MissScarlett

family registration [merged threads]

34 posts in this topic

HELP PLEASE....MY HUSBAND HAD A SECOND INTERVIEW YESTERDAY AND THEY ASKED FOR FAMILY REGISTRATION.  HOW DO WE OBTAIN THAT INFORMATION?  HE NEEDS IT RIGHT AWAY...THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP!!  HE IS IN CAIRO. 

Edited by MissScarlett

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
13 minutes ago, MissScarlett said:

HELP PLEASE....MY HUSBAND HAD A SECOND INTERVIEW YESTERDAY AND THEY ASKED FOR FAMILY REGISTRATION.  HOW DO WE OBTAIN THAT INFORMATION?  HE NEEDS IT RIGHT AWAY...THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP!!  HE IS IN CAIRO. 

What does that mean? Family Registration? Police Clearance? If it's for that he needs to go to the police station and get the paper from the police saying they are clear and have no problems. I'm sorry if I'm wrong because I have never heard of this except from the applicant. 

He has his police report  and submitted it, but this is just what they asked for....Just one more thing to do!  They also asked for update on AOS for myself and co aponsor...but that's it.  We just need to find out what to do re the Family registration...Thank you!!

Timeline

Oh I'm sorry I just don't know what that is. I have been through this process 7 years ago with my ex husband who was from Cairo but I lived there then until he received his visa. We have divorced and I am remarried and going to start this process again this week. My husband is Egyptian but living and working in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. I just never had them ask for anything like that before. Sorry I wasn't able to help but feel free to ask any questions ? And good luck!

He has his police report  and submitted it, but this is just what they asked for....Just one more thing to do!  They also asked for update on AOS for myself and co aponsor...but that's it.  We just need to find out what to do re the Family registration...Thank you!!

i'm googling it now...but not much luck so far!!  I pray this will be easier for you this time....It's a very difficult and ttying esperience for anyone to go through!!!  Good luck to you both....love, live and be happy!!

Myrlan

Timeline
Just now, MissScarlett said:

i'm googling it now...but not much luck so far!!  I pray this will be easier for you this time....It's a very difficult and ttying esperience for anyone to go through!!!  Good luck to you both....love, live and be happy!!

Myrlan

Yes Insha'allah everything will be ok. I will try and look this up for you and will let you know if I find anything. 

54 minutes ago, MissScarlett said:

The family registration is a document that lists marriages, divorces, and in some cases family relations (father, mother, and siblings) The Cairo US embassy asks for this document on occasion to be sure that there are no other marriages than yours, and/or to prove prior divorces or to prove that he was never married prior to you.

@MissScarlett

Also your husband would need to get this document at the Abassya building - Ministry of Interior. https://cso.gov.eg/NetServices I believe he can get the address from here.

It's takes about a week to get it, so I'd go as soon as you can. Good luck. :)

6 minutes ago, MissScarlett said:

You are a God send!!!!!!!!  Thank you kindly....and the very best to you always!!!

You're welcomed ^_^ You too dear. Let us know how everything goes. Wish for you tons of luck and a happy future together in the US. :wub: 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.