Toronto85

Support questions on i-134 form about a veteran/VA disability payment question

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancé the petitioner is a veteran and receives disability payment monthly it's more than the amount required of 125% percent of the poverty line but he also works too. We are still in between the NAO1 and NAO2 stage. He is currently in the process of moving back to his home state soon(he got out of the military within the last year but still stayed around that area) to where we will both eventually live once all is approved. which will mean in the iinterm him quitting his current job and finding a new one once he moves. As he receives this disability payment. will that be enough for the support i-134 form. I know we still have time for him to get moved and settled before the interview/I-134 form is required. Will we need a cosponsor in this situation and what kind of evidence/statement of payments from the VA have others shown as this disability is tax free from the VA?

Thanks

Since he make above the requirement a co-sponsor should not be needed. The Veteran can just produce his disabilities benefit letter that shows the amount he receives monthly. That can be obtained from the VA Benefits site, which is called E-benefits, https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/homepage.

K-1 Process  

7/27/16- Mailed 129-F to Texas Lockbox

8/01/16- USCIS received packet

9/08/16- Petition Approved

9/27/16- NVC received packet

9/28/16- Case Number assigned

9/30/16- Left NVC to Dhaka

10/04/16- Embassy in Dhaka received petition

10/12/16- Received packet 4

11/01/16- Medical Exam completed

11/28/16- Interview in Dhaka

11/28/16- 221 (g) Green Slip given

02/06/17- Visa Denied

CR-1 Process

04/24/17- Getting Married

05/22/17- Mail in I-130 to Phoenix Lockbox

5/24/14- Delivered to Phoenix Lockbox & Priority number given (Nebraska)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.