KatnAbbie

What's up Algeria1? K1 visa interviews anyone?

62 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey everyone.

So I know that we all are "patiently" waiting for something to happen and work out, but a little more specific in my situation. What the heck is going on in Algeria? Our case has been "ready" for a ridiculously long time. The Algerian consulate has had our case since the end of July. My fiancé still has not received a letter for an interview. Or at least we thought that's how it was supposed to go. So of course after getting pointers from you all and a close VJ pal, we have been checking the site daily and...nothing...Ok, understanding everyone else in the world is working on their visa too. It is seriously discouraging. One thing is the mail system and wondering did the mail come? Did they actually mail anything? Should I check the mail? Maybe someone else got my mail...and the biggest concern, what's up with interview dates becoming available in this country? Will we see anything this month?

Thanks for listening and as always thank you in advance for your response.

Cat

Timeline

The NVC sent my case on July 22 after that was in transit till last week , then the online checking said Your search did not return any data.

i emailed the embassy and us travel but they were always telling the public answer

so what i did is schedule an appointment and what s gonna happen let it happen but just know when i talked to a girl from the call center said no appintments date pop up into your account if the didn't open it for u

i think u don't have to wait
go ahead and schedule an appointment think if u get an open dates that's ok for an interview

event.png

Timeline

looks like we're not the only ones waiting for the mail to come and an interview, our case got to the conselate on the 27th or september been waiting for the packet to come and i've been on the site trying to catch an appointment available but nothing

Timeline

Our case was sent from nvc to Algiers on July 10th. We received email from embassy on September 10th. Stating your case is at post and to schedule interview online . To date we have also not been able to find an available date online for interview. Tomorrow will be one month since receiving email to schedule.. it is really ridiculous and they are not responsive with any forthcoming information on dates.. I called the embassy myself from here in us and was told you have to wait for dates.. You ask when and they say you just have to wait ..

Timeline

Wow, this is crazy. Yes we all are trying to be patient, but something has to give. I am sorry for everyone dealing with this frustration. I wonder what the hold up is. Do they have a plan?

Cat

Timeline

Hi evrrybody . Well i think there s no plan , thé interview s soon i live at 100 km from algiers ,i v been there today and i saw people waiting outside , they work on too many cases , i vé question concerning thé avadivit , well can anyone tell me thé y accepte scaned document ? PLEASE i m woried about it

Timeline

hi,

the affidavit of support has to have the original signature from the petitioner. not a scanned copy.

also, did you say you have an interview soon ??? or are you waiting along with the rest of us for an interview date to become available. ???

Timeline

Well thank s for thé answear , but thé letter that i recieved says a copy of each document so it s confusing .than i dont know if u cheked ur status but there s one interview for octobre 25 . so be ready

Timeline

Greetings All,

I too have been checking online for available appointments 2x a day. I only saw one day with a specified time open, but on such a short notice (one week) , I did not take it because I want to travel to Algeria to be there with my fiancé. I looked again a couple of hours later and it was no longer open, nor were any new dates posted. I got an email with interview instructions almost a month ago-- but cannot schedule anything due to no availability of slots.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.