rayne_4

DCF Singapore

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

I just want to share our filing experience at the US Embassy - Singapore

Whew! We've just filed our I-130 earlier this earlier..oh boy it stressed us a lot!

Day 1 (Oct.19 2010) Tuesday. US consulate only accepts filing of petitions during Tues and Thurs. We went there early to submit our docs but were asked to go back the following day to submit additional evidence of hubby's US citizenship (his dad's certificate of naturalization). Waiting time is 30 to 45min. Total processing time 3 hours. To add on,the female officers weren't really friendly. They don't even smile.

Day 2 (Oct 20 2010) Wednesday. We came back with the required docs including hubby's parents marriage cert. When consul made the review she found a discrepancy on the date of marriage on hubby's birth cert vs. the marriage cert of his parents. To our surprise consul (in a loud speaker) immediately informed us that they cannot accept the petition and that we have to do it in the US all because of the discrepancy. In a mean voice she kept on saying WE ARE REJECTING THE PETITION. We were really shaken and shocked. Hubby felt like the US embassy shut its doors for him. We really can't accept it as we know the rights of a US citizen and the requirements of the petition which we have followed by heart.I have even told the consul that its my hubby who is doing the petition and should thereby base on my hubby's documents not of his parents. They made a judgement on the wrong basis as she was pointing out the discrepancy that doesn't even have bearing on hubby's US citizenship. Of course we didn't argue with them. We just kept quiet then left. With Divine intervention, just as we were about to get our things from the guard house the guard informed us to return inside as the consul wanted to speak with us. Whew, thank goodness she informed us that she referred the case to her supervisor and that they will be ACCEPTING hubby's petition. God is really Good! Oh well i didn't further ask and commented on the stress they gave us. Their acceptance is tantamount to their apologies. That's enough. They're forgiven.lol.

Lessons we learned.

1. Know your rights well. It will give you confidence to stand up what you believe in.

2. Ask the right questions. Hadn't we asked her to look at hubby's docs not his parents wouldn't leave the consul thinking if her decision was done fairly.

3. Pray. It's a very powerful.

4. Be thankful. When there are sudden turn of events to your side just forgive and forget. Move on from what happened.

5. Less is more. Together with our I-130 application were alot of stuff (pics, affidavits, receipts, bank docs. They returned us everything except for the forms and copies of our passports and marriage certs. But it also pays to be over prepared =)

Wish us luck!! and we wish you all the same!

Lon

Filed I-130 : Oct. 20,2010

Notice of Action: Nov. 29,2010

NoA received: Dec.3, 2010

NoA reply sent: Feb 3,2011

Bangkok USCIS receipt: Feb. 7,2011

Notice of Approval : Feb. 23,2011

Our NoA receipt: March 7,2011

Packet 3 received: April 1, 2011

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi guys!

I just want to share our filing experience at the US Embassy - Singapore

Whew! We've just filed our I-130 earlier this earlier..oh boy it stressed us a lot!

Day 1 (Oct.19 2010) Tuesday. US consulate only accepts filing of petitions during Tues and Thurs. We went there early to submit our docs but were asked to go back the following day to submit additional evidence of hubby's US citizenship (his dad's certificate of naturalization). Waiting time is 30 to 45min. Total processing time 3 hours. To add on,the female officers weren't really friendly. They don't even smile.

Day 2 (Oct 20 2010) Wednesday. We came back with the required docs including hubby's parents marriage cert. When consul made the review she found a discrepancy on the date of marriage on hubby's birth cert vs. the marriage cert of his parents. To our surprise consul (in a loud speaker) immediately informed us that they cannot accept the petition and that we have to do it in the US all because of the discrepancy. In a mean voice she kept on saying WE ARE REJECTING THE PETITION. We were really shaken and shocked. Hubby felt like the US embassy shut its doors for him. We really can't accept it as we know the rights of a US citizen and the requirements of the petition which we have followed by heart.I have even told the consul that its my hubby who is doing the petition and should thereby base on my hubby's documents not of his parents. They made a judgement on the wrong basis as she was pointing out the discrepancy that doesn't even have bearing on hubby's US citizenship. Of course we didn't argue with them. We just kept quiet then left. With Divine intervention, just as we were about to get our things from the guard house the guard informed us to return inside as the consul wanted to speak with us. Whew, thank goodness she informed us that she referred the case to her supervisor and that they will be ACCEPTING hubby's petition. God is really Good! Oh well i didn't further ask and commented on the stress they gave us. Their acceptance is tantamount to their apologies. That's enough. They're forgiven.lol.

Lessons we learned.

1. Know your rights well. It will give you confidence to stand up what you believe in.

2. Ask the right questions. Hadn't we asked her to look at hubby's docs not his parents wouldn't leave the consul thinking if her decision was done fairly.

3. Pray. It's a very powerful.

4. Be thankful. When there are sudden turn of events to your side just forgive and forget. Move on from what happened.

5. Less is more. Together with our I-130 application were alot of stuff (pics, affidavits, receipts, bank docs. They returned us everything except for the forms and copies of our passports and marriage certs. But it also pays to be over prepared =)

Wish us luck!! and we wish you all the same!

Lon

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thanks Lon for sharing your experience at US Embassy Singapore. I'll remember the things you've learned from that experience. I'm hoping and praying things will be okey when our time comes to be interviewed. God bless you always. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.