MayaLar

Police Certificate

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello Everyone!

I was just wondering if I still need to request for a police certificate from Japanese Embassy since I have worked year 2000 and 2004 in Japan (a total of 11months length of stay 6mos in year 2000 and 5months in 2004)? (F)

Thank you in advance!

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

01/16/10 - POE Seattle Tacoma airport, WA

02/03/10 - Received SSN

03/09/10 - 2nd year Anniversary

04/12/10 - AOS, EAD, AP Application Submitted

04/14/10 - USCIS received package(AOS application)

04/22/10 - got email notification receipt number

04/24/10 - Received hard copy I-797 notice of action (AOS, EAD, AP)

04/30/10 - Biometrics notice thru mail

05/11/10 - Biometrics Appointment

Hello Everyone!

I was just wondering if I still need to request for a police certificate from Japanese Embassy since I have worked year 2000 and 2004 in Japan (a total of 11months length of stay 6mos in year 2000 and 5months in 2004)? (F)

Thank you in advance!

i used to work in Japan also in year 2000, 2001, 2003 and 2004 (all lenght of stay were six months) but we chose not to include those said addresses on my forms coz getting a police clearance is a pretty much hassle for me specially i live in the province. if you put your work address in japan then YES! you are required to get one.

good luck!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

Yes we did included it in the form.....thank you for your reply..... :) :)

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

02/03/10 - Received SSN

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yes we did included it in the form.....thank you for your reply..... :) :)

it is a requirement so yes, you need to get police clearance from japan. not getting one might be a reason for your visa application to be declined. there's no harm in completing your requirements and not risking not to get what you want, right? it took me more than 4 months to complete my bahrain police clearance but on my interview i was confident my documents were in order that's why i never thought of not getting the applied visa. it would add to your confidence.

goodluck and God bless!

Timeline

Really it took you 4months???!!!!Oh my god so I should start requesting for it from Japan Embassy while we are waiting for results.......Good thing I have posted it here...... (F)

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

02/03/10 - Received SSN

Timeline
Really it took you 4months???!!!!Oh my god so I should start requesting for it from Japan Embassy while we are waiting for results.......Good thing I have posted it here...... (F)

dont panic. bahrain good conduct certificate (police clearance) is another story. bahrain has no embassy nor any consulate office here in PI, unlike japan. im sure yours will be a lot easier. but then, i hope you'd start getting one soon. time is of great essence.

kaya mo yan, girl. :)

Timeline

I was just wondering....I read from this site that the packet 4 is already online. It means that I shouldn't wait for it to be delivered to me.

If this is true, how could I apply for Hong Kong police clearance when the letter they require which should come from NVC won't be delivered to me anymore?

Please refer here:

BASED FROM THE REQUIREMENT I COPIED BELOW, I NEED THE LETTER FROM NVC TO BE ABLE TO APPLY FOR HONG KONG POLICE CLEARANCE. I AM NOW SUPPOSED TO CALL THE USEMBASSY TO SCHEDULE MY INTERVIEW DATE SINCE I RECEIVED THE LETTER FROM THEM.

I haven't received any pocket yet which I think contains the letter. If my pocket arrives really late, then this will delay my application for Hong Kong Police clearance...

IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO HAS SURPASSED THE BURDENSOME HONG KONG POLICE CLEARANCE PROCESS?^^

Help please"-"

JOY

Individuals residing outside Hong Kong

Applications should be made in writing to:

The Commission of Police (Attn: EO CNCC)

14/F, Arsenal House

Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street

Wan Chai, Hong Kong

An applicant residing outside Hong Kong must submit the following items. Please note that documents issued in languages other than Chinese or English, must be accompanied by an official transcript, in Chinese or English, endorsed either by the issuing authority or a certified translation services body.

1. A photocopy of his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;

2. A photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);[/b][/b]

3. A photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant's name;

4. a full set of the applicant's fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized and official police or law enforcement agency where the applicant currently resides. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state: (i) the full name and rank of the person taking the prints, (ii) the full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop; and (iii) the date and place the prints were taken. Prints that do not clearly show certification will be refused. Fingerprints taken by the applicant him/herself, a legal representative or private/commercial agency are also unacceptable.

5. a bank draft in the amount of HK$180 per person, made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region." The draft must be payable in Hong Kong. A personal cheque in Hong Kong dollars, which is issued and authorized by any licensed banks in Hong Kong, is also acceptable.

http://hubtvonline.blogspot.com/search/lab...;max-results=20

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Harlingen TX

Date Filed : 2009-12-10

NOA Date : 2009-12-22

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2010-01-07

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : April 27, 2010

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : April 27, 2010

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: May 28, 2010

Hello,

I had my Japan Police Clearance for just a month. Look at mt signature, you will see how long i applied for it. And oh, be honest in filling up the forms. If you stayed for 6 months in other countries, please include it for they will know.

PS

If you wanna know how applied, just pm me.

Hello Everyone!

Thank you in advance!

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Hi there! I've been in Japan. I've done the Police clearance bfore. You need to have your NOA2 first and your Manila case number for you to get a police clearance from Japan embassy. If you get all of that documents go to the USEM and show to the guard your NOA2 and ID and tell that you will get a letter inside the embassy to get a police clearance from Japan Embassy. WHen you get inside then GO TO WINDOW X and tell to the lady that you want a letter from them for you to get a police clearance from Japan Embassy since thats one of the requirement for you to get that POLICE certificate. When you have that letter go to Jpan EMbassy and they will give you a form and bring it to the Camp Crame and you need to have a finger print there. Dont pay them much..Maybe just pay 200 to 300 i guess since i just paid 200 bfore..Police clearance from japan embassy actually no payment its the finger print only from Camp Crame..Filipino style you know..Money money!.. then you have to wait just 1-1/2 for sure even they just say 2 to 3 months.. It will come as soon as possible anyways.

