chrismanilyn

Singapore Police Clearance??? For K1 Visa in Philippines

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our K-1 interview is April 16th at the Embassy in Manila. My fiancée worked in Singapore for 6 months in 2010/2011. I know that Singapore doesn't issue police clearances for non-Singaporean citizens, and I know that they refer to the "Statutory Declaration". I also know that you CAN obtain a Singapore police clearance, if you submit the application with a "form letter" from the "requesting/processing office".

A good friend of mine just got his fiancée (who also worked in SG) through the US K1 visa process from the Philippines by simply having a print out of the notice off of the Singapore Police website stating that "they don't provide police certs to non-Singaporean citizens". Maybe he was lucky, and unfortunately I had planned for that...now I'm second guessing this approach.

SOoooo...based on the group's experience, was a "Statutory Declaration" requested and accepted in your interview for evidence of no police record in Singapore? How do you go about obtaining one while living in the Philippines??

OR, was an actual COC from Singapore requested? How do you go about obtaining a "form letter" from the "requesting/processing office"? Who do you contact for this request and how long does it take to get??

Any help is appreciated...but not pointing to the web pages (below)...actual experience and knowledge in being asked for, AND/or obtaining these documents.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cncc_notice.htm

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9732

Chris

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Read this thread - you might find the answer to your issue, post #11 has the info you're looking for.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/355071-nbi-clearance-and-police-certificate-from-singapore/

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you need "form letter" from the "requesting/processing office" all you need to do is go to the USEM in manila.

My Fiance went last week to secure one for her Japanese police report. All she did was print out a copy of our NOA2 and the letter I got from NVC that shows the manila case number. She then went to the Embassy and asked for the letter requesting a police report.

Depending on the requirement of that country (Singapore) she may be asked to go get finger printed first.

After she got the letter of request from USEM, she went to the Japanese Embassy where they gave her a form to get her finger printing done in Camp Crame. She then returned to the Japanese Embassy and turned in the forms. She spent the whole day getting this done.

Our K-1 interview is April 16th at the Embassy in Manila. My fiancée worked in Singapore for 6 months in 2010/2011. I know that Singapore doesn't issue police clearances for non-Singaporean citizens, and I know that they refer to the "Statutory Declaration". I also know that you CAN obtain a Singapore police clearance, if you submit the application with a "form letter" from the "requesting/processing office".

A good friend of mine just got his fiancée (who also worked in SG) through the US K1 visa process from the Philippines by simply having a print out of the notice off of the Singapore Police website stating that "they don't provide police certs to non-Singaporean citizens". Maybe he was lucky, and unfortunately I had planned for that...now I'm second guessing this approach.

SOoooo...based on the group's experience, was a "Statutory Declaration" requested and accepted in your interview for evidence of no police record in Singapore? How do you go about obtaining one while living in the Philippines??

OR, was an actual COC from Singapore requested? How do you go about obtaining a "form letter" from the "requesting/processing office"? Who do you contact for this request and how long does it take to get??

Any help is appreciated...but not pointing to the web pages (below)...actual experience and knowledge in being asked for, AND/or obtaining these documents.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cncc_notice.htm

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9732

Chris

Hi! I worked in Singapore for more than 2yrs..I send my documents with the Request letter to my previous employer she then go to SPF to submit my documents,for the request letter i went to US embassy Manila at window 38 to to ask for it personally...I email the SPF yesterday and they already send my COC last April 3 to

US embassy Manila.The processing for COC take 10 working days.this is the Email Add SPF_CID_COC@spf.gov.sg

try to email or call 006564358275 to ask if they process COC if your fiance was there only for 6 months.

your interview is coming soon,you don't have much time to process the COC but your fiance was there for 6 months

only,i'm not sure if the consul will give excuse for it...Goodluck! and God bless!

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

UPDATE:

We had our interview April 16th at the embassy, and they did require the SG police clearance (my buddy got through a few months ago with just a print out from the SG website stating "we don't do COC's for non-Singaporean citizens"). It appears they are now firm in this policy.

SOOOooooo, immediately after the interview we started gathering the documentation required by the SG police department. At the exit counter of the embassy following our interview, they gave us the letter stating the US gov't requires the COC, and that the "statutory declaration is not accepted".

First thing we did was try to get her fingerprints. The SG COC request form requires all ten fingerprints by an authorized authority...common sense told us we would obtain this at the NBI in Manila. We went to the NBI and fought our way up to the fingerprinting counter...after several minutes of explaining that we only needed the fingerprints and NOT an NBI, they started the process. After the prints were done, we had the GREAT fortune of finding out that her cousin (whom she never met) was sitting 10 feet away!! He then informed us that we needed the fingerprint card authenticated by the DFA, and gave us the phone number and name of someone there that could help expedite (normally, 1-3 weeks to get the fingerprint card authenticated).

