Marronarica

St Lukes MED EXAM - DONE IN ENOUGH TIME BEFORE USEM INTERVIEW?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI.

my fiancee and I have a nuisance passport problem (DFA promised to expedite the new passport weeks ago, but now? the INTERVIEW is already scheduled for NOV12th, 09 and we have been put off as to the pick-up date, again and again.

will you please share with us how many days are (REALLY) required to complete the MED, prior to the USEM interview, so that there is time to have the results forwarded to the embassy?

we originally thought we had planned smartly, by doing the med in PLENTY of time, prior... but now?

we would be cutting it VERY close, by trying to do the MED on the alternative date of Monday the 9th, with the INTERVIEW already scheduled on THURSDAY the 12th :(

any real-life words of wisdom, please? is this tight "Monday+Tuesday MED with USEM interview on THURSDAY" window at all realistic?

thanks, in advance,

Ron & Mari

St Lukes doesnt seem to answer the phone -- always busy! :([/color]

am i dialing the correct ST LUKES phone number, from the U.S.? 011 632 521 0020

Edited by Marronarica

The medical examination at SLMCEC is required to have been accomplished within one week at least before the set interview. Please click on that link I underscored. This stipulates the requirements of the US Embassy Manila, from getting approved, scheduling appointments, obtaining medical clearance from SLMCEC to the interview.

From experience I have read with other couples on here, yes it is too tight doing the medical examination on the 9th and interviewing on the 12th of November. The medical examination takes 2 days at least to finish before the paperwork has to be sent off to the consulate before the interview.

Edited by BrianandMerne

Life is beautiful!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
HI.

my fiancee and I have a nuisance passport problem (DFA promised to expedite the new passport weeks ago, but now? the INTERVIEW is already scheduled for NOV12th, 09 and we have been put off as to the pick-up date, again and again.

will you please share with us how many days are (REALLY) required to complete the MED, prior to the USEM interview, so that there is time to have the results forwarded to the embassy?

we originally thought we had planned smartly, by doing the med in PLENTY of time, prior... but now?

we would be cutting it VERY close, by trying to do the MED on the alternative date of Monday the 9th, with the INTERVIEW already scheduled on THURSDAY the 12th :(

any real-life words of wisdom, please? is this tight "Monday+Tuesday MED with USEM interview on THURSDAY" window at all realistic?

thanks, in advance,

Ron & Mari

PLEASE!! DON'T BOLD UR message coz we can't read that. U can simple type ur concern, don't bold the letter's

thank u..

St. luke medical it will take 2 days - after 2 days they will sent that to USEM.

Once the ST. LUKE knows when is ur INTERVIEW they will sent that ASAP to USEM

and of course if ur fiancee don't have a problem with her health.. she can get a 2 days only

good luck

SHIELA

Timeline for my Mother

April 19, 2013 - submit the form I-130

April 22, 2013 - Receive the NOA1

July 29, 2013 - Approved NOA2 ( 82 working days)

July 30, 2013 - USCIS shipped my documents to NVC

Aug 5, 2013 - Arrived at NVC Building

Aug 13, 2013 - Got the NVC case # via PHONE

Aug 14, 2013 - Got the Invoice # via PHONE

Aug 15, 2013 - Send my DS-3032 via Email

Aug 16, 2013 - AOS Pay

Aug 17, 2013 - Got an email to print the COVER SHEET

Aug 21, 2013 - send the AOS overnight at NVC

Aug 28, 2013 - Accept the DS-3032

Aug 30, 2013 - IV BILL pay and Documents Sent to NVC receive the checklist AOS.

September 19, 2013 Sent back the checklist

September 20, 2013 Sept 26, arrived @ NVC

Sept 30,2013 - already encode to their system

ADVANCE MEDICAL @ St. Luke - SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

CASE COMPLETE AS OF TODAY : OCTOBER 23,2013

NOVEMBER 1 , 2013 -Documents left at NVC - Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center

NOVEMBER 4, 2013 Delivered - Signed for by : CEZAR NARTEA

NOVEMBER 5, 2013 - CEAC Case Creation Date: 13-Aug-2013 Status Updated Date: 05-Nov-2013 Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have received interview scheduling instructions.

DECEMBER 09, 2013 INTERVIEW DATE FOR MY MOTHER ( scheduled by NVC)

RESCHEDULED ONLINE for my mother interview early, NOVEMBER 18, 2013 - PASSED THE INTERVIEW!!!

11-18-2013 ceac -AP

11-20-2013 ceac - READY

11-21-2013 ceac - ISSUED

11-25-2013 -2go -- transit

11-26-2013 - VISA ON HAND

12-05-2013 - scheduled fly to USA.

HI.

thanks, in advance,

Ron & Mari

Hi there,

Yes, for me, medical on the 9th and interview on the 12th is a bit tight . However, One member here had her medical before and the interview in a very close dates-read this.