Hope this help your problem alot...GoodLuck and God BLess...

Make sure you apply this police clearance in Manila. It will take 1-1/2 months in Manila and 2-3 months in the Provinces.

Hi there! I've been in Japan. I've done the Police clearance bfore. You need to have your NOA2 first and your Manila case number for you to get a police clearance from Japan embassy. If you get all of that documents go to the USEM and show to the guard your NOA2 and ID and tell that you will get a letter inside the embassy to get a police clearance from Japan Embassy. WHen you get inside then GO TO WINDOW X and tell to the lady that you want a letter from them for you to get a police clearance from Japan Embassy since thats one of the requirement for you to get that POLICE certificate. When you have that letter go to Jpan EMbassy and they will give you a form and bring it to the Camp Crame and you need to have a finger print there. Dont pay them much..Maybe just pay 200 to 300 i guess since i just paid 200 bfore..Police clearance from japan embassy actually no payment its the finger print only from Camp Crame..Filipino style you know..Money money!.. then you have to wait just 1-1/2 for sure even they just say 2 to 3 months.. It will come as soon as possible anyways.

Hope this help your problem alot...GoodLuck and God BLess...

Visit My Website

Timeline

Thank you mikelucyforever, rizamike, happyndinlove, journeyingwithyou and littlebooger your replies are greatly appreciated...... :) :) :)

01/05/10 - Visa on Hand

02/03/10 - Received SSN

Good morning. I am going to jump on this thread. Please bear with me as it is my first time posting to this board.

I am getting my papers ready to apply for K1. I plan to send them in the next few weeks. But I am thinking wayyyy ahead now.

My fiance in the Philippines has worked in Japan for 6 months back in 2006. I know she needs a police clearance from there. This thread has been very helpful in explaining the procedure. However, I have one additional question. She has since renewed her passport and has no record of her entry into / out of Japan. She also does not know the address of where she worked in Japan (I know this is a separate issue that I am researching for completing the I-129F). Will these two issues cause a problem for her getting the police clearance?

Thank you for letting me jump in on this thread.

Please look at the "About Me" page in our profile for our complete K-1 and AOS processing timeline.

AOS
Packet sent: 11 May 2010
Transferred to CSC: 08 June 2010
AP Received: 30 July 2010
EAD Received: 02 Aug 2010
AOS Approved / Card production ordered: 02 Nov 2010
Greed Card Received: 08 Nov 2010

ROC
Packet Sent: 3 Oct 2012
NOA Date: 9 Oct 2012
Biometrics: 6 Nov 2012
ROC Approved: 23 April 2013

Card Received: 26 April 2013

Hello MalolosToUSA,

Im wondering, how come she dont know the address where she worked before in Japan? She stayed there for 6 months right? Also if you renew your passport, the old passport will be returned to you too. Maybe somehow immigration people will know if she renewed her passport and might ask for the old one and will find out that she stayed in Japan. Im not sure though, just thinking that maybe there's a way she can remember the address to avoid problems in the future. What about any documents or previous work contract? For sure address is stated there.

Good morning. I am going to jump on this thread. Please bear with me as it is my first time posting to this board.

I am getting my papers ready to apply for K1. I plan to send them in the next few weeks. But I am thinking wayyyy ahead now.

My fiance in the Philippines has worked in Japan for 6 months back in 2006. I know she needs a police clearance from there. This thread has been very helpful in explaining the procedure. However, I have one additional question. She has since renewed her passport and has no record of her entry into / out of Japan. She also does not know the address of where she worked in Japan (I know this is a separate issue that I am researching for completing the I-129F). Will these two issues cause a problem for her getting the police clearance?

Thank you for letting me jump in on this thread.

Visit My Website

Thank you for the reply. I have asked her to look for her old paperwork. I know that she does not have her old passport. I am still going to put what information I have on the G-325A. I do not want to omit it and then be accused of lying on the form. I would rather have incomplete information than no information at all. I guess my question is if I put "Unknown" for the address, but have the city/country, if immigration will accept that. My other concern is if she cannot come up with the address, will the Japanese consulate give her problems when trying to get her police clearance?

Please look at the "About Me" page in our profile for our complete K-1 and AOS processing timeline.

AOS
Packet sent: 11 May 2010
Transferred to CSC: 08 June 2010
AP Received: 30 July 2010
EAD Received: 02 Aug 2010
AOS Approved / Card production ordered: 02 Nov 2010
Greed Card Received: 08 Nov 2010

ROC
Packet Sent: 3 Oct 2012
NOA Date: 9 Oct 2012
Biometrics: 6 Nov 2012
ROC Approved: 23 April 2013

Card Received: 26 April 2013

You dont need to be specific with the address. i only put the machi (city), ken (state) and Japan after that. I am not sure if "unknown" is accetpable.

Thank you for the reply. I have asked her to look for her old paperwork. I know that she does not have her old passport. I am still going to put what information I have on the G-325A. I do not want to omit it and then be accused of lying on the form. I would rather have incomplete information than no information at all. I guess my question is if I put "Unknown" for the address, but have the city/country, if immigration will accept that. My other concern is if she cannot come up with the address, will the Japanese consulate give her problems when trying to get her police clearance?

Visit My Website

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.