P.A.T

K1 Online Interview Scheduling

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Greetings everyone,

I emailed the US Embassy in Moscow earlier this week to request fiancee's case status and part of their reply was "Very soon, the Embassy will start a new on-line appointment system. In a few days your fiancée is welcome to visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ to schedule her appointment on-line.". I checked the site and sure enough right now it's only allowing interview scheduling for non-immigrant visa classes.

My understanding is that currently the US Embassy calls the beneficiary to schedule the interview, is that correct? Anyone else hear anything about this new scheduling system or have a more definite date of when it'll be available?

Timeline

That site is kind of Jacked Up. We went there to do the address for delivery of the Visa and filled out the profile page that has the shipping address. We saved the data but could not find how to print the page with the bar code to take to the interview. I think they may be in Beta as it does not allow you to do what you should be able to do yet.

1070663.jpg

Timeline

That site is kind of Jacked Up. We went there to do the address for delivery of the Visa and filled out the profile page that has the shipping address. We saved the data but could not find how to print the page with the bar code to take to the interview. I think they may be in Beta as it does not allow you to do what you should be able to do yet.

Any updates on your situation with the delivery barcode?

I emailed the Consular section again asking if they were going to schedule the interview or if the beneficiary was supposed to, and once again they replied with the link to the website instructing to schedule a K-1 appointment and to register for passport delivery..but there is no option to register for a K-1 interview!!! Sounds like whoever operates the website told the customers (US Embassy) that it is fully functional, when it really isn't even anywhere near completion.

Timeline

To Whom it May Concern,

I had 2 questions about the K-1 and K-2 Visa process.

1. In the updated PDF guide for the most recient instructions for Imigrant Visas is states that "If your visa application is approved, we will put your visa in your passport and send the completed visa pasket and passport to you by Pony Express courier at no extra charge." But on the Moscow Embassy webside under Fiance visa it states that you need to get a prepaid Pony Express waybill. Could you please let me know which is correct?

1/ It says about a DHL bill, not PonyExpress since the previous appointment works till the end of August

2. Do we just call the Embassy to schedule the interview or do we use the new website www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ ?

2/ You should use new website to get an appointment date

1070663.jpg

Timeline

To Whom it May Concern,

I had 2 questions about the K-1 and K-2 Visa process.

1. In the updated PDF guide for the most recient instructions for Imigrant Visas is states that "If your visa application is approved, we will put your visa in your passport and send the completed visa pasket and passport to you by Pony Express courier at no extra charge." But on the Moscow Embassy webside under Fiance visa it states that you need to get a prepaid Pony Express waybill. Could you please let me know which is correct?

1/ It says about a DHL bill, not PonyExpress since the previous appointment works till the end of August

2. Do we just call the Embassy to schedule the interview or do we use the new website www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ ?

2/ You should use new website to get an appointment date

Some lady from the US Embassy in Moscow called my fiancee yesterday to schedule an interview date, got August 26th!!! Lady also said that the online scheduling system for K-1s won't be active until Sept 1st and earliest interview slots will be in October.

Timeline
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru This is the new site to set up an appointment. I emailed the embassy in Moscow to get a status and we got our invitation letter today and it said to set up the appointment on this site. Today the immigration visa option is now there. Now I just need to figure out how to add for the K-2 portion. It looks like they are still making changes to the site as well. When I first went in they asked for a DS-160 confirmation number even though the K-1 does not use this form. This has since been removed. :unsure:
1070663.jpg

Timeline

New Email to the Moscow Embassy and www.ustraveldocs.com/ru helpdesk.

There are two discrepancies from the website, The IV-packet 4 instruction

document and the new website www.ustraveldocs.com/ru that I am sure are

causing quite a few questions.

1 Discrepancy on payment.

a. Embassy Website: $350 on the day of the interview

b. Packet 4 instructions: $350 on the day of the interview

c. On http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru : Prepay $350 at VTB24 branch.

(Confirmation number needed prior to being able to schedule an interview

date)

2 Discrepancy on Delivery

a. Embassy Website: It is necessary to submit the original DHL airway

bill for express delivery of your visa after the interview.

b. Packet 4 instructions: If your visa application is approved, we will

put your visa in your passport and send the completed visa packet and

passport to you by Pony Express courier at no extra charge.

c. On http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru : Once your visa is approved,

Pony Express will either deliver your passport to the location you specified

when you scheduled your appointment, or hold your passport at a Pony Express

office for you to retrieve. There are no extra fees associated with either

aspect of this service - the cost for Pony Express to deliver or hold your

passport is included in the visa application fee.

I also have not found where to add a K-2 applicant onto the K-1 applicant at

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru . Do we need to create a separate account on

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru for the K-2 applicant? How do we keep their

information together through the processing? Will one delivery confirmation

be enough for both visas if approved?

1070663.jpg

Timeline

Just so people do not think I am too crazy. The interview letter sent by the embassy (copy below) sends you to the fiancée portion of the Moscow Embassy website which references the “Interview Preparation Useful Hints” Packet 4 instructions as being what needs to be followed after interviews scheduled to take place on or after September 1, 2011.

Dear Petitioner:

Please resend the letter to your fiancé(e).

Dear Applicant:

We are pleased to inform you that the Immigrant Visa Unit of U.S. Embassy Moscow has received your approved visa petition and that your case is ready for processing.

You should now visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru to complete the following steps: 1) arrange payment of the $350 visa fee; 2) enter an address to which the visa will be delivered; and 3) schedule your interview appointment. Once you pay the fee and specify the delivery address, you may schedule your interview for any available appointment slot. Please ensure that the date you select falls within four months of the date on which the visa petition was approved. Failure to do so may impact the validity of your visa petition.

All applicants for fiancé(e) visas must comply with the processing requirements detailed at http://russian.moscow.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html. This page provides the most accurate and complete information needed to prepare for your interview including a list of required documents. Thank you.

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy Moscow

1070663.jpg

Timeline

Here is the response from the www.ustraveldocs.com/ru helpdesk on my ticket to them.

Dear Robert,

Thank you for writing US Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you wish to know the visa application process for applying for a K visa.

Please note that, at this time, we do not collect payment or process interview appointment scheduling for K visas. We request you to get in touch with the embassy directly to apply for the visa.

Please visit the following link for more information on K visas -

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-visatypeinfo.asp'>http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-visatypeinfo.asp

Please feel free to write back in case you have any further queries.

Sincerely,

Yuliya

US Visa Service Desk

And here is what the Embassy said.

We are pleased to inform you that the Immigrant Visa Unit of U.S. Embassy Moscow has received your approved visa petition and that your case is ready for processing. The U. S. Embassy has already transitioned to a new appointment system. You should now visit http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru to complete the following steps: 1) arrange payment of the $350 visa fee for each applicant; 2) enter an address to which the visa(s) will be delivered; and 3) schedule your interview appointment. Once you pay the fee(s) and specify the delivery address, you may schedule your interview for any available appointment slot. Please ensure that the date you select falls within four months of the date on which the visa petition was approved. Failure to do so may impact the validity of your visa petition. All applicants for fiancé(e) visas must comply with the processing requirements detailed at http://russian.moscow.usembassy.gov/fiancee.html. This page provides the most accurate and complete information needed to prepare for your interview including a list of required documents. Please contact the Call Center at 7 (495) 542-98-19 (local) or 8 800 100 2554 (ITFN) or via email at support-russia@ustraveldocs.com should you have any problems accessing the new appointment system. Sincerely,Public Liaison UnitConsular SectionU. S. Embassy, Moscow
Edited by Robert&Liliya
1070663.jpg

Timeline

Did anyone figure out if you have to pay the fee at VTB24 bank or directly to the embassy?

On the US Travel Docs web site it says "The application fees shown below are listed in U.S. dollars and apply to one visa application. The application fee for the most common nonimmigrant visa types is $140. This includes tourist, business, student, and exchange visas. Most petition-based visas, such as work and religious visas, are $150.00. K visas cost $350.00 and the fee amount for E visas is $390.00. Please note that visa fees for K applicants will continue to be paid at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate on the date of your appointment."

But it doesn't appear the US Travel Docs web site will let you sign up for an appointment without the receipt number???

Also do you need to have your MOS number to sign up for an appointment or can you do it as soon as you get NOA2?

Wow this system sure has its bugs!!!!!

2009/06/19 - 1st NOA 1 (I-129F)

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/01/11 - interview; result - approved

2010/01/18 - received passport with visa in the mail

2010/02/05 - embassy calls and asked to return visa for a "correction"

2010/02/09 - fiance returns passport with visa to embassy

2010/03/09 - embassy tells us we are in "administrative review"

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2010/11/08 - 2nd NOA 1 (I-129F ROUND 2)

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/10/20 - visa received

2011/11/04 - POE

2011/11/25 - legal marriage

2012/07/21 - wedding with family and friends!!

Timeline

We paid at VTB24 and have been waiting the "2 days" they said it would take to have the payment go through. We got the form for the payment here. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ru/ru-niv-paymentinfo.asp Fee Payment Slip - $350 MRV Fee We were told that we can schedule our interview tomorrow so I will let you know how that goes.

Liliya told me that they also had the forms at the bank she went to.

They have updated the example so you can now read it and also changed it from Date-Time-Receipt number to date-receipt number.

1070663.jpg

Timeline

Thanks Robert, I'm sure everyone will be eager to see how it goes... I am very curious how far out available interview dates will be, and if we actually have to wait for the letter you got, or if we can sign up for an appointment once we have a case number. We will give it a try for sure!!

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2010/09/07 - fiance receives passport back with canceled visa and letter; our petition has been returned to USCIS

2011/04/19 - service request response - 6 months additional extensive background checks

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/11/04 - POE

Timeline

Nice!!!! Congrats!!!! Now good luck on the interview!

2009/10/07 - NOA 2

2011/08/22 - 2nd NOA 2

2011/10/04 - interview

2011/11/04 - POE

Timeline

I was able to schedule the appointments for K-1 and K-2. We got 1 September. :dance:

Hi Robert,

Did you schedule through website? Cause we did pay at vtb24 and could not plase receipt on the web, I called embassy today and they told me that service will not work until September 1.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.