Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Reds89z

  • Rank
  • Member # 323743
  • Location Riverside, CA, USA

Immigration Timeline & Photos

  1. Is there any way to do the CRBA here in the US? Or does it have to be done at the facing consulate where the child was born? I ask because the post interview requirements (if any) may require an extended stay abroad.
  2. Hi, I'm trying to find out the best way to go about this. My daughter was born to my then wife who left to go back to Russia. My daughter was born in Russia, and my ex-wife let her LPR status lapse so she can only enter the US with a tourist visa. Daughter never came to the US until a visit with her mom in 2016, and has been visiting me on a tourist visa since then every summer. We want to get my daughter dual citizenship so she can more easily come to see me. I thought form N-600 would be the required form to file but per the "who should file" instructions, you must be a LPR and must be living in the US and in the legal and physical custody of your US citizen parent. Since my daughter is not a LPR or has an A number, maybe this is not the form we need to submit to get citizenship through me. It seems other family forms require you to be physically present in the US first. I'm not sure where to start on this journey. Thank you.
  • Create New...