thebighash

our DCF experience in Abu Dhabi, UAE

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just want to thank you for this great website & thank everyone for their useful threads & posts that helped us throughout our DCF filing process.. I'd like to share our experience with those who file in Abu Dhabi (UAE) and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

The process is a bit different over here, here's our summary:

Petitioner: My Wife (Lebanese/American)

Beneficiary: Myself (Lebanese)

Marriage since: March 25 2009

We both live & work in Dubai, UAE

- Mar 06 2010: We sent an email to the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi to schedule an appointment to submit our application & attend the interview.

- Mar 08 2010: US Embassy responded confirming the appointment on March 23 2010.

- Mar 23 2010: We went to the US Embassy and submitted all docs as per their website http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/media/file-i-130_for_a_spouse.pdf

during our interview the officer asked us when are we planning to move to the US, we mentioned December 2010 so she mentioned that she couldn't issue a Visa at that time due to CR-1 validity of 6 months only, and asked us to submit a Domicile Plan and mention the planned travel date.

- Mar 31 2010: We submitted our domicile plan (sent by DHL).

- Apr 5 2010: US Embassy responded confirming receipt and that our case is under review and they will contact us when required.

- Aug 18 2010: US Embassy called and asked me to submit my passport on Aug 22 2010 to stamp the Visa.

- Aug 22 2010: I submitted my passport and they asked me to collect it on Aug 26 2010.

- Aug 26 2010: I collected my passport with CR-1 Visa valid 6 months from date of issue.

If you have a strong case & have all the documents ready and sorted out as per the requirements, I believe the whole case can be closed within 1-2 months from A-Z! But of course our case took longer since our planned date of travel was beyond the 6 month Visa validity.

Hope this helps those of you who plan to do DCF in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Regards,

Haissam

Final Stretch to become a USC:

11-20-2013: Eligibility Date

08-21-2014: Application Sent

08-23-2014: Application Received

08-25-2014: Priority Date

08-28-2014: Check/Money Order Cashed

09-05-2014: Biometrics Letter Sent Date

09-16-2014: Biometrics Walk-in Date

09-25-2014: Biometrics Scheduled Date

09-19-2014: In-line for Interview

01-16-2015: Email/Text saying Interview was Scheduled

02-23-2015: Interview Date

03-03-2015: Email/Text saying In-line for Oath

06-12-2015: Oath Ceremony (Court)

I'm a USC!

THanks for sharing your experience with AD embassy Hissam, we have our IR1-CR1 (DCF) appointment @AD embassy in mid september.

We requested interview date on 27th May for mid september, US embassy replied on 30th May with an appointment.

We have been married since Oct 07 and living together in Dxb since July 08, I have all the documents ready given on AD embassy website, medical is also done...

Can you please tell how did you give proof of re-establishing domicile, i am including following:

Maintained bank account in US

MAintained credit card in US

Valid US drivers license

some proof that ive started to apply for job in US

Letter from co-sponsor that we will be living with him until we find suitable jobs/accomodation

might also add quotation of movers and some proof of research on how to cancel UAE resident visa

If you included anything else then please guide.

Did you take anything else mentioned on their website for example wedding pictures, travel tickets etc etc?? did they ask for anything else?

What questions did they ask you if you dont mind me asking.

we are planning to move in March 2011 so i guess our interview is at right time.

Thanks and Regards

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just want to thank you for this great website & thank everyone for their useful threads & posts that helped us throughout our DCF filing process.. I'd like to share our experience with those who file in Abu Dhabi (UAE) and would be happy to answer any questions you might have.

The process is a bit different over here, here's our summary:

Petitioner: My Wife (Lebanese/American)

Beneficiary: Myself (Lebanese)

Marriage since: March 25 2009

We both live & work in Dubai, UAE

- Mar 06 2010: We sent an email to the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi to schedule an appointment to submit our application & attend the interview.

- Mar 08 2010: US Embassy responded confirming the appointment on March 23 2010.

