manuidf78

Residency discussion

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the I751:

- the I751 should be received by the USCIS at least 3 months before the end of the temporary status or within the 3 months?

- Will I receive the new status ( 10 years ) before the end of temporary residency or after?

- For the 10 years of the green card , the 2 years of temporary status are included? that means 2y + 8y total or 2y + 10y?

- If I decide to move back definetely to France , let's say during my third year in the US I will keep my permanent residence status? What happen if I want to come back just as a tourist to visit family?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

manu

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) Within 90 days of the CR-Green-Card expiration. NOTE: CR-Green-Card is still PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS, only with conditions, NOT "TEMPORARY"

2) NO, typicaly it can take up to a year to process and approve the I-751, AGAIN you are still a PERMANENT resident until a decision is made on the I-751, you will get a letter extending CR-Green-card for 1 year, and if I-751 is not processed within that year, you can visit field office to get an I-551 stamp extending status even longer.

3) NO :no: when I-751 is approved you get a 10 year card.

4) NO :no: Leaving the USA with intent of living permanently in foreign country, IS giving up residence status in the USA, if you wish to return to USA permanently you will be starting over filing for another IMMIGRANT visa.

If you wish to live in France and be able to return to USA. AFTER 3 years of residence in the USA married to a US citizen file N-400 and become a US Citizen, living in another country WILL NOT abandon Citizenship, you may be able to maintain Dual Citizenship allowing you to become resident in either country without giving up residency in either.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Further research shows that you can be dual citzen USA/France so for your question #4 it would be best for you to naturalize and become a US citizen, giving you the option to live in USA or France without losing the ability to return to USA to live as a resident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_nation...ual_Citizenship

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.