RocketElephant

Wish to Reside in Vietnam.

17 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello All!!

I have a few questions regarding the B2 Visa.

Firstly, if an applicant is married to a US Citizen (which is not a reason for disqualification)

From http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/ineligibilities.html

© Family-Sponsored immigrants.-Any alien who seeks admission or adjustment of status under a visa issued under section 201(b)(2) or 203(a) is excludable under this paragraph unless-

(i) the alien has obtained-

(I) status as a spouse or a child of a United States citizen pursuant to clause (ii), (iii), or (iv) or section 204(a)(1)(A), or

Will our finances be treated as one in verifying her income and availability to afford the trip and not become dependent upon the state?

Secondly, if we are married, can my ties to VN also be her ties? Such as long term work contract, residency card, work permit, bank accounts, housing lease, etc?

Basically, I want to know, that if I am a resident of Vietnam and have a Vietnamese wife, will her B2 application be only decided on her own merits or are the husband and wife viewed as one entity? If the husband has strong reasons to stay in Vietnam (me), do they extend to her?

Next, I'd like to know, if we are unmarried (only engaged), and she applies for the B2 Visa to visit future in-laws, and she is denied, will that affect her K1 or K3 eligibility? For example, if we apply for the B2 visa, and she is denied, could we proceed with the K1 visa to get her to the US?

Thanks in advance, I hope these questions don't come off as ignorant or repetitive.

Edited by RocketElephant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.