My interview will be on the 19th of November but I already had an advance medical to give allowance for any possibilities ( like test or x-ray, etc). I had my medical last Tuesday and Wednesday ( Oct.27-28).

God is good and everything went out just fine with God's help.

HI.

thanks, in advance,

Ron & Mari

MEDICAL would usually take 2 days. :) but it really depends on you're results. if theres no problem it would take 2 days,but if not it could take more.. like for my case my son had problems so it took us 4x to come back. but we pass the medical so its no problem now,its a good thing we had an early medical,now we only have to worry about the interview which will be on nov23. :)

happier than ever

I had the medical at St Luke's a week before the interview. That would give St Luke's enough time to forward the results to the US embassy.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Real life experience here you go:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=183224

I started my medical on a Wednesday and finished it on a Friday. Say it was March 6th if I'm not mistaken. My interview was not until March 27th but luckily for me I got a reschedule slot for a March 10th so I was able to make it for that day. You just have to inform St. Luke's that you need to handcarry the passport with the medical clearance because your interview is just a few days from the medical.

IF YOU GET REALLY LUCKY - that your fiancee's medical is clean - I'd say you can make it. If not, call the US Embassy if you suspect a delay and just reschedule. They will allow a certain number of days to cancel and reschedule anyway. Good luck!

Reminders: Get to the clinic as early as you can. Waiting can be hours (seriously) for a 5min procedure and interview and screening. And don't be shy to ask and be informed! That has a lot of people getting lost in the process because they do not ask! Tell your fiancee to be gutsy and not be shy.

Edited by HappyDancer

ppe47ozqawgdn.png

HappyDancer is a proud wife to a country boy in KY.

I-130 for Parents (Mom and Dad)

3.15.2014: Mailed I-130 Packet for Mom and Dad

3.21.2014: Received email notification with case # for both petitions; case forwarded to NBC for processing

3.21.2014: Check cashed

3.22.2014: Hard copy NOA1 received

4.08.2014: Both I-130 approved (notification received via email) - It only took three weeks!!!

4.11.2014: Received NOA2 approval notice in the mail.

5.01.2014: Called NVC to ask for status of paperwork. Advised they received both application on 4.28. Advised to call in 30 business days for an update.

6.02.2014: Email notification received from NVC that shows parents' NVC case number and instructions to pay AOS Fee and fill out DS 261.

6.03.2014: Paid AOS fee ($88 for both petitions)

N400:
4.26.2013: Mailed N400 Packet

5.21.2013: Biometrics

7.18.2013: Testing and Interview

9.25.2013: Oath Ceremony

Medical at St. Lukes:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/183224-experience-medical-at-st-lukes-extension-clinic/

K1 with K2 Visa Interview:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/184246-usem-interview-on-march-10-at-7am-approved/page__p__2728465#entry2728465

CFO:Review, tips and advise:
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/186123-cforeview-tips-and-advise/

"Get to the clinic as early as you can."

Actually there's a lot less waiting time if you go after 12 noon.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same interview date, Nov 12. USEM is closed on Nov 11th (fact) so the sugestion to request documents to hand-carry from St Luke's to USEM makes good sense (somewhat informed). We decided to go for medical on 5th and 6th, instead of 9th and 10th because of the closure, just in case the 2 day medical turns into more and to allow for a margin for document delivery (pure speculation). Best Wishes.

July 26 '09 I-129F Petition Sent

Oct 6 '09 Petition Approved

November 6 '09 Medical Complete

November 12 '09 Interview Complete

November 19 '09 Visa Delivered

November 25 '09 POE

February 6 '10 Married

September 30 '10 AOS App sent - crazy overloaded!

December 13 '10 AP Email notice

December 17 '10 EAD Hardcopy received. Yeah!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my interview was set for April 7,09..and had my medical april 1 and i was told to be back april 3..

after the interview, i didnt receive white slip thinking that the US embassy might not have my results yet but i was happy to know that i was given pink slip

How late is the SLEC open, and what time will Pinay get done, if she goes at 12 noon during the lunch hour?

Average I've seen is from 3 to 4 hours.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

How late is the SLEC open, and what time will Pinay get done, if she goes at 12 noon during the lunch hour?

Average I've seen is from 3 to 4 hours.

My girl is so fixxed on lining up at 4am 'cause that is what everyone else is doing. What can I do to convince her that it is ok to line up at noon? Have many VJ'rs done this? I dont hear people talking about it here.\

Also, her friend told her that she has to fast for SLEC exam. I told her that is not true, but she is believes she must fast.

Edited by itzallgood

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

"Also, her friend told her that she has to fast for SLEC exam. I told her that is not true, but she is believes she must fast."

Yeah LOTS of BS goes on between pinay "friends" in PI.

I've seen quite a few post about going later to SLEC. Not sure it was here on VJ or The world of filipinas forum.

I'd do a new post about going in the afternoon if I were you.

!! ALL PAU!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.