Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Tampatownfan

  • Rank
  • Member # 297276

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. The fact they are a low income family effects all of their decisions. The cost of return flights to facilitate getting married, plus the visa application & medical and another flight to the USA when approved vs the cost of a K1 where the costs are spread out over a 2 year period and a delay in being able to legally work. We all have our preferences and ideas on what is the best route to take. The fact remains that the OP and her fiancé should do the research and base their decision on what route suits their own specific circumstances. Although I recommended the K1, given the specifics she raised in the OP, I'd like to think that the discussion provides if nothing else some basis of food for thought.
  2. All good points, and of course I agree with you, however I think your clarification puts more flesh on the bone to what I mentioned rather than debunks it. As mentioned by myself and a few others, each person should look at their own particular situation and select the most suitable course of action for themselves. I think the gist of the advice that the OP can take from all of the responses, is to do the research and together with her fiancé, make the decision they feel is best for themselves. Its a steep and sometimes daunting learning curve for sure.
  3. My advice would be to read through all of the respective guides on what visa would be the best one for YOUR specific circumstances. As you have said that you are only engaged, I would strongly recommend you read up on the K1 visa especially. With travel to and from both the UK and USA being so problematic due to the epidemic, that is also something to consider. I do not mean to scare you, but as you've discovered the immigration services will ask questions. For him to travel to the USA to marry you, he will need an ESTA or like you tried before a B2. If the intention to travel is to marry and he does it on a tourist visa, that is classed as visa fraud and is illegal. That is not to say that people do not do that, I hasten to add. With the plan clearly being that he will move to be with you in the USA, I think the safest bet is to go down the K1 - Fiance Visa route. That will then keep you well within Visa law and ultimately end up with you being reunited as a family. With him already having been refused the B2 because of questionable advice, your case will be on the radar of the immigration straight away, so again, another reason to be careful in selecting the best route for you as a couple. As others have said on here, make sure you both read all the guidelines and completion guides for the forms. There is no need for a lawyer typically as everything is written down on what you need to do. Additionally, you've already made a great decision in subscribing to this site, I've used it initially for the K1 years ago, and again recently for my IR-1 when we decided to return after some time outside the USA. I wish you every bit of luck on your visa journey.
  4. Many thanks for the confirmation guys, I figured it to be the case. As you mentioned Wuozopo, there are still plenty of references out there mentioning the envelope, so I am sure it can be seen by some as puzzling when they do not get one. Two weeks to go and I will see how it goes at my POE.....
  5. Hi Everyone, Ive posted this in the UK forum as it was from the Embassy in London that my visa and packet was sent. I am also posting this more for sharing information rather than as a concern. I feel quite comfortable about the situation, but think it worthy to share for the benefit of shared experiences. When I received my courier'd plastic bag from the embassy, I noticed that there was no sealed document envelope inside but just the documents handed over at the interview and my passport with the approved visa in it. I remember from when we did the K1 in 2007 that there was a sealed envelope, which we were warned needs to remain sealed etc etc, so I was quite surprised to just receive the passport and the few original documents I had either sent in or handed over at the interview. Im assuming that as things are generally now done online, have they phased out the sealed envelope packet, or is this something more to do with the type of visa people receive and or where it was issued? Although, as mentioned, Ive posted in the UK area, it would be interesting if it is now general practice across the various different countries or specific to London.
  6. Visa and packet delivered! They didn't hang around. So happy and relieved to finally have this stage of the journey completed.
  7. I just checked the CEAC site. I noticed that they typically update it between 10-11am, and just had a quick check to see if there had been any change and boom, there it was. 36 days after the interview.
  8. Much like a train, nothing happens then all at once a veritable avalanche of updates. A new notification today, 'ISSUED - Your visa has been printed" To say we are over the moon is an understatement.
  9. As an update to things, the CEAC record had been saying 'Refused', with the usual blurb about request for documents etc up until the 27th Aug. It has now changed to Administrative processing and possibly taking 'Several Weeks'. Im feeling somewhat better about this as it will still be several weeks before I get back to the UK from my work location. Plenty positive thinking that all will soon be resolved and the visa will be issued and sent back to me shortly.
