bestluck

is that single name is problem in USA ? or in future please

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Asalamualikam...

Having a single name isn't the issue here..I.know a few people in USA that don't have a last name and law adds an FNU as a last name that pretty much means that person dsnt have a last name...

Like for example if ur name is kashif then u would b called kashif FNU..

Bus ap dua karain insha Allah apko jaldi good news mily gi...actually mere husband k case k b 2 sal se ziyada hogyen hain AP main...

Just hope for the best.. :)

Timeline

I wana ask u a question I been reading ur comments alot n just checked ur timeline u were interviewed in December 2011 since then has the embassy contacted u asking for any kind of,.documents? If u don't mind sharing bcuz my hubby was interviewed in November 2011, I want to know if our cases are on same track..my hubby was asked to submit ds260 with pics,medical n police charter in march 2014 since then no.news from them :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oh waoh you both been in ap for a long time. How is it possible to only have single name. I thought it was not possible because all birth certificates required last name or father's name that is used as ser name. That's pretty interesting.

Timeline

Well in USA u have to have a last name but in Pakistan some people don't bother to add a last name,so if u immigrate USA without a last name then the law will give u a last name which is FNU..people would know u don't have a last name that's y fnu was added to ur name<<<its kinda weird tho :P

I wana ask u a question I been reading ur comments alot n just checked ur timeline u were interviewed in December 2011 since then has the embassy contacted u asking for any kind of,.documents? If u don't mind sharing bcuz my hubby was interviewed in November 2011, I want to know if our cases are on same track..my hubby was asked to submit ds260 with pics,medical n police charter in march 2014 since then no.news from them :(

well i have interview in 19 dec 2011 and ask for medical picture and ds 260 in june now after many years i guess its time for go home with family please praying for me its been really really hard and night mare and i will praying for ur husband aslo thanks

Timeline

After 2 years they contacted my hubby in march 2014 n I got my hopes up thinking.finally they might give him a visa but after we submitted the documents they asked for,we heard nothing from them so far...but I'm always praying for every1 who's away from family..I got 2 kids n imagine how hard it.is to raise 2 kids as a single mother :(

I guess we got to wait again and plus his passportis expiring soon..

Has ur passport.expired during.ur case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.