5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

.... Hello Everyone!

As the petitioner of an F2A case, I mailed the AOS Form along with supporting documents on July 19,2014 after I had completed the online DS-260. My packet was received by the NVC on the 22nd of July according to an e-mail sent to me on August 5,2014. Along with that e-mail came the recent infamous 60-day processing warning!

Having thought it would take its normal course of 2-4 weeks as indicated by the NVC, I took a one-month vacation time and left the US to join my daughter at our home country to make all necessary preparations for her departure including but not limited to school/medical/vaccination records that would either be needed at the Embassy or for school registration with the school year being right around the corner! Again, I didn't anticipate such a long delay for processing of forms and setting up our interview date at the Consulate.

Now after almost 5 weeks, we're both stuck in this unforeseen situation where I can't go back to the US and strand my very young kid here, nor can I receive sympathy from the NVC or any other authority. Her morale, and mine alike, are fading away by the hour and we're both in a difficult situation. I can really sense the hopes diminishing. This is supposed to be an exciting milestone throughout her life and mine, is it not?

Though I understand that we're not the only ones on the same boat, I was compelled to reach out to those who may currently be experiencing the same type of dilemma in one form or another. What do you suppose we should do? How much longer should we wait assuming no checklists are sent out our way? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for reading, especially those who decide to respond. We support you all and hope to see everyone gets this difficult task accomplished.

:bonk::help:

:goofy:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca