gyvenn2

filing without an address house number

2 posts in this topic

Hello! I am complete new to this whole process and I want to try and get things done right the first time. the only problem is sifting through all the information tat is out there. What i would like to know is what do i put on the form when it ask for an address with house number? In kenya they do not have plot numbers that are posted or can be used for mail. We use a P.O box. I am confused as to what to put for where my wife and I live. We both in live in Nairobi, Kenya together I do not have a residence in the US at this time. Do I put the name of the apartment complex we live in or do I use the P.o. box number? Please I need some help on this!!

Also what is the best way to get info from the USCSIS in Kenya? I have emailed them three times in the last year and have never gotten a response. I want to know If i qualify to file here in kenya and how do I prove that I do qualify? any advice is welcome.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello! I am complete new to this whole process and I want to try and get things done right the first time. the only problem is sifting through all the information tat is out there. What i would like to know is what do i put on the form when it ask for an address with house number? In kenya they do not have plot numbers that are posted or can be used for mail. We use a P.O box. I am confused as to what to put for where my wife and I live. We both in live in Nairobi, Kenya together I do not have a residence in the US at this time. Do I put the name of the apartment complex we live in or do I use the P.o. box number? Please I need some help on this!!

Also what is the best way to get info from the USCSIS in Kenya? I have emailed them three times in the last year and have never gotten a response. I want to know If i qualify to file here in kenya and how do I prove that I do qualify? any advice is welcome.

I'm sorry - I just saw your post. Were you able to figure this out? When we filed our petition, I used the P.O. Box because you KNOW mail will never arrive at the physical street address, LOL. It's just the way things are in Kenya...I completely understand. I used the P.O. Box, and then attached a separate sheet of paper defining exactly why I did that, and on that sheet, I provided the physical street address just so they would have it documented. Again, I'm sorry I just saw this....I would've answered sooner. Also, there is no USCIS in Kenya...it's all based in the United States. The American citizen is the one who has to file the papers and that's all done from the United States. The only thing you deal with from Kenya is the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi...when you say you emailed the USCIS in Kenya...do you mean the Embassy?

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.