Hello guys.i am a foreigner who’s married to a US citizen. We have been married for 3 years and I should normally apply to remove conditions on my greencard at the end of this year. But my husband wants to divorce.. I live in NY state and if we agree divorce process doesn’t take too long here. I know it is harder when there is a divorce.. I have many documents to prove our marriage is real.
* we have been living in the same place since we got married and the lease is under both of our names.
* some of the bills are under his name, some of them under my name.
* we have a shared credit card and he has a debit card attached to my checking account.
* we have a joint car insurance.
* we have a court paper him trying to make an arrangement with his child’s mother which states i would be doing the transactions to avoid conflicts ( pick up the child & drop of the child).
* we have transactions from my bank account which goes to his child’s day care and money transactions between our accounts.
* we have cards giving to each other for special occasions.
* We have the receipts for summer passes to the amusement parks.
* we have the receipts for special occasions like me ordering him a birthday cake with instructions etc.
*joint tax returns for the last 3 years
* we have many pictures with many different people and especially I have a lot of pictures with his daughter ( more pictures than I have with him).
* we have many people who can write a letter for us to sworn our marriage is real.
* We have older phone records between us ( changed the carrier and cannot get the detailed list anymore).
When we had our first appointment we got approved on the spot that our officer gave me a temporary greencard on the spot so we could go to Canada for Valentine’s Day ( got my interview 2 days before the Valentine’s Day). The officer said he has no doubt about us... He said anyone from outside could understand you are in love with your husband which is true. I don’t want to divorce.. It is breaking my heart a lot.. I wanted to get a marriage counseling but we are in dept so have no extra money to spend on that.. also our car loans are separate because his credit score is very low so we did not want my credit to be effected. Also we do not have health insurance together. It is because his company offers very cheap health insurance for an individual but the family plan is so expensive and again we cannot afford it. And, I don’t have a health insurance in general anyways ( again money is the factor). We both work but between the child support, depts, and expenses we live pay check to pay check. How important is not having a health insurance together or having separated car loans?
And lastly, I will have friends writing letters for us that our marriage is real. But i am not sure if I should get any letters from his family? And, my husband will write a letter indicating our marriage was in a good faith..
Do I need more evidence? If so what else I should be looking to add into my form?