  10. There are some aspects that I have chosen to not disclose here, but believe you me having gone through the processes before, I have disclosed everything in detail and supported by evidence on everything and everywhere I do and have worked. Anyone who knows the Global Entry system being used in the USA will know there is a stringent background and homeland security check prior to being approved, so being a security risk is not an issue. Having said that, as you mention, the inability to communicate between agencies including USCIS, Immigration, Homeland Security, FBI and other areas of State Department is as you say, well known.
  11. It's actually not that unusual for people in the UK who work in contracting and international business. Ironically its permitted for this very reason, so we can still conduct international business or travel to contracts while visas are applied for and issued etc. It was declared from the get go and was also the case when I applied for and received my B2 and Global Entry a few years ago.
  12. Although I tend to agree, Im left frustrated because my background is extremely well known to all of the relevant 'agencies', and I can't help feel someone has over reacted to the information and locations involved.
  13. Excuse me, this is more of a review, but ultimately I'd be interested to hear opinion on whether this sort of behaviour by the embassy is normal or not. Initial information though is we have been married 14 years this month and have lived in both the UK and the USA during that time, I have previously had permanent residency, but formally surrendered it when we moved to the UK. My initial interview was scheduled back in early May, but due to my overseas working routine and due to the fact I was visiting my wife in Florida, plus quarantine requirements etc when we received the short notice email, I was unable to attend. After some waiting to coincide with my next leave period, I finally managed to arrange my medical and interview, which was completed on the 26th July. What with quarantine having arrived from an Amber country, attending the medical and then waiting to allow the results to be sent to the embassy, I pretty much had about 10 days after the interview before I had to leave the country again to return to my job. During the interview I highlighted my employment, which was listed in the documentation as we have all had to do, and informed her that I was due to leave early in August and would need my passport as it contained my work visa for the country I work in and would be needed to allow me to return to work. She promptly informed me that she needed to see originals of some of my wife's documents, which I found slightly strange as I had interpreted the notices that it was my originals that were required. As a result I was issued a 221g for two of her documents and one of mine. I immediately called my wife in the USA and she set about re-ordering new certified copies and getting them couriered to me to pass on to DX to courier them to the embassy. The IO stressed that as soon as she received the documents she would be able to issue the Visa, and that the sooner I got them back to her the sooner she would be able to issue it. She kept my main passport. Imagine my surprise however when one week later, having already shipped the documents to the embassy, I received an email saying I had to complete a 5535 and answer some specific questions on my movements and employment, all of which had been done in previous documentation. I should add at this point that I hold a Global Entry authorisation to the USA and was also a B2 visitors visa holder up until the interview, she cancelled that 'without prejudice' as she interviewed me. I had therefore already disclosed my employment details and movements to homeland security, USCIS and everyone else who conducts the checks. The B2 was in a second UK passport that I have for work reasons. The IO had stated that if things were to take any longer than this short delay she would send me my passport to allow me to return to my job. When it became clear that things were not going to be sorted quickly, in the words of the consulate, 'we have no indication how long the review will take', I messaged the embassy and requested that my passport be returned to me quoting the conversation with the IO. I received an acknowledgment of my email, but then silence. I subsequently went over on my leave period and had to try to arrange an alternative visa for my country of work. Our plan incidentally was for me to finish my contract, which is well paid and already covers the bills in the USA and then work close to home in the new year. So here we are a month later and the tumble weed continues to blow across our case, with no updates on CEAC since the 12th Aug. What do you think, somewhat strange or perfectly normal?
  14. I will have a SSN, but it was 'un-linked' when we had to surrender my previous green card, so as a current non resident, it is dormant and cannot be used.
  15. Scandi, every step of this process is and has been taken as a couple. Ive been married to my US citizen wife for 14 years this year. Although not resident for most of that, I still spend more time in my Florida home than I do in the UK. Im sorry if you think it doesn't appear to be a priority, but living in the US has become the norm for me. I have an established life here and the acquisition of a green card is now just a formality. I recognise that to those that are going to be arriving here on their new lives and will be experiencing recent weddings and a new life, it is the most important thing in the world. I see it as an important part of our lives, but both my wife and I see my employment as an essential aspect of our ability to provide not only for ourselves but also our grandchildren, both sides of the pond.
  • Create New...