Springrain22

Case completed 18 days ago, still no interview letter?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Hi all,

My case was completed at NVC on June 20, today is July 7 and I still have no interview letter from NVC. Getting really upset. Is this a normal waiting time? I called NVC a hundred times, they keep telling they're waiting for the dates from embassy (Warsaw, Poland). Our visa is IR1 which should be a priority. How long could it take to receive a freaking email? I've looked up the CC spreadsheet and the average timing is 10-14 days for Warsaw, we're already waiting 18 days. Geez.

Edited by Springrain22

It takes more than that to schedule a visa.

Unfortunately, your visa is not a priority for the consulate. There was someone here that got an interview date 4 months aways at the Chilean consulate. And Chile is VWP country and had strong ties to the US. 

If you are a US citizen, complain to the Foreign Affairs committees in Congress or to the Department of State. Everyone goes through this, even people who have real family emergencies. Some people have been waiting for the IR-1 visa at the consulate stage for over a year just because they have the "wrong" religion or they come from the "wrong country". 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

It takes more than that to schedule a visa.

Unfortunately, your visa is not a priority for the consulate. There was someone here that got an interview date 4 months aways at the Chilean consulate. And Chile is VWP country and had strong ties to the US. 

If you are a US citizen, complain to the Foreign Affairs committees in Congress or to the Department of State. Everyone goes through this, even people who have real family emergencies. Some people have been waiting for the IR-1 visa at the consulate stage for over a year just because they have the "wrong" religion or they come from the "wrong country". 

Yes, I'm a USC. There's no "wrong country" for us, like I said, the average timing is 2 weeks according to other cases for Poland embassy. I've never seen "months" there. How do the embassy prioritize appointments? By date only or by category too? If it's immediate relative of USC, why wouldn't there be a priority over let's say DV lottery winners?

1 minute ago, Springrain22 said:

Yes, I'm a USC. There's no "wrong country" for us, like I said, the average timing is 2 weeks according to other cases for Poland embassy. I've never seen "months" there. How do the embassy prioritize appointments? By date only or by category too? If it's immediate relative of USC, why wouldn't there be a priority over let's say DV lottery winners?

I think consulates have quotas of appointments for each visas type.

I don't know why you are not a priority. Why would you have to be? Poland has VWP so is not like they people looking for visitor visas are taking all the appointments. I doubt there are so many Polish DV winners taking your appointment. Most likely, consulates are understaffed and each visa takes much more work than the 5 minute interview each person has. They do background checks, etc. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Coco8 said:

I think consulates have quotas of appointments for each visas type.

I don't know why you are not a priority. Why would you have to be? Poland has VWP so is not like they people looking for visitor visas are taking all the appointments. I doubt there are so many Polish DV winners taking your appointment. Most likely, consulates are understaffed and each visa takes much more work than the 5 minute interview each person has. They do background checks, etc. 

I see. I think I only have to wait. Just don't understand how it works and why some people for the same consulate got their appt date in 10 days and others have to wait for a month.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Did you get the information from VJ? 

The online information on DOS is for non-immigrant visas.

Yes, I have seen the Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet. I think it's for immigrant visas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.