jlccristobal

F-2a Unmarried Child - Questions

2 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello every one.. im an f2a unmarried daughter of a LPR.. im just worried about my petition because:

1. i have aged out., im already 21 last march 2011

2. everyone's timeline here is really fast unlike mine.. my priority date was nov. 3 2009. and until now i'm still waiting for my interview,, i was able to complete and sent back my paper works last january 2011.

3. i am diabetic,, some says that having it may affect my approval.. can somebody help me?

do you guys think that i could still get the approval??

Hi jlc, I was 23 when my F2a petition was approved. There is a law called CHILD STATUS PROTECTION ACT which protects you because it is not your fault that your petition takes so long, but the immigration law (they only take in certain no. of people for china, mexico, phils per year). you can read more about that in forums here.

To relieve your anxiety, you can use an online CSPA Calculator which determines if your "CSPA AGE" is less than 21. I used that and it was accurate. My CSPA age was 20 yrs 11 months when I was 23. (They make use of your age when your petition was filed.)

My timeline was actually very slow, it took 4 years. You are currently just waiting for only a year now. The PD now for July, I checked yesterday, is May 2008. I'm not so sure about your being diabetic, but I guess it's not that important, as long as you don't have a contagious disease (such as TB, which will make the process slower, you have to be healed first before they approve your visa).

I still have a copy of the CSPA calculator I used last year. It is a good program, you just have to enter some dates and it will compute it for you. Just make sure the dates you enter are the dates they ask for. Read carefully. If you want to, I can send it to you, I only need your email address for it.

I too have been so anxious for months, it took me months of research to gain all this knowledge. I know how anxious you must me. Hope this helps. Goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.