Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About lexicon

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 323252
  • Location Nameless, TX, USA

Profile Information

  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Removing Conditions (pending)

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. There is no good way to predict how long it will take USCIS to process your RFE paperwork, besides looking at average case processing times for your service center. Part of it is down to the backlog they are going through. The current administration wanted to start interviewing all I-751 applicants but that has been relaxed. It seems like some people are getting interviews, others are not, and I don't seem to see any predictive patterns there for cases without red flags. You probably have a higher chance of getting an interview. I know your last interview was stressful, but an immigration lawyer I'm acquainted with (he has decades of experience) said that you shouldn't be too stressed about getting an interview. You can prove some things more easily, like affection and genuine concern, better than you can with papers. But that's just his take. :) Good luck!
  2. Hope everything works out! If your wife is barred from working, you might be able to sue and/or ask to recoup lost wages according to a lawyer I consulted. She should not need to show any immigration paperwork. According to HR at my company, you're not supposed to ask an existing employee with a green card to re-verify eligibility. If your wife leaves the company to work elsewhere, all she would need to show is a state-issued ID and her social security card.
  3. Question about I-751 interviews, and apologies if this has been answered (long threads!) -- do those seem to occur more often for IR1/CR1 cases, or are you all seeing them as often for CR6 cases?
  4. Does anyone know what happens after USCIS completes its fingerprint review? Do people still get RFE? If fingerprint review is the last step, any patterns/ideas on how long it might take for CR-6 cases to be approved?
  5. In your earlier note, you mentioned that the enrollment center said your husband could get TSA pre-check at best while ROC was pending. So even TSA pre-check was on hold? If he's gotten GE by now, did the five-year clock start at conditional approval or full approval? Did your husband apply for GE after his GC expired or prior to that?
  6. Thank you so much! I searched for quite a while on Google and found nothing. Should have searched here instead. :)
  7. Does this mean that no biometrics is necessary, or that they reviewed fingerprints and will issue a biometrics notice? I received the same notification, even though my biometrics appointment was over two years ago. I keep hearing that biometrics are only valid for 15 months. Update: I noticed that the status on https://my.uscis.gov and https://egov.uscis.gov/ don't match. I thought the latter is the old site, but that's the one with "fingerprint review was completed" whereas the other is stuck in "case was received."
  8. Asking for a friend. She has an I-797 extension letter (18 months) and tried to apply for Global Entry (https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-entry). According to the website, you need a machine-readable green card to use the kiosks. Presumably this needs to be "unexpired," since she was unable to sign up when she entered the (now past) expiry date. Does anyone know if she can for Global Entry with an expired card + extension letter, or if she needs to wait for her 10-year card?
  9. Did you schedule an infopass appointment or walk-in? The offices in my area no longer allow online scheduling or walk-ins, so I'm guessing I'd have to call USCIS and request an appointment.
  10. Are you applying for an adjustment of status from a K-1 visa (i.e. you do not have your two year green card yet) or applying for a removal of conditions (you have a two year green card that is about to expire)? The period of evidence you need to provide is contingent on that and how much evidence you have already submitted.
  11. Just wanted to post an update and close the loop - I actually ended up finding my green card (now expired) and got my NOA in a timely manner. :)
  12. Just wanted to say hello and wish everyone good luck! Since my green card expired, I've been irrationally anxious even though I have the NOA (18-month extension). These forums are comforting! There's just something reassuring/"official" about having an unexpired card or a stamp in your passport. A friend with a pending I-751 recently returned from vacation in a non-English speaking country. The immigration officer there was confused by the NOA and made a huge fuss about the expired green card. This is discouraging me even though I know it's safe to travel. Given the long wait for I-751 approvals, I'll just have to take a leap of faith!
  13. Thank you! Do you think I might have any luck requesting the I-551 stamp before receiving the NOA? I have copies of my lost green card and proof that my I-751 application was delivered, but lacking concrete proof of residence makes me antsy.
  14. I realize that there have been similar, older posts but I wanted to start a new thread given changes under the current administration. I recently filed my I-751 application and am still waiting for my NOA. I lost my green card, which expires in May 2019. I just renewed my foreign passport from inside the USA, so it has no evidence of travel or entry into the USA. I do not intend to travel outside the USA anytime soon. I see the following options and would appreciate advice on next steps: File I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card): According to the USCIS website (https://www.uscis.gov/i-90), you should not do this if you are seeking to remove conditions. That does not really describe my situation. Even if I can file the I-90, does it make sense since my card is likely to expire before USCIS takes action (looking at current processing times)? Request I-551 stamp (ADIT): I have heard that USCIS may refuse to stamp your passport if your 18-month extension letter/NOA has not expired. However, I think the NOA is only a valid proof of residence if accompanied by an expired green card. Do I need the NOA before I can try to get the stamp? Would I have to pay the $455 filing fee for a lost green card? Field offices nearby no longer offer online InfoPass appointments or walk-ins. I know the current administration is trying to scale back USCIS services. Hopefully I can call the NCSC to schedule an appointment for a I-551 at a local office and that these offices have not eliminated I-551 services. While we are on this topic, suppose I have to file the I-90 and am issued a copy of my existing green card. If I lose this card after it expires (hopefully this will never happen again!), would I have to file the I-90 again or would I request the I-551? Thank you!
  • Create New...