- Mar 23 2010: We went to the US Embassy and submitted all docs as per their website http://abudhabi.usembassy.gov/media/file-i-130_for_a_spouse.pdf

during our interview the officer asked us when are we planning to move to the US, we mentioned December 2010 so she mentioned that she couldn't issue a Visa at that time due to CR-1 validity of 6 months only, and asked us to submit a Domicile Plan and mention the planned travel date.

- Mar 31 2010: We submitted our domicile plan (sent by DHL).

- Apr 5 2010: US Embassy responded confirming receipt and that our case is under review and they will contact us when required.

- Aug 18 2010: US Embassy called and asked me to submit my passport on Aug 22 2010 to stamp the Visa.

- Aug 22 2010: I submitted my passport and they asked me to collect it on Aug 26 2010.

- Aug 26 2010: I collected my passport with CR-1 Visa valid 6 months from date of issue.

If you have a strong case & have all the documents ready and sorted out as per the requirements, I believe the whole case can be closed within 1-2 months from A-Z! But of course our case took longer since our planned date of travel was beyond the 6 month Visa validity.

Hope this helps those of you who plan to do DCF in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.

Regards,

Haissam

So now what happens with the embassy issuing your Visa... was it approved already... can you explain what will take place since you won't be traveling to the USA until December 2010...

Spiderpig

Timeline

THanks for sharing your experience with AD embassy Hissam, we have our IR1-CR1 (DCF) appointment @AD embassy in mid september.

We requested interview date on 27th May for mid september, US embassy replied on 30th May with an appointment.

We have been married since Oct 07 and living together in Dxb since July 08, I have all the documents ready given on AD embassy website, medical is also done...

Can you please tell how did you give proof of re-establishing domicile, i am including following:

Maintained bank account in US

MAintained credit card in US

Valid US drivers license

some proof that ive started to apply for job in US

Letter from co-sponsor that we will be living with him until we find suitable jobs/accomodation

might also add quotation of movers and some proof of research on how to cancel UAE resident visa

If you included anything else then please guide.

Did you take anything else mentioned on their website for example wedding pictures, travel tickets etc etc?? did they ask for anything else?

What questions did they ask you if you dont mind me asking.

we are planning to move in March 2011 so i guess our interview is at right time.

Thanks and Regards

good luck!

you're on the right track :) don't worry they're very nice & friendly at the embassy.

regarding domicile, the bank & credit cards & license & looking for work etc are all good.. my wife has a house there & paying its mortgage so that was good for us.. we also wrote about our academic background and work experience to assure them that we are capable of securing jobs over there, and also mentioned that my wife will get her masters degree by december which makes it the right time for us to move..

there were no tricky questions, they just put me under oath and asked me my name and date of birth, and who's the girl next to me (my wife obviously), and when we got married, and why we wanna move to the US, and when we plan to move, and what's our domicile plan..

good luck again let me know if you need any help!

So now what happens with the embassy issuing your Visa... was it approved already... can you explain what will take place since you won't be traveling to the USA until December 2010...

Spiderpig

Hi Spiderpig, now I have a CR-1 Visa on my passport and it's valid for 6 months, so I have to fly there before the Visa expiry date and they will send me the Green Card..

I'm a USC!

good luck!

you're on the right track :) don't worry they're very nice & friendly at the embassy.

regarding domicile, the bank & credit cards & license & looking for work etc are all good.. my wife has a house there & paying its mortgage so that was good for us.. we also wrote about our academic background and work experience to assure them that we are capable of securing jobs over there, and also mentioned that my wife will get her masters degree by december which makes it the right time for us to move..

there were no tricky questions, they just put me under oath and asked me my name and date of birth, and who's the girl next to me (my wife obviously), and when we got married, and why we wanna move to the US, and when we plan to move, and what's our domicile plan..

good luck again let me know if you need any help!

Yeah i have heard that they are very lenient at AD embassy, i have gathered almost all the documents, now i just have to compile them with cover letter in separate folders for I-130, I-864 and so on....

Did you write academic background and work experience on separate piece of paper or is it the same detail on the forms you are talking about?

