Russell T

Couple of simple questions

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Our process seems to be going pretty smoothly so far. My fiance got the paperwork I helped her fill out for the P3 and P4. Now we have a slight wait due to this weeks holidays.

I am self employed and we have discussed our plans and decided that I will not come over for the interview. I would love to be there as moral support but if we have any glitches or have to wait at all for the visa when approved I can not afford to stay and I can't afford to make the trip twice. Now at the rate things are going and of coarse we get the visa,it

looks like it will be this year. The first question I have is how much time does she have to use the visa? We have talked about me coming over to get her after the Chinese new year so she can spend the holidays with here family since we will not be able to return for awhile. This is a big time for families there and until we actually get aproval it's hard to make flight plans and so many people fly during the holidays the fares are high. But if there is short time period to use it this will effect our plans.

The second question I have is about the police certificate, they are good for a year correct? The notory guy told her it's only good for 6 months. It should not be a problem even if that's true but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks again for your help

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If she speaks some English like my wife did the interview should not be an issue, your attending (you cannot be there for the interview anyway). I did not and YJ did not have any problems. Speaking English I think it shows we can communicate with them effectively. In GZ the one thing he the IO asked was about getting married, she did know where and the the date was pending due to the Visa. To your questions, Visa good for 6 months max, I think my wife came after she squared away some stuff in 3 months (seemed like forever). She stayed to the end of the year to get a huge bonus from her company. Chinese New year weather is better than summer humidity. February 10, 2013, year of the snake. So if she gets her visa you could in fact go in Feb and travel home together. Good Luck on your interview. A recent members who put information in is A&B, our is there also. Seems like you are organized and if she is the same you will do fine.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Thanks Bigdog, that helps. Yes, my fiance speaks English and writes it as well, she's not fluent but we do very well. I sent her an Evolution of Relationship letter for the interview discussing how well we can communicate.

I went to China this year in Feb and got there just after the New Year holiday ended and it worked out well. We do not want to be apart but at the same time as long as we have the visa we will feel good and then she could spend one last New Year with the family. I would go over and bring her here in Feb. We hope to go back later but just have no idea when that will be.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

bigdog is correct on both counts.

See OF-169 (you guys received in Packet 3) about police certificates:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/guangzhou/47024/IV/K%20Instruction%20-May2012.pdf

See DoS Nonimmigrant Visa FAQs about K-1 validity dates:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html#4

My wife also speaks fairly good "Chinglish" (her word), and felt comfortable enough to ask that she have her visa interview in English. I was able to make the trek to Guangzhou this past June for her interview. I could not attend the actual interview, but I did give her my EOR, inserted into my passport, for presentation of both to the CO. I say, that if you can make to the interview, great! If you can't, if the both of you have done your homework and adequate preparation, you should be okay. You seem to be organized. As I have said repeatedly, I feel that it is the strength of your entire visa package that can largely determine the fate of your visa application. :thumbs: It is totally up to the perception of the CO. :yes: My wife's visa was approved on 16 June 2012, she and her son had their SeaTac POE on 26 July 2012. She was a school teacher and was able to take care of her affairs in fairly short order.

Be sure to read some recent GUZ interview reviews.

Good luck.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thanks A&B, I hope we are prepared, then I ask a simple question and you point out the answers right in front of me, makes me wonder how ready I really am! :bonk:

I would love to go for the interview and wait like you did but it's just not feasible for us to do that.My fiance is sharp, also a former teacher and I feel her English is good enough to do her interview in English. I know how we feel about each other so I am confitent in our outcome, I figure it's better then worrying about it. She will take my ERO to the interview and in it I explained why I'm not outside but will come to bring her to the US. I sent records of many hours of Skype video and pictures I took during these sessions, copies of emails from the time I sent the F1-129 till now, more photos, she's taking all the cards and the envelopes they came in and a photo book I had made after my trip to China. Once she sends the P3 papers in we will talk about what might happen in the interview. I have been looking at embassy reviews also.

Thanks again guys!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.