4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello everybody, my I-485 was denied and I filed a motion to reopen, which was approved on may 3rd. my I-485 was reopened. the uscis status sais this: On May 3, 2017, we reopened your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCxxx, and mailed you a notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your reopening notice by June 2, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address. I got the reopening notice, but what happens now? Anybody has an idea how long I have to wait until uscis makes a decision on my I-485??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marlen said:

Anybody has an idea how long I have to wait until uscis makes a decision on my I-485??

That's impossible to predict. It's entirely up to USCIS' discretion and is affected by the complexity of your case. Why was your I-485 initially denied?

Married to US Citizen. I'm the beneficiary.

Adjustment of Status (AOS) from F-1

• Priority date: 2016-09
  • Initial interview for I-485: 2017-06. Approved on the same day.

Removal of Conditions (ROC)

• Eligible starting: 2019-03

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

it was denied because we got an rfe about the affidavit of support... we forgot to send the tax return... we weren't familiar with these documents and instead of sending the tax return that was requested we sent only the w2... with the motion to reopen we enclosed all documents requested, so they approved it and reopened the case... its pretty straight forward in general, we just made a lazy mistake...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Marlen said:

it was denied because we got an rfe about the affidavit of support... we forgot to send the tax return... we weren't familiar with these documents and instead of sending the tax return that was requested we sent only the w2... with the motion to reopen we enclosed all documents requested, so they approved it and reopened the case... its pretty straight forward in general, we just made a lazy mistake...

The situation seems simple enough and you provided the necessary evidence. So you should expect an interview (if you get open) or decision sooner than for a complex case. That's vague and not particularly helpful. It's hard to predict how quickly USCIS will act except in simple situations. E.g. they send out notices of actions acknowledging the initial receipt of the AOS package within 2-3 weeks.

If yours were a straightforward case, e.g. no RFEs, no motion to reopen, the USCIS Processing Time Information page would give you estimated processing times for I-485 by field office and service center. 

VJ members who have undergone similar situations might have better information. Calling the National Customer Service Center is unlikely to be helpful. Despite not getting RFEs, my EAD processing was delayed. I talked to Tier 1 and Tier 2 representatives and they had no information about why this happened or when I could expect my card.

Hang in there. :) 

Edited by Allie D

Married to US Citizen. I'm the beneficiary.

Adjustment of Status (AOS) from F-1

• Priority date: 2016-09
  • Initial interview for I-485: 2017-06. Approved on the same day.

Removal of Conditions (ROC)

• Eligible starting: 2019-03

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.