Thanks again for your help

Timeline

Yeah i have heard that they are very lenient at AD embassy, i have gathered almost all the documents, now i just have to compile them with cover letter in separate folders for I-130, I-864 and so on....

Did you write academic background and work experience on separate piece of paper or is it the same detail on the forms you are talking about?

Thanks again for your help

we had to submit a domicile plan after our interview as per their request.. It was in a letter format with a few attachments such as bank statements, mortgage, credit card, proof of enrollment in masters classes etc..

good luck :)

where are you guys from if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a USC!

we had to submit a domicile plan after our interview as per their request.. It was in a letter format with a few attachments such as bank statements, mortgage, credit card, proof of enrollment in masters classes etc..

my wife (petitioner) is from (USA/Pakistan)

I am from Pakistan

Wife graduated and worked in US, i graduated and worked in the UK... so i hope this will help to satisfy them that we are capable to acquire job.

Timeline

my wife (petitioner) is from (USA/Pakistan)

I am from Pakistan

Wife graduated and worked in US, i graduated and worked in the UK... so i hope this will help to satisfy them that we are capable to acquire job.

you'll be good man don't worry ;)

just make sure your paperwork is done properly especially the I-130 and I-864, and have all the photocopies they ask for etc :)

let me know how it goes with you guys!

I'm a USC!

you'll be good man don't worry ;)

just make sure your paperwork is done properly especially the I-130 and I-864, and have all the photocopies they ask for etc :)

let me know how it goes with you guys!

Yup, i am trying best to enclose all the supporting documents etc

I hope it goes fine, will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

We are from Turkey (or should I say He is)... you know anything about that consulate that would be helpful or just plain info? Anything would be helpful and COngrats!

Timeline

We are from Turkey (or should I say He is)... you know anything about that consulate that would be helpful or just plain info? Anything would be helpful and COngrats!

Sorry I didn't get your question, are you asking about the consulate in Turkey? If so I really have no idea, try a search you might get similar threads for those who filed there :)

good luck!

I'm a USC!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess UAE embassy changed the DCF procedure or something...

We were called to one window where i submitted our I-130 petition, while this guy was checking I-130 documents he asked me to pay the fee which was around $350..cant remember exactly

After like 20 minutes we were called @ visa officer's window who only took a minute to look at our I-130 and then asked when are we planning to move to US... i said around March 2011, she goes ok our embassy will call in 10 to 15 days to arrange an appointment so bring all other documents like I-864, police certificate medical and all other supporting documents ... and thats about it really !

I have been given a green sheet which says: Embassy will contact after administrative check

It's been more than a month i am still waiting.....any idea ??? Their website doesn't show record when i put in the reference number.

Timeline

I guess UAE embassy changed the DCF procedure or something...

We were called to one window where i submitted our I-130 petition, while this guy was checking I-130 documents he asked me to pay the fee which was around $350..cant remember exactly

After like 20 minutes we were called @ visa officer's window who only took a minute to look at our I-130 and then asked when are we planning to move to US... i said around March 2011, she goes ok our embassy will call in 10 to 15 days to arrange an appointment so bring all other documents like I-864, police certificate medical and all other supporting documents ... and thats about it really !

I have been given a green sheet which says: Embassy will contact after administrative check

It's been more than a month i am still waiting.....any idea ??? Their website doesn't show record when i put in the reference number.

Yes that's a bit different..

Wonder if they really changed the procedures or if it was a special case for you?

The website used to show the progress of the ref number, but let me tell you I got my Visa stamped 4 months ago but still the website says our case is under administrative review or something like that.. I'm not sure if it's updated regularly :S

I'm a USC!

It's weird that initially i was asked to pay like Dhs 3,700 but then the guy called me back and goes sorry there is mistake just pay Dhs 1800/- so i guess they have taken fee for petition only.

I guess the embassy was short of staff as my appointment was just before Eid holiday, even visa officer said that we will contact you after Eid holidays in 10 to 15 days

Tried calling IV dept yesterday but they never answered so i have e-mailed them to check the status... lets see..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.