Wishing

Does Montreal Consulate require I-864 or JUST I-134?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello All,

Was just searching through the forums and just want to confirm for the Montreal consulate...we only need to provide the I-134 for the interview, correct? The I-864 comes into play for the AOS?

(All for K1)

Thanks!

Edited by Wishing

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's right! Only the I-134 for Montreal, and then the I-864 for AOS.

You weren't the one who PM'd me about this were you? Someone PM'd me about this a few weeks back, but I can't remember who it was!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope not me, I only just thought of this quandry now I as I was trying to figure out affadavit stuff... Thanks so much!

08/31/2010 POE09/25/2010 Civil WeddingAOS Timeline10/11/2010 AOS Package Sent10/20/2010 NOA's for AOS/EAD/AP11/12/2010 Biometrics Appointment1/4/2011 Received EAD and AP documents!1/11/2011 AOS Interview - APPROVED!!1/15/2011 - Received Approval notice for I-485, Green card on its way!!1/21/2011 - Received Green Card!!Removal of Conditions11/1/2012-Sent Application to California Service Center ..... N-40007/29/2016 - Received date at Phoenix lockbox 8/01/2016 - N-400 NOA<p>xx/xx/xxxx - BiometricsOnto the next step!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

The I-134 is the only document Montreal wants with its supporting evidence, of course. They only took my list of bank deposits and my letter from my employer as evidence. They didn't want my tax transcripts (although I have them ready for the I-864 that I will fill out for AOS when the time comes).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

for my interview they took, the job letter, last 3 years of tax transcripts, most recent copy of tax return with w2, and the i-134, then again, all my stuff was organized with paperclips so she did not really sift through it.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.