beantown79

Packet 3

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All, so I called the NVC to see if they had sent my visa approval to MTL as they received on March 9th at the NVC and they gave me my case # that begins with MTL. I am a little confused. I called monday and the lady at NVC said they uploaded my approval notice to the MTL Consualte but it has not been accepted by them yet as she couldn't get into the file?? what does that mean?? I thought that once the NVC approved your petion they couried via DHL to the consulate, I justwant to know if it has left and arrived at MTL yet? Can anyone help me out on this. Also anyone know how long MTL is taking with interview dates, I heard 3 months, from the date they accept your packet 3 back, 1 month, just

Thanks

Aug 23 2010 - mailed via USPS overnight courier to USCIS

Aug 24 2010 - received a USCIS at 11.40am signed for by Chyba

Sept 1 2010 - received email and text confirmation for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 7 2010 - received hard copy of NOA1 for AOS,EAD,AP

Sept 10 2010 - received biometrics apt letter for Oct 1, attempting walkin Sept 17

Sept 17 2010 - successful walk-in biometrics apt

Sept 20 - EAD and AOS touched

Sept 27 - received email and text at 7:30pm that my AOS was transfered to CSC (yeah no interview)

Sept 29 - case touched, arrived at CSC received email and text from USCIS

Oct 4 - AOS touched

Oct 6 - AOS touched

Oct 7 - AOS touched again!!!!

Oct 14 - AOS touched again!!!

Oct 15 - AOS touched again

Oct 19 - AP approved (no email or text notification of approval)

Oct 21 - EAD approved received text and email of card production ordered.

Oct 25 - Received Hardcopy of AP in the mail

Oct 29 - Received another text that EAD card was mailed (post decision activity)

Nov 1 - Received EAD card in the mail

Nov 9 - RFE for vaccination record transcribed over to I693 form

Nov 13 - Found Dr. who would complete just the vaccination part of the form yeaaaah!!!

Nov 17 - USCIS received my RFE response papers in California

Dec 3 - Received email and text confirmation that my case was updated from RFE to RFE review response

Dec 9 - Green Card approved, never received any email or text and my USCIS case still shows in RFE Response review

Dec 14 - Received my approval notice and welcome to America letter advising it was approved Dec 9th

Dec 17 - Green card received, finally done with USCIS for 2 years

Once VSC approves your petition, your case is forwarded to NVC. They receive it, log it, give it a new case number according to where your petition will be forwarded to (in your case, MTLxxxxxxxxxx). They then send the petition to your embassy, Montreal. I recall that it took a week between NVC receiving my case and Montreal receiving it. It then can take anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks before Montreal actually logs it into their system.

Not really sure what "not able to get into the file" means. She would be able to tell you if they have sent along the packet to Montreal or not. Perhaps try calling again.

I'm not quite sure what the timeline is like currently for K1s at Montreal... but if you pop into the K1 Montreal thread here in the Canada forum, you should get a pretty good idea as to how long the current folks have been waiting.

Edited by Sam and Ben

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Also, once you've confirmed that NVC has sent your packet to Montreal, you can track it there using DHL Tracking Online.

In the box next to Reference, input "EXPXXMAR2010A" without quotations, exchanging the XX with the date the NVC said they sent out your packet (be sure to ask them what date they mailed it out). Be sure to give a date range below of a couple of days. Then, by using that date, you will see all packets mailed out from NVC on that given date. Look for any sent to Montreal, as yours will be among them.

Edited by Sam and Ben

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Hi All, so I called the NVC to see if they had sent my visa approval to MTL as they received on March 9th at the NVC and they gave me my case # that begins with MTL. I am a little confused. I called monday and the lady at NVC said they uploaded my approval notice to the MTL Consualte but it has not been accepted by them yet as she couldn't get into the file?? what does that mean?? I thought that once the NVC approved your petion they couried via DHL to the consulate, I justwant to know if it has left and arrived at MTL yet? Can anyone help me out on this. Also anyone know how long MTL is taking with interview dates, I heard 3 months, from the date they accept your packet 3 back, 1 month, just

Thanks

Like Sam and Ben said above, there is a bit of a delay between when the packet arrives at Montreal and when they actually enter it into the system as "received", not sure what it entails, filing it, entering it into the database, or just stamping it and throwing it into Joe clerks inbox.

As far as interview dates, Ive been scouring the forums for more information too, Its been over 6 weeks for me since the P3 went back and not a peep, so I had my fiancee call DoS, "everything looks fine with it, its just waiting to be assigned an interview date", so Im really not sure when I will be getting an interview at this point, Im crossing my fingers for May latest, but who knows...

Really unsure why it takes that long to schedule a date if everything is fine, seems straight forward to me, open calenders for the interview officers, find the one with the next open available date, assign case to date, email officer, and petitioner with copy paste replies, send out formletter snailmail. Rinse repeat ad-infinitum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My file took 3 days to get to montreal from nvc..but then took a Month for montreal to actually put in the system that they received it. then i had to wait again for my p3 to be sent out.

What you can do is look at the montreal consulate info, and it will tell you what is in P3. the list is updated and most of the forms can be filled out ahead of time. I think there are even updated examples that Danu posted as well which are the same as the ones i got in January.

HWDWm6.png

once it gets to MTL, you get the packet soon-ish, send the packet back and then you play the waiting game... I had to wait 5 months, I think.. (it's in my signature)

some couples have had to wait much more than that......

you basically pull out a bottle of wine and get on the phone to talk to your loved one every night :)

Edited by Lizelle_n_Oliver
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Timeline

once it gets to MTL, you get the packet soon-ish, send the packet back and then you play the waiting game... I had to wait 5 months, I think.. (it's in my signature)

some couples have had to wait much more than that......

you basically pull out a bottle of wine and get on the phone to talk to your loved one every night :)

5 months... geezus. that's a lot of bottles of wine! :lol:

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It took 21 days from Montreal receiving my fiance's packet from NVC to him receiving his packet 3 via Canada Post. We had all the forms ready and had it mailed back the next mailing day after he received it. Took from Tuesday to Friday for it to be deposited into the mailbox in Montreal (thanks to tracking on the Expresspost Regional Mailer that we used). Then it took 10 days for them to put in the computer but the DOS didn't "see it" in the computer for another week. Now the waiting for the interview date continues.

Timeline

It took 21 days from Montreal receiving my fiance's packet from NVC to him receiving his packet 3 via Canada Post. We had all the forms ready and had it mailed back the next mailing day after he received it. Took from Tuesday to Friday for it to be deposited into the mailbox in Montreal (thanks to tracking on the Expresspost Regional Mailer that we used). Then it took 10 days for them to put in the computer but the DOS didn't "see it" in the computer for another week. Now the waiting for the interview date continues.

That's good to know... I'll try not to stress too much over it.

I'll add that when they say it is sent, it means it is sent to the mailroom.

I was told Packet 3 was sent on March 1st but the post stamp shows it was actually sent on the 5th.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's good to know... I'll try not to stress too much over it.

I'll add that when they say it is sent, it means it is sent to the mailroom.

I was told Packet 3 was sent on March 1st but the post stamp shows it was actually sent on the 5th.

I will have to ask my fiance' about the envelope his packet 3 information came in. I didn't even think to ask, but I think packet 3 sat in the mailroom for awhile too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yes montreal says it gets sent out one day but the postmark is different on the envelope. on my p3 and p4 it was at least a few days different from when they said it was sent out. to me sent out means sent to there mailroom not actually given to canada post.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.