smj59

CR1 interview at Slovenian Embassy

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
Hello,
I decided to share my CR1 interview experience.
The officer was very nice and before starting the interview, she explained the entire process. She had a file with our documents in front of her, and after taking an oath and taking my fingerprints, she asked me questions regarding each document, my previous status in the US (I was there as exchange visitor), and our relationship. There was also a newbie officer observing the process.

Questions asked:
What visa did you have while in US?
Did you first meet your husband in DC?
When did you first see each other?
Were you/he married before? Do you have any children? Does he have children?
How many times has your husband visited your home country?
Did you get married in DC? How many people attended? Did you also celebrate in Slovenia?
How did he come to the US - What was his immigration status? When did he become citizen?
What does he do? Who is the employer?
What did you study? Where? Where did you work?
Did you live anywhere else except Slovenia and the US?
Did you meet his parents?
Talked her into checking wedding photos.
What is your mom's name and where were you born.
Do you already have a job in DC? When are you planning to leave?
Everything was more like a conversation not interview.

When she finished with questions, she said all documents look OK, so does medical exam. I hoped to hear Congrats, you've been approved, but instead, she proceeded to explain that they will contact me in about 7 days (via email) to let me know when I can come pick up passport. She explained a couple more things regarding the (conditional) green card. So overall, it was a pleasant experience.
The status on CEAC website still says Ready, just like it did before the interview. Hopefully it changes to Issued soon and I can pick up passport with visa in it. It seems more difficult to wait now at the end of the process :clock:
​Good luck everyone on your journey!! :dancing:
Edited by smj59
“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
– Maya Angelou

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Just a quick update:

CEAC status changed to Issued today :dancing:

“Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”
– Maya Angelou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.