| Review on July 29, 2020:|
|Review Topic: IR-1/CR-1 Visa|
My husbands IR-1 visa interview appointment was at 11:30am and we arrived at 11am. The embassy guards asked him to fill out a COVID-19 questionnaire regarding any symptoms or recent travel. There was no one else waiting outside and the guards were wearing masks.
My husband entered the embassy and they told him to take a seat. After a couple of minutes, they called his name and requested the following documents: passport, birth certificate, relationship evidence (our sons birth certificate), military record, police certificate, and passport photos. They wanted all original documents.
Next, he sat for 10 minutes until he was called to the window. He had to swear by oath that he would answer truthfully to the following questions:
- When did you meet your spouse?
- Have you ever been apart from your spouse for an extended period of time?
- Why are you both living in Georgia?
- When was your son born?
- Where are you planning to live in the US?
- What does your mother-in-law do for work? (we are planning to live with her initially, so that's why they asked about her)
- What's your goal when you get to the US?
The consular approved the visa and told my husband to expect the visa in 3-4 business days. He gave my husband the option to arrange with a courier or to pick up his passport when it was ready.
My husband also mentioned that there were only 2 other people in the waiting room and everything was very sanitary with employees taking the necessary safety precautions due to COVID-19.