sofy123

Will my kids be denied for B1/B2 visa?? Poz help

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone and happy new year for all VJ readers

I have valid tourist visa and already travelled to the states many times before . Now i would like to apply for tourist visa for my kids but people are telling me that they will be denied as this will give the idea that im not coming back and others say they will only grant the visa fir one child !!!!is that true?

I have no intention of staying there ,actually i was pregnant when i visited and refused to stay there to give birth and my daughter be us citizen in the easiest way .

I have the visit dates and my daughter birth date to prove it . Will this support me when i apply for her? This is a short visit for my kids grandfather , he is at late stage of cancer and never met my kids in person coz of this , he has been there for years to get treatment plus he is a green card holder ,

Is there any documents he can provide us like green card copy or medical reports? Will this help ?

Plz if any one had same condition and applied for his kids for tourist visa or even know well about it , i really need you ti tell me about your experience and the supporting documents too.

Thank you all and waiting for your help

Filed: Timeline

If your travel history is good (no super long 'visits') and the fact that you did not have a child in the US are both positives....the embassy is not supposed to hold one family member 'hostage', assuming the children are both minors. A young adult child (18+) would have to qualify on their own in most cases.

But if your kids are, say, 5 and 8, it would not make sense to issue one and not the other. In general, minor children qualify via their parents....if the parent's case is good, so then should be the children's.

Timeline

If your travel history is good (no super long 'visits') and the fact that you did not have a child in the US are both positives....the embassy is not supposed to hold one family member 'hostage', assuming the children are both minors. A young adult child (18+) would have to qualify on their own in most cases.

But if your kids are, say, 5 and 8, it would not make sense to issue one and not the other. In general, minor children qualify via their parents....if the parent's case is good, so then should be the children's.

Thank you for your reply , i never passed a two weeks visit to the states , so it is short visits , my kids are 2 years and little bit more than 3 y , just toddlers ..thanks again

Filed: Timeline

From my perspective ( as a retired CO), in the absence of other information that would suggest a denial, you have lived up to the terms of a B2 visa...especially by NOT having a child born in the US...so, I would give you extra credit and would approve the visas of your kids without much further ado.....but I cannot answer for the next CO you encounter.....I am just telling you how I would deal with this situation (because I have faced it hundreds of times.....if the primary adult has been using their B2 visa reasonably (visits of a duration that look normal, relative to one's income, time off, etc) as well as having had the opportunity to have a kid on US soil, but didn't, I gave those folks credit....and an approval....after all, I didn't have extra minutes to give you (and the kids) to try and ascertain your TRUE objectives (if they existed)...as far as I could tell, you have used your B2 visa well....thus, you get extra credit....I would approve your kids' visas, and move on to the next person who might be trying to fool me....you have earned your approvals, IMHO.

Timeline

From my perspective ( as a retired CO), in the absence of other information that would suggest a denial, you have lived up to the terms of a B2 visa...especially by NOT having a child born in the US...so, I would give you extra credit and would approve the visas of your kids without much further ado.....but I cannot answer for the next CO you encounter.....I am just telling you how I would deal with this situation (because I have faced it hundreds of times.....if the primary adult has been using their B2 visa reasonably (visits of a duration that look normal, relative to one's income, time off, etc) as well as having had the opportunity to have a kid on US soil, but didn't, I gave those folks credit....and an approval....after all, I didn't have extra minutes to give you (and the kids) to try and ascertain your TRUE objectives (if they existed)...as far as I could tell, you have used your B2 visa well....thus, you get extra credit....I would approve your kids' visas, and move on to the next person who might be trying to fool me....you have earned your approvals, IMHO.

I cannot thank you enough for your reply ,well i have steady life in egypt and not willing to move their ,if i may ask you more ,, what should i take about my husband ,he is not going with me to interview as he cant leave work,do they ask for his approval for travel of kids? Or i should take extra documents related to him or just answring his part in the DS-160 form will be enough ? Thanks again and happy new year

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just want to add one more thing to your information, you might apply for your kids without having interview, which means you send your passport along with their passports to the embassy via aramex but you have to include the visa fess receipts.

Timeline

I just want to add one more thing to your information, you might apply for your kids without having interview, which means you send your passport along with their passports to the embassy via aramex but you have to include the visa fess receipts.

thank you for your reply but I checked the embassy website several time they say otherwise that at least one parent or guardian appear for interview ,,I read that the drop box for children accepted in gulf area countries like Saudi Arabia ,I really wish that you are sure of it ,its not that I say you say something not sure of it ,no this was my initial information too but im still not sure of it though ,,and when I email the embassy they reply with what I cannot understand.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Actually my brother didi that with his son, just sent both passports and his son got the visa right away. The embassy waives whom under 14 age to attend the interviews, however they request the parents to join their kid's interview who above 14 to 18 age.

Timeline

Actually my brother didi that with his son, just sent both passports and his son got the visa right away. The embassy waives whom under 14 age to attend the interviews, however they request the parents to join their kid's interview who above 14 to 18 age.

Thank you so very much for this information but may i ask when did they apply ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.