alala23

Class B because of malaria in the past: cause for concern?

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I just wanted to thank everyone at VisaJourney for being so helpful and supportive -- it has truly helped my wife and I cope through the process.

Today I had my medical examination in Auckland at CityMed. Everything went super well - got examined by the nurse first, then the doctor, then had to take 3 vaccines for measles, tetanus and influenza, and then X-Ray, and finally blood test.

One thing I had to admit to when the doctor was asking me questions for the DS-2053 was that I had malaria at 5 in Uganda. I was of course treated and have had no recurrences, I told her that. In the end she sounded quite positive, but I did note that she classified me as "Class B" and made a note in "Other" about my past history with malaria on the DS-2053 (she also did make a note that I was treated and have had no recurrences).

Perhaps I'm overthinking it, but I'm hoping admitting to malaria and being classified as Class B doesn't have any kind of an impact on my medical?

Does anyone have any experiences with being a class B with their medical but getting through without any impact whatsoever?

Thanks so much,

Sid

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No experience myself or heard of others having it, but if you have no trace of the disease now, I don't think you will have a problem. If it were a problem, the doctor would have referred you for additional examination and treatment.

Filed: Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

i don't know about class B , but in medical i also mentioned to the doctor i had malaria few times in my childhood but not in the past 12 years and it had no impact in my medical , now i have my visa in my passport and flying to US in few days.

good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.