Waitingman

Fiancé Visa through Abu Dhabi

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello - I filed for K1 Visa on December 2013. I already got an approval from immigrations and they sent my case to Abu Dhabi.

I still have not heard back from anyone at the Abu Dhabi consulate. Does anyone know if I should make the appointment or wait until I hear back from them? They are unresponsive to emails and phone calls.

I would appreciate any guidance on this urgent matter.

Thank you

Hello - I filed for K1 Visa on December 2013. I already got an approval from immigrations and they sent my case to Abu Dhabi.

I still have not heard back from anyone at the Abu Dhabi consulate. Does anyone know if I should make the appointment or wait until I hear back from them? They are unresponsive to emails and phone calls.

I would appreciate any guidance on this urgent matter.

Thank you

When did you get approved? Or when exactly you recieved your noa2?abu dhabi embassy will send appointment letter to the petitioner. .but can you please tell me when you got approved from uscis. .so I can give you proper advice. .

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

When did you get approved? Or when exactly you recieved your noa2?abu dhabi embassy will send appointment letter to the petitioner. .but can you please tell me when you got approved from uscis. .so I can give you proper advice. .

Thanks for your concern,

I got approval form on February 3, 2014

Thanks for your concern,

I got approval form on February 3, 2014

For us we approved may 19,we recieved the hard copy may 23..after 3 weeks nvc recieved it,after 5 days nvc sent it to the consulate..but since nvc sent it in manila we have delays coz I requested to transfer my file here in abu dhabi. .you better email abu abu dhabi embassy, sometimes they have problems like this..It happen to one vj member as well..they approved january and they didn't hear anything from abu dhabi, they send usem here email asking for updates. .thats when they found out that they missed the appointment. .they used to reply on my email after 2-3 days..they have new format on how to contact them..can you pm to me your email address so I can send their new format..?

Edited by hardrockangel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

I received my NOA2 on Sept 26th, 2013. I heard nothing from the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi till Nov 11th, 2013 which was in a form of an email which included my Fiancee interview date which was set to be Feb 17th, 2014.

You should try to contact the NVC (national visa center) 603-334-0700 and inquire about the status of your case by providing them with the receipt number you have on your NOA 2. Between 09.26.2013 and 11.12.2013 I contacted the NVC once a week and they would give me an update on how soon the Embassy would receive my packet from them. They are very helpful on the phone.

As a side note you will not be able to contact the Abu Dhabi Embassy via phone, they will simply never answer. You can only contact them by email, but if your question is in regards to something they have covered on their sites FAQ page you will not ever receive a response. One of the questions which they will not respond to via email is if you ask them when your interview date is. They are apparently a very busy Embassy.

I received my NOA2 on Sept 26th, 2013. I heard nothing from the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi till Nov 11th, 2013 which was in a form of an email which included my Fiancee interview date which was set to be Feb 17th, 2014.

You should try to contact the NVC (national visa center) 603-334-0700 and inquire about the status of your case by providing them with the receipt number you have on your NOA 2. Between 09.26.2013 and 11.12.2013 I contacted the NVC once a week and they would give me an update on how soon the Embassy would receive my packet from them. They are very helpful on the phone.

As a side note you will not be able to contact the Abu Dhabi Embassy via phone, they will simply never answer. You can only contact them by email, but if your question is in regards to something they have covered on their sites FAQ page you will not ever receive a response. One of the questions which they will not respond to via email is if you ask them when your interview date is. They are apparently a very busy Embassy.

That's why we have to contact them more often or atleast every 2 weeks for the updates..they have format on how we will going to contact them..me and my fiancé used to send them email every after 2 weeks..and they are pretty good responding..

Timeline

For us we approved may 19,we recieved the hard copy may 23..after 3 weeks nvc recieved it,after 5 days nvc sent it to the consulate..but since nvc sent it in manila we have delays coz I requested to transfer my file here in abu dhabi. .you better email abu abu dhabi embassy, sometimes they have problems like this..It happen to one vj member as well..they approved january and they didn't hear anything from abu dhabi, they send usem here email asking for updates. .thats when they found out that they missed the appointment. .they used to reply on my email after 2-3 days..they have new format on how to contact them..can you pm to me your email address so I can send their new format..?

Timeline

Thank you for the info. I just contacted the NVC and found out that we missed the appointment. I need to send an email to Abu Dahbi and request for another appointment.

Do you know which email account I shoul use?

Thanks again.

Thank you for the info. I just contacted the NVC and found out that we missed the appointment. I need to send an email to Abu Dahbi and request for another appointment.

Thanks again.

You can use the one they have on their website and once you send the email there is automated reply directing you on how to send them.inquiries. .don't worry even if they are saying that they will not answer it's fine,coz they can still recieved it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

That's why we have to contact them more often or atleast every 2 weeks for the updates..they have format on how we will going to contact them..me and my fiancé used to send them email every after 2 weeks..and they are pretty good responding..

I did email them using their form inquiring about the status of my administrative processing once every 2 weeks starting in march. I got one response which reiterated their FAQ's and in a reply I asked more about the new Medical Exam regulations and never got a response to that.

On the other hand when I was emailing them before the interview and asking them questions I received responses with-in a day or at most several days. Also right now they are contacting me for more information and are replying back to me by next day for more information.

What is the new format that they accept can you share that?

Thanks again.

As hardrockangel stated, use the contact us link on their site http://www.abudhabiivo.net/ivocontactus0.aspx. If the NVC sent you a case number then select "I am waiting for my immigrant visa interview in Abu Dhabi" and enter your information there and as for a new appointment date. You can also call 703.439.2352 which is the number to get an appointment from Abu Dhabi or visit https://usvisa-info.com/en-AE/selfservice/us_service_options and create and account and setup an appointment through there.

Timeline

I emailed them but I have not receive any respond back from Abu dhabi. I am calling 703-439-2352 almost everyday, they say no appointment available at this time. Frustrated!!!!

I emailed them but I have not receive any respond back from Abu dhabi. I am calling 703-439-2352 almost everyday, they say no appointment available at this time. Frustrated!!!!

Try and try to email them..every after 2 weeks, why did you missed your first appointment? Abu dhabi will sent notice to the petitioner, I'm sorry to hear that until now you didn't get new appointment, just be patience, it will come soon, goodluck ?

Timeline

NVC says appointment was scheduled by Abu dhabi and they sent the email. I never received the email. Either they sent to the wrong email address or i accidentally deleted it.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.