janetusman

USCIS requested the case back from the embassy

49 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I just called NVC this morning to find out what the status update on my case was and NVC said that USCIS has REQUESTED the case back. Has anyone experienced this? I asked them if it was sent back for revocation and they said no, it was USCIS that requested the case back.

If anyone can help figure this out it would be very appreciated

I just called NVC this morning to find out what the status update on my case was and NVC said that USCIS has REQUESTED the case back. Has anyone experienced this? I asked them if it was sent back for revocation and they said no, it was USCIS that requested the case back.
If anyone can help figure this out it would be very appreciated

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not familiar with this "request the case back" term.

Timeline

Yes please let us know what does that mean ?

15th Feb 2013 (Married)

03rd-Jun-13 NOA1 (Priority Date)

12th-Jun-13 NOA1 Hard Copy

17th-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 1

18th-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 2

23rd-Dec-13 USCIS Transfer Email 3

26th-Dec-13 Hard Copy Transferred to Nebraska (NSC)

21st-Feb-14 NOA2 Approved Email 1

25th-Feb-14 NOA2 Approved Email 2

27th-Feb-14 NOA2 Hard Copy

10th-Mar-14 NVC received approved documents

10th-April-14 NVC assigned case number

12th April-14 AOS Fees

14th April-14 AOS Package sent

16th April-14 Submit DS261

23rd April-14 Recieve IV Bill

24th April-14 IV Fees

16th May-14 Sent IV Package

6th June-14 package received by NVC

10th July 2014 Case completed

10th July 2014 Interview letter

Interview 19 Aug 2014 "Thank God" *Approved* :yes:

25th August 2014 *Passport Received*

Timeline

I have no clue either, that is what I was told by NVC. Just got off the call from USCIS they say they dont "Request" cases back. So no clue what is going on.

Timeline

Yes, I had a status change so I called this morning to see why it changed. I spoke to 3 people at NVC including a supervisor, I called USCIS twice and I got to speak to an immigration officer. I have also spoken to both my attorney and my congressman. It appears my case is being sent back for revocation.

Timeline

Yes, I had a status change so I called this morning to see why it changed. I spoke to 3 people at NVC including a supervisor, I called USCIS twice and I got to speak to an immigration officer. I have also spoken to both my attorney and my congressman. It appears my case is being sent back for revocation.

Did anything go wrong at the interview? Is applicant female or male? how long have you been married?

Timeline

Nothing that we know about, answered all the questions. Applicant is male and have been married for over 2 years now.

Timeline

There is an age difference. I am a USC he is a Pakistani national. We gave them all the information they asked for to prove we had a relationship. They actually told us, we had too much documentation of our relationship.

Timeline

Do you know how long it will take to get the letter?

Not sure! I would recommend contacting Carolyn as she has been through this process!

What did you provide for documentation.. Was your status updated during the last year?

Timeline

I tried, but it looks like Carolyn's inbox is full. I am hoping she sees this post and answers here. We gave them everything they asked for: chat logs, plane tickets, photos, visa stamps, family photos, and CDs from the wedding. I have been to Pakistan 3 times in total and I am planning on going in April. We do not have a co sponsor as my income is well above the minimum requirement.

The CO only kept our original nikkah nama and marriage certificate. He said he didn't need any additional evidence. My case status still says AP...if it's being sent back for revocation... Shouldn't it say denied?

Edited by janetusman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.