Requirements

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello Everyone!

My fiancee were finally able to get through the very busy NVC telephone line today. He was told that our papers were sent out (left NVC) on May 12, 2008. Meanwhile, from some random visajourney posts, there were other members who mentioned that it took 3 days before the papers get into their country consulate office (beneficiary country). My questions are:

1. How can we know the status of our papers? Do we need to call the USEmbassy here in the Philippines to see if they already received it? Or do we just need to wait to receive letters or notice from the embassy? How long should we wait before we contact them? :help:

2. Do I get it right, that the notice that the US EMbassy will be sending to me is packet 3 or packet 4? Can I apply or get the Visa Application Form while waiting for the embassy's reply if they got our papers or case? Or should we wait for the first item above (letter from embassy) before getting the visa application forms? :help:

3. How many CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) is required to be brought to the interview? I only got one and my cenomar was dated April 2, 2008. Is it still valid come the June or July interview? Do I get 2 copies more -- to make it 3? :help:

4. Is it really a requirement to attend CFO guidance and counselling program in Manila? If so, when is the best time to do it? Can we do it early or should we do it after we get the visa? :help:

Looking forward to your usual enlightening guidance and comments. God bless us all.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

1) You can call DOS Visa services and they can tell you status after NVC sent them out.


2) The Embassy will send out packet 3 and packet 4


3) and 4) are best asked in the PI Regional forum...


MORE here: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You really dont have to call because as soon as they recieve that you will be recieving the appoinment letter from the embassy where there is instruction for you ti have your medical at SLEC, pay the necessary payments at BPI and Verification Fee at Metrobank plus DS-156 and DS-157...That packet is the packet 3 or appointment letter...You will need 1 copy of your cenomar just a proof that your not married before...Yes CFO counselling is really needed you will not be able to get out of the country if you dont have the sticker from CFO and best to do that after you have your visa since they will not issue you the sticker if you dont have your visa yet instead they will just give you certification and come back for the sticker, anyway it will only take half day to secure certification and sticker...I HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTIONS...GOODLUCK & GODBLESS :star: !!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.