long_

Bangkok embassy schedule

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks in advance....Bangkok embassy just posted November interview schedule today 10/30/13. We mailed our Packet 3 for K1/K2 and they recieved it today also 10/30/13. Our case did not make the list for November. My question is: Even thought the November interview schedule is posted is it still possible to get a November interview date or will we have to wait till December schedule? We mailed in a copy of everything requested in Packet 3 and original signed signatures for the DS-2001, updated letter's of intent from both of us, and I-134 with supporting documents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Possibly. Write (respectfully) to the visa section letting them know your fiancees availability (give any required notice/travel time) and hope for the best. Add any extenuating circumstances you may have. Worked for us last year

Steve

Timeline

Steve THANKS....should I wait until they they assign us an interview date or send an email now? Reason being my fiance is over 7 months pregnant and will be unable to travel after 28 November.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just like at the check-in counter when looking for stand-by seats get your name on the list (in Cuba it was called lista de espera - list of hopes)

S

Timeline

I have sent an email to the embassy basically asking if I could standby encase someone cancels their interview. Once I hear back from the embassy I will post the results for any one else who was wondering. My current interview date is 25 November.

Edited by long_

Timeline

Here is the response that I received back from the embassy:

Dear Petitioner,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be informed that the interview slot has currently reached the maximum availability. However, if there happens to be any earlier interview appointment canceled/ rescheduled, we will be in contact with you to move up the appointment.

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Bangkok

Timeline

Good news. Last night I recieved the following email from the the embassy:

Dear Petitioner,

In addition to the email we sent to you this morning, there is a
cancellation of appointment of an applicant tomorrow (WED 6 Nov 2013),
please confirm whether you would like to take this available slot.

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Bangkok

Me and my fiance are extremely happy right now. Once again THANKS Steve for the advise!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.