eros_EX_Plumber

Please Tell me if assumption is correct..NBI vs Police certificate

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Please tell me if my assumption is correct;

For the Philippines only NBI clearance is needed....correct?

Police Certificate are needed if lived/worked more than one year outside the Philippines... correct?

:bonk:(this is going to be our killer delay....i have been fighting on this one for more then 3 months with the Idiots on the Philippines police stations in Mindanao province, they gave my fiance so much trouble with just having fingerprints taken to be sent to Baharain, which may not be ready for time of INTERVIEW.....I am so mad!!!!)

I. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS

7. NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI web site is http://www.nbi.gov.ph.

8. OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. Applicants aged 16 years and older must also present police certificates from other countries where they have lived for one (1) year or more after reaching the age of 16. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained in any maiden names, aliases or nicknames used while in the country in question, including different spellings you have used of those names. Country-specific information on how to secure police certificates is available on the State Department’s web site at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3272.html.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is correct.. you will need to Get NBI clearance and Police Certificate from the country-or province you lived in about a year..for example you get an NBI from Manila and a Police Clearance in Cebu...

Police Certificate are needed if lived/worked more than one year outside the Philippines... correct?

:bonk:(this is going to be our killer delay....i have been fighting on this one for more then 3 months with the Idiots on the Philippines police stations in Mindanao province, they gave my fiance so much trouble with just having fingerprints taken to be sent to Baharain, which may not be ready for time of INTERVIEW.....I am so mad!!!!)

I. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS

7. NBI CLEARANCE. Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI web site is http://www.nbi.gov.ph.

8. OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. Applicants aged 16 years and older must also present police certificates from other countries where they have lived for one (1) year or more after reaching the age of 16. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained in any maiden names, aliases or nicknames used while in the country in question, including different spellings you have used of those names. Country-specific information on how to secure police certificates is available on the State Department’s web site at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3272.html.

ticker.png

ticker.png

That is correct.. you will need to Get NBI clearance and Police Certificate from the country-or province you lived in about a year..for example you get an NBI from Manila and a Police Clearance in Cebu...

Thanks....

Fortunately she lived in the same province all her life "with the exception of work outside the country for few years"...

But I am still confused......For the time she lived in Philippines? (same province MINDANAO) !!!!!

Do she need NBI only?

Or need NBI and Police Clearance Certificate for that province?

Thanks again...

I. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS

This may help!

Here is where we messed up, she had worked in Bahrain and they wanted a police background clearance from Bahrain CID, this took until September, it was a disaster, we had just had a child and she couldn't get the clearance, I called CID we sent them requests, and got nothing. We finally contacted the Philippine embassy in Bahrain, and they fixed it.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

She will get the regular NBI (means overall from the Philippines) and she will get the Police Clearance (from Mindanao) meaning her province Police clearance. :)

I. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS

This may help!

Here is where we messed up, she had worked in Bahrain and they wanted a police background clearance from Bahrain CID, this took until September, it was a disaster, we had just had a child and she couldn't get the clearance, I called CID we sent them requests, and got nothing. We finally contacted the Philippine embassy in Bahrain, and they fixed it.

ticker.png

ticker.png

I. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS

This may help!

You are a GOD sent.....GOD BLESS You and your family

Please send me a Private Message if you don't want to share with the forum.....

Would it be faster if I or she send the request directly to the Philippines Embassy in Bahrain for the Police background clearance instead of the Bahrain CID?

Just appreciate your input since you already deal with them before....

Thank you so much.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First thing she will do is to get an NBI in Mindanao her NBI certificate should state "Travel to USA" not just "Travel abroad" it should specific. And then she needs to get a Police clearance where she worked or stayed for more than 6 months outside Philippines.

Police Record

Available. To obtain a Bahraini GOOD CONDUCT CERTIFICATE, write to: General Directorate of Criminal Investigation (CID), P.O. Box 26698, Manama, State of Bahrain. The letter should contain a request for an application for a "Good Conduct Certificate" (Form PS/CID/6) with a statement explaining that the certificate is needed for immigration. Applicants should complete and return it to the CID at the above address along with the following:

Two matte (i.e., non-glossy) photographs;

A photocopy of the first four pages of the applicant's passport;(where all the biographic data is mentioned)

A photocopy of all previous Bahraini residence permits;

A letter from the applicant's current employer indicating that they have no objection to the applicant's departure.

If the applicant is living in Bahrain, the CID will schedule an interview, during which the applicant will be fingerprinted. The certificate is usually issued within 3-5 days after the interview. Records are somewhat unreliable prior to 1967. There is a fee for this service of Bahrain Dinars 1.000 or U.S. $3.00 for this service. Checks and Bank Drafts are not accepted.

Applicants no longer living in Bahrain should follow the same procedure and provide the same documentation. However, they will also have to provide a set of fingerprints taken by local police in their country of residence.

If there is a Bahrain Embassy where the applicant resides, the can contact the Bahrain Embassy to complete the necessary formalities.

Note: Certificates are not issued for holders of visitor's visas. In order for CID to issue a Good Conduct Certificate, an applicant must currently have, or previously have had, a valid residence permit in Bahrain.

