Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Alex.nd17

  • Rank
  • Member # 339763
  • Location Ashburn, VA, USA

Profile Information

  • City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Naturalization (approved)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Local Office
  • Local Office
    Washington DC
  1. Thank you! I'll see the reciprocity table, although I believe that's what the previous person quoted. However, I may be able to find secondary evidence.
  2. Thank you for the quick response. At this point the Venezuelan government is in dispute and the embassy in the US is still unable to process paperwork in Venezuela as it is a diplomatic mission named by the disputing government, yet the defacto regime in Venezuela will not process requests made either by this embassy or the one appointed by them.
  3. Hello, I am a U.S. citizen filing form I-130 along with I-485, I-864, and I-765 for my father. We have all requested evidence except for one divorce decree of a marriage he had prior to the one with my mom. The document is in Venezuela, and given the unstable/disputed government situation it is very difficult or close to impossible to retrieve without being there or paying someone to do so, also, my dad's ex-wife lives in Europe now and does not have it with her and suggested she has gotten rid of it. We were informed by an Venezuelan unofficial source, who knows the subject, that such decree (from 1980) is part of what they call "dead files" and possibly not easily retrievable at this point. Would this prompt for a request for more evidence? Even if I am providing proof of the legal marriage between my parents at the moment of my birth, and my birth certificate? If I have to add something in lieu of this missing document, what could it be? Thanks in advance.
  4. Hello guys, I'm a US citizen currently applying to change my father's status to that of a green card holder. I filled out the support affidavit but am dubious about whether it is required for him to be in my same residence for this purpose or not. He is currently not staying with me, but I am responsible for him. Us being in different states for this process would hurt anything? (I'm submitting all the forms I- 130,I- 485, I-765, and I-864) would our living in different states hurt anything in this process?
  • Create New...