8 posts in this topic

hi everyone.. i just want to share my experience on my medical.. my interview was set JUNE 1 2010. so i had my medical MAY 13 2010. i waS aware of the SPUTUM TEST the medical required when they found something in the xray, so the suck part was they found infiltration in my xray so i have to undergo the sputum test. i have no signs and symptoms of tb. im in good health,BUT STILL i underwent the sputum test for 3 days. and the result was NEGATIVE. and the worse part was that i have to wait for two months for the result of culture( the activity and growth of bacteria). my husband is working in the military rightnow. so my question is that is there anyone in this forum can give me advise what my husband should do so i will not have to wait for 2 months since my smears result was NEGATIVE?can he use some of the benefits of being in a military?please help me. thanks

USCIS JOURNEY[

11/10/2009 NOA2 was approved good things happen to those who can wait :)

NVC JOURNEY :)

12/13/2009 package received from the NVC

01/29/2010 AOS paid

01/29/2010 IV bill paid

02/15/2010 RFE DS2310

04/02/2010 SIGN IN FAILED!!! there's a light at every end of the tunnel

HOPING EVERYTHING WILL TURNED OUT WELL.. AUGUST INTERVIEW!

I'm very sorry to hear yobmica :( We had a scare that my wife may have to undergo all of that and were lucky that her x-ray was ok. Sadly, there's nothing that anyone can do to help speed things up :( You are completely at the mercy of St. Lukes. It's terrible that you have to just sit and wait, but as the same time, If you do indeed have TB then it's a great thing to get it taken care of right now. The most important thing is for you to be healthy and it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as you're ok :thumbs: You'll have the rest of your life with your hubby, just make sure you're well now :)

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

As K-n-M said...SLMC has complete authority over the medical and any testing they require.

We had an xray and sputum test (by our doctor) done 2 months prior for peace of mind.

When we went to SLMC...they indicated they "thought" they saw something on xray so required sputum and culture test.

We told them we could show other xray (clear) and sputum results (negative)...they indicated they are not interested.

Asked to see their xray and they say.....sorry you can not see.

SLMC sputum test is negative (duh) as is culture....

Find out when results will be final and then call embassy to reschedule interview.

(yeah I know....they say they will call...but wouldn't you rather KNOW they've been called?)

Look to the VJ Philippines Discussion Boards for additional info on sputum/culture testing.

We will pray it goes well for you and your serviceman.

Please thank him for his service to our country!

As K-n-M said...SLMC has complete authority over the medical and any testing they require.

We had an xray and sputum test (by our doctor) done 2 months prior for peace of mind.

When we went to SLMC...they indicated they "thought" they saw something on xray so required sputum and culture test.

We told them we could show other xray (clear) and sputum results (negative)...they indicated they are not interested.

Asked to see their xray and they say.....sorry you can not see.

SLMC sputum test is negative (duh) as is culture....

Find out when results will be final and then call embassy to reschedule interview.

(yeah I know....they say they will call...but wouldn't you rather KNOW they've been called?)

Look to the VJ Philippines Discussion Boards for additional info on sputum/culture testing.

We will pray it goes well for you and your serviceman.

Please thank him for his service to our country!

my husband said thank you!and GOD BLESS AMERICA.lol anyways that is unfair.. my husband serves the america and what my husband only wanted is to be with his wife.. so whenever he get home tired serving the america his wife is there to take care of him. provide everything he needed.. that so unfair and sad.. i hope they will give considerations because my husband is in military. anyway can i get the link of VJ Philippines Discussion Boards. thanks..

USCIS JOURNEY[

01/29/2010 AOS paid

01/29/2010 IV bill paid

02/15/2010 RFE DS2310

my husband said thank you!and GOD BLESS AMERICA.lol anyways that is unfair.. my husband serves the america and what my husband only wanted is to be with his wife.. so whenever he get home tired serving the america his wife is there to take care of him. provide everything he needed.. that so unfair and sad.. i hope they will give considerations because my husband is in military. anyway can i get the link of VJ Philippines Discussion Boards. thanks..

It's just near the bottom of the main forums page here on VJ yobmica in the regional forums section. Good luck and try to be patient :)

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

I know it may seem unfair.

I do believe they are actually trying to protect those living in the USA also.

The purpose of the sputum & culture tests is to confirm if someone may have TB....a highly communicable disease....so it can be treated before one comes to the USA.

It is to protect those currently living in the USA, and all those coming to the USA, from a potential outbreak of disease in the USA.

It is not meant to prevent anyone from coming to the USA...only an effort to be sure when they will come...that they are disease free.

It is the same we all have the potential to undergo with our spouses...especially in countries with a high incidence of contageous diseases.

It is protection for those looking to come to the USA as well as those of us living here.

My wife and I also are forced to wait the additional 2 months. Keep faith...it will pass quickly!

Here is the link: Philippines Regional Discussion

Edited by garysworld

I know it may seem unfair.

I do believe they are actually trying to protect those living in the USA also.

The purpose of the sputum & culture tests is to confirm if someone may have TB....a highly communicable disease....so it can be treated before one comes to the USA.

It is to protect those currently living in the USA, and all those coming to the USA, from a potential outbreak of disease in the USA.

It is not meant to prevent anyone from coming to the USA...only an effort to be sure when they will come...that they are disease free.

It is the same we all have the potential to undergo with our spouses...especially in countries with a high incidence of contageous diseases.

It is protection for those looking to come to the USA as well as those of us living here.

My wife and I also are forced to wait the additional 2 months. Keep faith...it will pass quickly!

Here is the link: Philippines Regional Discussion

[/quote

well nothing to do but to wait.. patience is a virtue.lol thanks for the help.

USCIS JOURNEY[

01/29/2010 AOS paid

01/29/2010 IV bill paid

02/15/2010 RFE DS2310

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.