My Info: I had a DUI in 2007 in NJ, convicted in 2008 followed by a 7 month license suspension completed in 2009.
Can you please share your experience in applying for N400 in NJ with a DUI?
Which year was you DUI?
When did you apply N400?
When did you had your interview?
Did you hire a lawyer?
Was having a lawyer helpful?
How was your experience with the immigration officer?
What questions were asked?
Did you get your citizenship approved?
What did you answer for the questions below?
and any others you can think of.
Thank you so much in Advance.
1) Have you EVER committed, assisted in committing, or attempted to commit, a crime or offense for which you were NOT arrested?
2) Have you EVER been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including any immigration official or any official of the U.S. armed forces) for any reason?
3) Have you EVER been charged with committing, attempting to commit, or assisting in committing a crime or offense?
4) Have you EVER been convicted of a crime or offense?
5) Have you EVER been placed in an alternative sentencing or a rehabilitative program (for example, diversion, deferred prosecution, withheld adjudication, deferred adjudication)?
6) Have you EVER received a suspended sentence, been placed on probation, or been paroled?
7) Have you EVER been in jail or prison?