keith&jezyl

Wifes Manila embassy experience

5 posts in this topic

Consulate Review: Manila, Philippines

Review Topic:EventDescriptionReview Date :April 14, 2011Embassy Review :Wife Jezyl appt time was April 12 6:30am, she arrived at 5:20am and fell in line. Every line had a different category, with different times. Security guard ask her what category and time of her interview.She was told to go to immigrant visa line which she said was long line, she went to the end. Guard reminded people no electronics, no food or water, no coins cause u have to go through metal detector, her aunt held her purse for her.I think they told everyone outside to prepare there appt letter and looked at passport and I think maby id to get inside. Her papers were checked in the line a few more times bye girls working for the embassy.She was given a number to remember 6095 that was important to process her papers inside.She said her leg and back so hurt cause she wear high hill shoes.Jezyl aunt waited with her purse at the sea wall,she also said no candy allowed only paper and ballpoint pen.Jezyl was not really tired cause sun had not risen yet and she was inside by 640am.Jezyl said one older i guess administrator was getting mad with security cause some people brought in food and told security if the line was still slow and applicants didn't understand about food to kick them out. Jezyl said 2 waiting areas with a canteen for food in water inside. After going through the detector there are 3 windows she went to the immigrant visa window. They ask her name, passport and medical. She showed a paper from St Lukes showing her medical was approved and told then hospital said would forward to them the next day. They looked at her appt letter and told her to take it inside to window 39, there are 75 total windows inside. she passed through detector again with more guards checking reaching window 39 approx 7:15am dropping off appt letter and told take seat and wait for number on screen, but lady called her name to window 41 and asked her for passport and 2 2x2 pics and told her to wait for her number to be called.Approx 8am her number appeared window 46 start her interview with a Philippine lady.She asked more then 10 questions,her name,my name, my age,were i live,were i work, were we meet,when we meet, how long i stayed,when is are wedding, did i ask her to marry me before coming there,first time we talked,did she stay with me when there, any kids,her 2mth miscarriage, was it her first time apply visa,if she ever been abroad,about her nursing schooling i paid for,and why i wait so long to get her there. She explained she was in school and became pregnant right after i left, and i decided after her miscarriage since it would take to long for her to finish school if she promised to finish over here, or later over there we work on her coming here first.She was asked how long since i been there,and for 3 pictures of us together.Wife said she was not nervous cause lady was Philippine and talked to her in Tagalog no slang lol.Around 830 was told take seat wait on #.Number appeared again window 40 wife could not tell if lady was a foreigner or not cause the way she talked, but looked foreign. She asked my wife name, age, then fingerprinted her using a machine.She sat down again then number appeared for her to go to final interview window 40 with a American man. Wife was real nervous but remembered what her aunt told her about having a tiger look during this process, she said her knees were shaking cause she was expecting a question about her papers which never was asked.He asked her name, age, who her petitioner was,what my work is, why and how we meet and our connection,do we have kids, did i ask to marry her before coming there,did we stay together,did we go other places when i stayed there,how many days and when i stay there,that is it. Then the CO kidded her about chocolate on a form and if it was her footprint, i remember trying to scrape that off before i sent it lol.She then knew that he was a good man, but i think still scared to smile. She went mack to seat but was called again about her medical not being there which she tried to hand carry since she completed on a Friday but ST Lukes told her it was no problem. That was around 1140am she was at window 71 told fill out some papers and go to window 76 which was the 2 go courier. she completed everything about 1200 noon, then went to St Marys to completer her CFO training and got her certificate, she still needs her Visa to get her stamp. Hope this might help some people the way i was helped with some things good luck. My wife nickname for me is Kitkatt named after a candy bar.laughing.gifkicking.gifkicking.giflaughing.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Consulate Review: Manila, Philippines

Review Topic:EventDescriptionReview Date :April 14, 2011Embassy Review :Wife Jezyl appt time was April 12 6:30am, she arrived at 5:20am and fell in line....she completed everything about 1200 noon, then went to St Marys to completer her CFO training and got her certificate, she still needs her Visa to get her stamp. Hope this might help some people the way i was helped with some things good luck. My wife nickname for me is Kitkatt named after a candy bar.laughing.gifkicking.gifkicking.giflaughing.gif

Keith, Thank you very, very much for taking the time to write your very informative post. My fiance and I are likely a long time away yet from our own interview at embassy. However, in your post there are a number of "golden nuggets" of valuable inormation that will be well remembered by us with the time comes. Thank you and congratulations to you and your wife!!

RK and Inday

K-1
May 4, 2006 - We first meet in Singapore
[March 2008 to October 2011] - RK visits Inday in Philippines; multiple visits
April 11, 2010 - RK proposes on Palawan Island; Inday says "Yes! Yes!"
Apr 4, 2011 - I-129F mailed
Apr 11, 2011 - petition received, NOA1, application routed to VSC
Aug 3, 2011 - NOA2! I-129F petition approved!! Yahoo!!!
Aug 10, 2011 - NVC forwards petition to Manila
Aug 17, 2011 - Petition arrives Manila
October 4, 2011 - Medical passed; thank you for answered prayer!
October 12, 2011 - K-1 Visa approved!! Thank you for more prayers anwswered!!
November 24, 2011 - POE! (Thanksgiving Day) Prayers answered!!!! Many Thanks!!!!
Feb 5, 2012 - Wedding Ceremony!

AOS
June 14, 2012 - AOS filed (EAD & AP concurrently filed also); sent via FedEx courier
June 19, 2012 - text notification indicating receipt AOS package
June 25, 2012 - hardcopy AOS, EAD, AP "NOA1"s (I-797C) received
June 29, 2012 - appointment letter for biometrics received (appointment: mid-July)
July 14, 2012 - Biometrics appointment: complete
July 18, 2012 - Case transferred to California Service Center notice received
August 27, 2012 - Combo EAD & AP card received

April 25, 2012 - Permanent Resident card (conditional) received; Yahoo!!! (no interview)

REMOVAL OF CONDITONS
March 28, 2015 - I-751 filed; sent via USPS priority mail, signature upon delivery requested

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very good Post.

Appreciated.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

So your wife was able to hand carry her medical results to the interview?

At the interview they asked for her passport? From what I read, St Luke's takes your passport and sends both her passport and medical result straight to the embassy?

Good information. Just confused on those two parts.

"We survived TSC."

USCIS

07/08/2010: USCIS Priority Date: NOA1

11/02/2011: TSC Blackhole..

02/11/2011: Approved! Received Email Notification

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case # Assigned and received IIN #.

04/04/2011: Sign in failed. Final Review. Case Complete!

04/15/2011: Shipped to Embassy

Embassy/Consulate

04/18/2011: Embassy received

04/26/2011: Medical Day 1

04/27/2011: Medical Day 2 Immunization Passed!

05/11/2011: Interview Approved!

05/17/2011: Visa Received!

06/13/2011: POE SFO

06/23/2011: Received Green Card

Lifting of Conditions

03/19/2013: Mailed I-751

03/21/2013: NOA date

04/19/2013: Biometrics

Thanks for sharing the experience. This is always helpful to members who have not gone to the interview.

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.