Sooooo, we went straight to the DFA and met the personal contact...after 1 hour of explaining what we needed, we finally were in process for the authentication...after 2 hours of waiting, we finally got the card.

Sooo, the next day we put the package together (fingerprint, US embassy letter, 2 visa photos, copies of passport page, COC application) and went to get the payment. TURNS OUT, SG police requires the payment in SG currency, and there's only one bank in Manila that can do it, BDO (I'm sure there's another bank, but even SG police only mentioned BDO as an option). AND, in order to get a bank payment in SG from BDO, you have to be a client...AND in order to open an account in Manila, you have to have a Manila address, be employed in Manila. It doesn't matter how much cash you have...that's the rules and I did my best to persuade them otherwise.

SOoooooooo, we reverted to Plan G, which was to ship the document package to a friend in SG, and wire her the money Western Union for her to pay and apply in person for my fiancée (SG police said this was ok). NOW, we are waiting for DHL to deliver the documents...2 attempts made already. There was a mix up on the address...oye.

All in all, I think we have this figured out, but wanted to post for anyone in process.

Chris

UPDATE:

We had our interview April 16th at the embassy, and they did require the SG police clearance (my buddy got through a few months ago with just a print out from the SG website stating "we don't do COC's for non-Singaporean citizens"). It appears they are now firm in this policy.

SOOOooooo, immediately after the interview we started gathering the documentation required by the SG police department. At the exit counter of the embassy following our interview, they gave us the letter stating the US gov't requires the COC, and that the "statutory declaration is not accepted".

First thing we did was try to get her fingerprints. The SG COC request form requires all ten fingerprints by an authorized authority...common sense told us we would obtain this at the NBI in Manila. We went to the NBI and fought our way up to the fingerprinting counter...after several minutes of explaining that we only needed the fingerprints and NOT an NBI, they started the process. After the prints were done, we had the GREAT fortune of finding out that her cousin (whom she never met) was sitting 10 feet away!! He then informed us that we needed the fingerprint card authenticated by the DFA, and gave us the phone number and name of someone there that could help expedite (normally, 1-3 weeks to get the fingerprint card authenticated).

Sooooo, we went straight to the DFA and met the personal contact...after 1 hour of explaining what we needed, we finally were in process for the authentication...after 2 hours of waiting, we finally got the card.

Sooo, the next day we put the package together (fingerprint, US embassy letter, 2 visa photos, copies of passport page, COC application) and went to get the payment. TURNS OUT, SG police requires the payment in SG currency, and there's only one bank in Manila that can do it, BDO (I'm sure there's another bank, but even SG police only mentioned BDO as an option). AND, in order to get a bank payment in SG from BDO, you have to be a client...AND in order to open an account in Manila, you have to have a Manila address, be employed in Manila. It doesn't matter how much cash you have...that's the rules and I did my best to persuade them otherwise.

SOoooooooo, we reverted to Plan G, which was to ship the document package to a friend in SG, and wire her the money Western Union for her to pay and apply in person for my fiancée (SG police said this was ok). NOW, we are waiting for DHL to deliver the documents...2 attempts made already. There was a mix up on the address...oye.

All in all, I think we have this figured out, but wanted to post for anyone in process.

Chris

I just sent my COC application on Tuesday (April 17, 2011). Bank of the Phiippine Islands (BPI) can also do bank draft with SG currency. There are only two I know that can do it BPI and BDO.

• 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I worked in Singapore for more than 2yrs..I send my documents with the Request letter to my previous employer she then go to SPF to submit my documents,for the request letter i went to US embassy Manila at window 38 to to ask for it personally...I email the SPF yesterday and they already send my COC last April 3 to

US embassy Manila.The processing for COC take 10 working days.this is the Email Add SPF_CID_COC@spf.gov.sg

try to email or call 006564358275 to ask if they process COC if your fiance was there only for 6 months.

your interview is coming soon,you don't have much time to process the COC but your fiance was there for 6 months

only,i'm not sure if the consul will give excuse for it...Goodluck! and God bless!

hi

Azteca143

How did you do the payment? We are trying to send COC singapore but bank doesn't issue bank draft if we dont have a bank..

Is theres any option for payment?

Thank you very much!

Do you know somebody who are in Singapore now? Maybe a relatives or a friend? Send them the money thru western union and they will pay it in your behalf.in my case my previous employer pay it for me I just send her all the required documents.

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

If you go to asia pacific forum, regional specific. You will find the answers there.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/463628-singapore-k1s/page-2

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.