MieLon

ST. LUKES MEDICAL CENTER QUEZON CITY

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
I came at 10am as a walk-in patient for CHEST X-RAY AT ST.LUKE'S MEDICAL CENTER, I paid P536.00 and the X-Ray was done and I also gave my previous Chest X-Ray dated July 22, 2008 for comparison. I got the written results at around ?and I read that it is NORMAL with two signatures on it and since I need the film for my personal use I asked for it and I was told to wait. I waited for 30 minutes then I went out of the X-ray Department to make a call together with my received result. When I return I ask for my film the receptionist gave it to me. I also did ask to talk to the Radiologist and a male Doctor (******) talk to me. Since I already read the result I ask the male doctor if they are sure about it and I was told that they are. Then I mentioned to him about my medical at SLEC that allegedly I had findings from my X-ray, but the male doctor ask to see the result that was released to me and so with no bad thought on I mind I let him see it and thinking he will just put the released result in an envelope together with the film I let go of the paper. But unfortunately the released result never came back to me instead after 30minutes of waiting the male doctor never came out again, I ask the receptionist to please get my result because it is already mine that I received it already. But I was only told to wait and insisted for the male doctor to come out, he never did. A few minutes later the receptionist gave me the envelope with the film with the result inside but to my surprise when I read the result this time It was change and the signed doctor is only one by the name of DR. *******. I was so mad about this that I insisted to return to me the original result. I was told that no more that they made re-evaluation, ok fine but since I already received it I told them it would be fair to simply attached the re-evaluation from the first one. This is a very obvious mistake.  When I insisted to the receptionist that I will not go if I don’t have the first one I was directed by the receptionist to go inside and was talked to by a female doctor who introduced herself to me as ************the one who is signed on my second result. I was told that after the review there really was an abnormality on my X-ray and I said no problem what ever she see on it but I want the first reading and re-evaluation reading together. She ends up arguing with me saying that they can’t find it anymore. That they already trashed and she even told me if I want to look for it look in the trash and so many unacceptable reasons that even a non-educated individual will not accept. It is very clear that she made a mistake. Instead of making an apology for what had transpire she makes me feel as If I don’t know how to read and that I am stupid not to see the mistake on her part. Dr. ***********unprofessional response to me is really unacceptable for someone who is working in a High Standard Institution telling your patient’s to go to the trash and look for your trashed result is really beyond the line. Not only did I experience a bad treatment as a paying patient but also I felt that my result was written with partiality. Regardless of the result if only **********was diplomatic enough to me and released a non-bias report with a note of attached review would have been fair and just for a patient like me.I understand St. Luke’s Medical Center provide the highest standard in medical service that is why I went to have my Chest X-ray done from your hospital but this is the very first time I have experience this kind of negligence.I ALSO WANT TO ADD THAT THE FINDINGS OF MY X-RAY FROM ST. LUKES MEDICAL CENTER AND ST.LUKES EXTENSION CLINIC WAS DIFFERENT. ONE IS TELLING ME I HAVE A SCAR WHICH COULD MEAN ANY LUNG INFECTION FROM THE PAST AND THE OTHER TELLING I HAVE AN ACTIVE LUNG INFECTION AT THIS THIS TIME.. WHILE ON THE OTHER HAND A PULMONOLOGIST FROM ST. LUKES A VERY NICE DOCTOR EXPLAIN TO ME THAT SCARS IN X-RAY COULD MEAN ANYTHIG BUT NOT TB SPECIFIC.  JUST FOR YOUR THOUGHT MY FRIENDS... WHAT STANDARD ARE THEY FOLLOWING.[/size]

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I feel sorry for you sis! Thats not really fair the way they've treated you.

Ano ba yun komo sinabi mo na ganun ang result sa SLEC eh gumaya din sila sa ST. LUKES medical?THATS NOT FAIR!!

sana naman ma settle na to immediately!

Try mo kaya mag pa x-ray sa ibang clinic sis?para hindi bias ang result.

KEEP us posted!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi, i'm tina i suggest you go to the lung center of the phils for second opinion. Lung Center has the highest authority to say if you are REALLY positive with active pulmonary infection or SCAR lang. confirmatory test for PTB is AFB stainingand if you are negative most likely scar lang OR latent. if you will go to lung center just bring all of your films and sputum result for comparison, much better if you have your old film.best time to go there is morning.you can also request a american clearance there just ask the DOCTOr what should you do.about naman sa doctor na ng api sayu may kakilala ko mga goons.lol..i know we are not close, just interested to your case. BALITAAN mo kO ha....

• 5 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.