I. APPLICATION DOCUMENTS

K1 Process:
April 22, 2008 I-129F NOA1
Aug. 25, 2008 I-129F NOA2
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left
Sept. 09, 2008 Consulate received
Sept. 16, 2008 Appointment notice received
Sept. 23, 2008 Filed Jap. police clearance
Sept. 24-25, 2008 Medical exam Done. Thank God I'm healthy
Oct. 03, 2008 Interview date
Nov. 11, 2008 Got a call from Jap. Embassy PC ready for pick up
Nov. 13, 2008 Picked up and submitted the Police clearance to USEM
Nov. 28, 2008 Visa is ready for delivery
Dec. 02, 2008 Visa in transit to Cebu (delayed bcuz Dec. 1 was holiday)
Dec. 03, 2008 Visa received abot na jud tawn Thank you Lord.
Dec. 08, 2008 POE Hawaii, Honolulu
Dec. 09, 2008 Got married (wedding and honeymoon in Hawaii)
Dec. 12, 2008 Newly wed couple flew to SFO, CA

AOS Process:
Feb. 04, 2009 USCIS received AOS docs.
Feb. 12, 2009 NOA received (AOS and EAD)
Feb. 13, 2009 Biometrics appointment received
Feb. 25, 2009 Biometrics schedule (10 AM) San Francisco DONE
March 14, 2009 Received interview schedule
April 11, 2009 Received EAD card
April 21, 2009 Interview (APPROVED) (2 months 17 days from filing)

April 28, 2009 Welcome Letter received
May 2, 2009 GREEN CARD received (2 months and 29 days)
May 22, 2009 Filed SSN
May 24, 2009 Got SSN at SSA
June 11, 2009 SSN Card received in mail

Naturalization

April 30, 2013 N-400 mailed (i used regular mail not express)

May 3, 2013 NOA priority date (received in mail 05/09/13)
May 8, 2013 Check cashed out, received text and email (N-400 accepted)

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

June 6, 2013 Received email and text N400 has been scheduled
June 10, 2013 Received letter in mail
July 16, 2013 Interview @3:30pm SFO

qlko09mo73vl.png

"and she will get the Police Clearance (from Mindanao) meaning her province Police clearance.

No need local police clearance NBI clearance covers it all. Doesn't hurt to have tho. Some people even get barangay clearance. No need either.

"This may help!

Here is where we messed up, she had worked in Bahrain and they wanted a police background clearance from Bahrain CID, this took until September, it was a disaster, we had just had a child and she couldn't get the clearance, I called CID we sent them requests, and got nothing. We finally contacted the Philippine embassy in Bahrain, and they fixed it."

Sorry that wasn't my personal experience. I copied that from another site.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

K1 Process:
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left

AOS Process:

May 22, 2009 Filed SSN

Naturalization

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

qlko09mo73vl.png

hi, i got my Police Certificate/Good Conduct Certificate (GCC) from Bahrain through DFA Manila in the OUMWA office. I worked in Bahrain for 2 years that's why i also needed that for my upcoming interview. I emailed Philippine Embassy in Bahrain and told me to go to the OUMWA office coz they have the forms there to sign up and i went to a nearby police station for the finger printing. It costs $23 and you have to pay that in dollars (not in pesos) because of the courier service and you will get it after one month. Well, if your fiance is from Mindanao, just ask the Philippine Embassy in Bahrain thru email where she can get the GCC in Mindanao area. Here's the contact info of Phil Embassy in Bahrain:

Phone:

+973-250-990

+973-259-599

Fax:

+973-258-583

Email:

manamape@batelco.com.bh

manamape@dfa.gov.ph

szbfyt86.png

"What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguiseツ."

"All good things come to he who waits ツ."

All that is needed for the Philippines is the NBI. No need to get the police certs in any province or city in the Philippines.

In your case you will need once also for the other countries.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

First thing she will do is to get an NBI in Mindanao her NBI certificate should state "Travel to USA" not just "Travel abroad" it should specific. And then she needs to get a Police clearance where she worked or stayed for more than 6 months outside Philippines.

quote]

is this really necessary? are they really specific about it? or its consul to consul basis? we are filing at uae consul so i wonder if this being specific about the purpose (travel to USA) is only required in pi? ......i have come across this before but one lady lamented its not needed. "Travel abroad" is suffice....now this is confusing. Is this based on your experience? pls clarify. thank you B)

to the OP: my understanding is, only NBI is needed to cover the whole pi but we are using uae consul so that may differ if its in pi consul. all the best :thumbs:

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Timeline

We have an agency who assisted us in filing for K1 and they said in NBI certificate it should say "Travel to USA" cuz some of their clients before had a problem with the NBI during their interview cuz it only says Travel abroad and not Travel to USA. But in my opinion it doesn't make sense but I just did what they advised me to do just to be in a safe track.

K1 Process:
Aug. 28, 2008 NVC left

AOS Process:

May 22, 2009 Filed SSN

Naturalization

May 31, 2013 Biometrics

June 4, 2013 In Line

qlko09mo73vl.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.