CBM

DHL deliveries misconception

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, so I thought I'd start a thread to let people who are interviewing soon know: You don't have to drive 3 or 4 or 5 hours to get your passport from the DHL location you chose!

I know I'm not the only one who thought I had to go to that location to get it, because I just saw someone in another thread worrying about it.

The day of your interview, assuming you are approved, you get a "congrats" letter with a few FAQ on it. On the back, there should be instructions regarding the waybill and all that. If there's nothing on the back (there wasn't on mine), ask the receptionist on the way out. She is very nice, and willing to help.

All you have to do is go to the website that you booked your interview at, and go to the DHL part of it. It will give you an email address to email (csc.deliveries@dhl.ca) and all you do is email them with your Full name, as it appears on your passport,your passport number, your waybill number, and your mailing address. There may be something else, but there is a list of instructions. Also provide a phone number you can be reached at during the day.

Then, within 2 days, a DHL rep will call you, and you have to confirm all the info you emailed previously, and give them your credit card number to pay for the shipment to your house. It's $16-something. It takes an extra couple days, but to me, it was WELL worth the 4 hour round trip to London, ON to get my passport.

I didn't have it shipped to my house until it had already arrived in London, so it's not a big deal if you don't change it right away. You can't change it until the waybill number shows up on the screen, which may take a week or so.

And, for K-1s (not sure about CR1s), you will get an email from the consulate saying it's been sent.

Anyway, hope this helps some of the people who are interviewing soon! No long trips needed :)

May 25th, 2010 : Filed I-129F at CSC

June 1st, 2010 : NoA1

June 7th, 2010 : Touch

October 19th, 2010: Touch

October 20th, 2010: NoA2! (141 days)

November 8th, 2010: Received Packet 3 from Montreal

November 10th, 2010: Sent Packet 3 back to Montreal

November 25th: Received Packet 4 & Scheduled interview!

March 8th, 2011: Interview in Montreal - Approved!

April 30th, 2011: Move to CA

May 6th, 2011: Married <3

May 31st, 2011: Filed AOS

June 6th, 2011: NoA1

June 13th, 2011: Received Notice for Biometrics

July 7th, 2011: Biometrics

August 22, 2011: AOS Interview - Approved!

August 29th, 2011: Greencard in hand!

Thanks for the info :-)

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.