Jump to content

Ayliee K

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Ayliee K

  • Rank
    Junior Member
  • Member # 316874

Profile Information

  • City
  • State
    New York

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    F-1 Visa
  • Place benefits filed at
    Local Office
  • Local Office
    New York City NY
  • Country
    South Korea

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Ohh the lawyer said I had to show that I could not get married since bigamy is illegal in NY. "you believed that you were legally married to your abusive U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse but the marriage was not legitimate solely because of the bigamy of your abusive spouse" I guess he might not be a good lawyer lol
  2. Thanks a lot! I should start saving money for my education hehe
  3. The lawyer that I met tried to apply VAWA by claiming bigamy since they were never divorced. Thanks again!
  4. Thanks for your reply! Wow I have not even thought about 1 would be a problem. Since I cannot get a support from my family, it is really difficult to raise my son, earn for living, and study at the same time. I saw some articles that many number of nurses are immigrating to the US. I think that would be the best option. Thank you!
  5. Thanks for kind notes! I guess finishing my education in South Korea would be the best option to go to the US. I think it will take a while tho. And there is no father's name on my son's birth certificate. So... I don't think my ex will report it as a kidnapping. Thanks once again. I really appreciate it!
  6. Thanks for your kindness! I was never married. It is kinda a long story tho. When I was in the 2nd trimester, he told me that he is a married man. My ex and his wife have been separated since 2016 but never officially divorced. He insisted he will get divorced as soon as he gets his green card as a spouse of his wife(his wife got her green card from asylum). He did not want to put his name on baby's birth certificate because he thinks it might affect his divorce. There is a blank on father's name on baby's birth certificate so I was able to make a passport of my son.
  7. I searched some! but haven't contacted yet.
  8. Oh I wish! but the thing is, right now my family do not support me anymore so it is almost impossible to pay $40,000/yr and raise my son at the same time. Thanks for your reply btw!
  9. Thanks for your kind reply! I thought it would work cuz I maintained my F1 since 2012. Thanks again!
  10. Thanks for your reply! Well I saw many of people who applied EB3 while they had F1 on the websites. I just was not sure if they were scam or not hehe.. One another question is my F1 visa on my passport will be expired in 2021. Am I allow to visit US with my current F1 visa if I have I-20 from different school? like a language school. Thanks once again!
  11. Hello, I am 22 years old single mom. I was a college student in NY but I had to take a leave of absence from my college due to child delivery. I delivered my son in NY so he is automatically a US citizen, but I am not. Before my son was born, my ex told me that he has a Green card so I can get a green card too after we get married. But when I was in 3rd trimester, I noticed that he is an illegal immigrant and has alcoholic issue. He continuously abused me both physically and mentally when he was drunk. I have the police reports about domestic violence but the order of protection did not really help us to be separated from him. So I tried to apply for VAWA, but again, I was not eligible because my ex is an illegal immigrant. Once he tried to harm my son too, I ran away from him with my son to South Korea. I apology about too wordy personal info. Cuts to the chase: Since I cannot get any support from my family, I want to get settled in the US. The thing is, I do not have a college degree, EB3 unskilled worker visa would be the best option for me. After I contacted several lawyers, they said applying EB3 in South Korea is not recommended because no one was accepted. What I am thinking is, 1) Apply to Community College or Language School in the US and get F-1. 2) After I moved to the US, I apply to EB3 Is this sounds ok? If you got a green card from EB3, please give me some tips and advice! Thanks!