Tabitha and James

Changing jobs while applying for visa.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys, my first post here. My fiance is having alot of issues at work, enough to the point she wants to quit the job. How would this effect our immigration? She is also my sponser. We are led to believe that she needs to maintain solid employment, but surely there has to be some form of allowence to change jobs?? Its getting real old, real quick seeing her in tears because of work. So if anyone can shed some light on this we would greatly appreciate it. Probably asking a bit much, but if you anwser, would you be so kind as to post a link or something to where this sort of information is. Thanks in advance guys.

29 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 received via Text/Email

18 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail

08 May 2015 Received Text of NOA2

08 June 2015 CEAC Status changed to Ready

16 June 2015 Medical Appointment at Knightsbridge

24 July 2015 Interview

????????: POE

17 Oct 2015 Wedding

event.png

Hi guys, my first post here. My fiance is having alot of issues at work, enough to the point she wants to quit the job. How would this effect our immigration? She is also my sponser. We are led to believe that she needs to maintain solid employment, but surely there has to be some form of allowence to change jobs?? Its getting real old, real quick seeing her in tears because of work. So if anyone can shed some light on this we would greatly appreciate it. Probably asking a bit much, but if you anwser, would you be so kind as to post a link or something to where this sort of information is. Thanks in advance guys.

She does not provide her financial support documents when you first file. That will be months down the road at your interview. If she has a new job, and a letter from her employer stating adequate earnings, that is all London consulate will require to approve your visa. A few pay slips would be an additional proof you could bring. If she doesn't have a job by then, someone else can be your sponsor for the visa. London is fairly lenient on this for K1s. This is not information for those in other countries but the UK. Each is different.

A source to read. http://london.usembassy.gov/faffidavit.html

And wade through this page 15 and 16 about the I-134 Affidavit of support http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86988.pdf

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thanks for the help

29 Sep 2014 -- Mailed I-129F

06 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 received via Text/Email

18 Oct 2014 -- NOA1 Hardcopy received in mail

08 May 2015 Received Text of NOA2

08 June 2015 CEAC Status changed to Ready

16 June 2015 Medical Appointment at Knightsbridge

24 July 2015 Interview

????????: POE

17 Oct 2015 Wedding

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.