Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About martinataylor

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 367986
  • Location Eastsound, WA, USA

Profile Information

  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Adjustment of Status (pending)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Local Office
  • Local Office
    Seattle WA
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, My wife Marcela (is in process of applying for an adjustment of status for residency. She (happily) has received her combined EAP and permission to work card. We are going to visit my ailing parents in the UK. When returning to the USA does she need to file the ESTA online application that is needed for visa waiver visitors? Thanks Martin
  2. I am trying to schedule a medical exam for the I-693 form that is part of an adjustment of status application. I have called the 3 closest authorized doctors and all ar within $25 for the basic fee at approximately $500-$525. Is that a typical fee. We are located in WA state North of Seattle. Near Mount Vernon/Burlington/Bellingham. Anybody had a good experience with a clinic or doctor? Anything significantly less than $500? Thanks Martin
  3. Do you have any experience of people being able to sign up for health care without an SSN or ITIN???? I know I get to ask my new employer that but wondering what to expect. Martin
  4. Hi, Good question and I believe now that was an error on my part. At the time I filed I did not think I could include her as she had no Social Security number. and i had thought the ITIN process may muddy the waters and be unnecessary as she might soon have an SSN I was in the mode of she mostly doesn't exist in the US officially It is only in considering how to get her on health insurance I thought to look into the ITIN and I realize that is likely a legitimate and necessary step. Martin
  5. Hi, We are in process with our application for my wife (Chilean) to become a US resident after we got married last year. Our forms (I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765) were accepted December 5th 2020 . I am starting a good job soon with excellent health insurance etc. I have not spoken to the new employer as I have not received the official offer yet. But I am wondering if I will be able to get health insurance for her. I am thinking I should apply for an ITIN number for her. I filed my taxes for 2020 as a single person. I believe if I wanted to file a W7 for to apply for an ITIN number I would need to file an amended return. Anybody have experience of this process? Any reason not to file for an ITIN? Could my wife file a tax return with zero income to apply for the ITIN? Any idea how long the ITIN process takes? Anybody have experience with getting decent resident health insurance without an SSN or ITIN??? Thanks Martin
  • Create New...