|Embassy Webpage :: Embassy Reviews & Ratings|
Update / Add Information Click here to view the Previous Entry
last updated on 2013-05-25 by HappyDeux :-)
|Consulate Phone Number:||****VISA OFFICE: 0661-99-83-64 (Call this number with questions)
Casablanca Visa Office: 522-26-45-50 ext. 0
Public Affairs Main Office: 522-22-14-60, x 222
Phone inquiries will ONLY be accepted Monday through Friday 3:00 pm until 4:00 pm at 0661-99-83-64.
**(+/00 212 if calling outside Morocco)example: 011-212-522-26-45-50
Do not even worry about trying to fax the Consulate because none of the fax numbers seem to be accessible internationally.
|Consulate E-Mail:||Immigrant visas: email@example.com Nonimmigrant visas: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Address:||Consulate General of the United States of America
8 Boulevard Moulay Youssef
Or if from the US: Consulate General
PSC 74 Box 024; APO AE 09718
|Working Hours:||Monday - Friday from 8:00 - 17:00
Closed on all American and Moroccan Holidays.
|Best Way to Contact Consulate:||They usually respond back to you within 2-3 days if contaced by e-mail.
Do not contact by telephone unless you need to make changes regarding your case information (mailing address, etc.)
To inquire about a visa status call between 2pm - 4pm moroccan time Tuesdays and Thursdays ONLY
|Approx Waiting Time for interview date from when the Consulate receives the package from the NVC:||3 1/2 - 4 Weeks|
|Issues a Packet 3?|
|Packet 3 Contains:||Packet 3 can be obtained by emailing the consulate.
BEWARE: The forms DS-156 and DS-157 sent in packet 3 are older versions of what is available online. To be on the safe side, fill out what the consulate sends you. They've been known to reject the newer versions of the forms.
1. Appointment letter with interview date.
1. The DS-156 (2copies)
2. DS-156K for K1 visa (not used for K3)....
4. DS-230 Part I
5. Medical Exam instructions/list of doctors
6. An instruction sheet explaining that the applicant needs the following for the interview:
- passport (valid at least 6 mos. beyond visa issuance)
- birth certificate
- police certificate
- court record certificate/Segel Adli (obtained from town/city of birth)
- two color photographs (full face, 2 inches square or 5x5 cm)
- any marriage/death/divorce decrees
- if not married, a certificate of singlehood/Shahadat Al3ozoba
- medical exam results (the doctor's office sends this directly to the consulate)
- evidence of relationship (pictures, letters, e-mails, call history, chat history, etc.)
- certified translations of any docs not in English
- an instruction sheet that asks for the signature of the applicant (although they don't take it when you/your fiance(e) go to the interview)
- I864 Affidavit of Support and supporting documents *not listed in packet 3, but required as of 6/2010 for K1 visas, per my phone convos with the consulate*
-Bring accurate processing fee by checking the u.s consulate in morocco's webpage: http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas.html Take a few extra hundred Dh as the exchange rate has been fluctuating considerably recently. Or,exchange DH for USD beforehand so you have the correct amount.
|Issues a Packet 4?||No|
|Packet 4 contents (if known):|
|What forms should be send back to the Consulate?||None, everything is brought on the day of the interview.
Packet 3 contains both packet 3 & 4, with instructions to medical & date of interview.
|Other Forms (if any)?|
|Consulate offers Direct Consular Filing?||No|
|If so, for all or only for US citizen who is lawfully resident in your country?||Residents_Only|
|Can fiance(e)/spouse attend the interview?||No|
|Visa fee payment "same day" or "in advance"?||Same_Day|
|Did the embassy schedule your interview or could you walk-in?||Embassy Scheduled|
|Visa issued same day?||No|
|If not whats the waiting period?||Varies. Recently times have been averaging 1 to 2 weeks. Some even the same week. At most 4 - 8 weeks.|
|Is the Medical exam same day as interview?||Prior to Interview|
|Cost of Medical Exam?||1,390 MAD for men as of August 2012, if age is 25 or older. Under 25 add 600 MAD to the price. (Dr. Khadija Zirari)
This covers the costs of your chest x-ray (to check for TB) and the cost of 4 vaccines (DT/DTP/DTap, Polio/OPV/IPV, MMR, and Varicella)+ Bloodtest
|List of doctors?||Phones/Addresses of each doctor will be sent in Packet 3.
Best to call ahead for appointment.
Doctors will ask you to bring your interview appointment letter and passport.
May 2013 Doctors:
Dr. Abdelouahed Ambari
14 Bd. Ain Taoujtate
Imm. Riad 2eme Etage
Tel : 0522-26-89-73
Dr. Nezha El Fihri
38 Angle Bd Bin Anzarane
et rue ibn Souraij
Some doctors will forward your medical results directly to the Consulate but some will give you the packet to take to the interview yourself. The envelope will be sealed and instructions will be given NOT TO OPEN it.
|How many Passport Photo's Required for the medical?||4|
|How many Passport Photo's Required at the interview?||2|
|Estimated waiting time at the consulate on the day of interview?||3 hours|
You will be issued a copy of your vaccination report for your records. Original will be sent to Consulate.
|Cheap and good hotels near the Consulate?|
|Additional Info?||**UPDATE** The consulate has been informing applicants that the I-134 IS accepted for K1 visas. If you have any doubts, please contact the consulate directly/check their website.
For K1/K3 visas (as sent in a FAQ by the consulate): k3
What documents should I bring to the visa interview? all info. Original copies and translations.
The applicant should bring the following ORIGINAL documents (updated forms from USCIS website are also acceptable):
* Forms in the appointment packet
* Moroccan passport
* Two visa photos attached to forms DS-156
* Birth certificate
* Marital status certificate. Married persons are required to present a certified copy of their marriage certificate. Proof of the termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted (death certificate of spouse, final decrees of divorce or annulment)
* Police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.
*Judicial papers and Certificaste of Never being married.(for K1 only)
*Court/judicial report (Sijel Al Adli)
* Translations: All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translation
-police certificate = 30Dh
-birth certificate = 2Dh
-translations = 150Dh per translation (600Dh for birth,court,police, celibacy)
-visa fee = 1300Dh (includes cost of fingerprinting)
For security reasons and to minimize waiting time, visa applicants should not bring cell phones, backpack, or large handbags and must not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to their appointment times. Applicants must present their appointment letters in order to enter the Consulate and should bring only the documents necessary for their interview.
**It is also suggested that any files (folders, notebooks, binders, etc.) brought to the interview be small OR easy to take apart as the slot in the window is somewhat limited in size and you will only be able to pass smaller items under the window.
YOU WILL NEED TO PAY VARIOUS APPLICATION FEES AT ANY BRANCH OF "Banque Marocaine pour le Commerce et l’Industrie (BMCI)" EXCEPT THE BRANCHES AT GAUTHIER AND RUE D'ALGER IN CASABLANCA. TAKE THE RECEIPT THE BANK GIVES YOU TO YOUR INTERVIEW.
The visa application processing fee has changed. For Immediate Relative Visas the cost in US dollars is $230 instead of $330 starting April 13th 2012. Which is about 1,950.45 MAD Here is the link for more info. http://morocco.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas.html
Fiance visa application cost in US dollars is now $240 instead of %350 starting March 9th 2012. Which is about 2,035.25 MAD. Here in the link for more info.
However due to fluctuating rates bring a few more hundred dirhams or check Dollars and Dirham rates before interview.
FOR CR1 VISAS:
All payments and documents (except medical) must be submitted to NVC prior to receiving interview time and date.