doodlebugg

Egypt AP List

221 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thought I'd continue our AP thread. Does anyone have any updates? Visas issued? New people wanting to be added to the list? This list is for those of us going through Cairo who are waiting after the interview for the visa to be issued.

micky_sabry (Egypt, K-1 but should have been CR-1) Reapplied for CR-1 and at NVC right now.

AshkiA (Egypt, CR-1) Interviewed 8/17/06 Awaiting AR

gotmeahunk (Egypt, K-3/CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 11/19/06 Awaiting AR

CairoBound (Egypt, K-3) Interviewed 11/21/06 Awaiting AR

Becky&Sam (Egypt, K-3) Interviewed 2/5/07 Awaiting AR

Cheryl & Medo (Egypt, K-3) Interviewed 2/7/07 Awaiting AR

aj1 (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 3/12/07 Awaiting AR - did not go to DOS yet

just waiting for my habebe (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 4/2/07 Awaiting AR

ayesha4akram (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 4/4/07 Awaiting AR

Ahmed & Sue (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 4/18/07 Awaiting AR

water is wide (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 05/03/07 Awaiting AR

m&n (Egypt, CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 5/6/07 Awaiting AR

TamaraLovesAdam (Egypt, K-3) Interviewed 5/9/07 Awaiting AR

xfilesman1 (Egypt, CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 5/14/07 Awaiting AP

Wael253 (Egypt, CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 5/23/07 Awaiting AR - VISA IN HAND (11/1/07)

Monnik (Egypt, CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 6/14/07 Awaiting AP - did not go to DOS

Bridget (Egypt, K-3) Interviewed 7/22/2007 Awaiting AP

SandynJack (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 8/30/2007 Awaiting AP

The Sparrow (Egypt, K-1) Interviewed 9/12/2007 - VISA IN HAND

Edited by bridget

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

micky_sabry (Egypt, K-1 but should have been CR-1) Reapplied for CR-1 and at NVC right now.

m&n (Egypt, CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 5/6/07 Visa in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wael253 (Egypt, CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 5/23/07 Awaiting AR - VISA IN HAND (11/1/07)

Timeline

m&n (Egypt, CR-1/IR-1) Interviewed 5/6/07 Visa in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did The Sparrow have AP?

Sorry if I'm worng, was just curious... I though she just got approved, there have been a few of those lately.

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

Did The Sparrow have AP?

Sorry if I'm worng, was just curious... I though she just got approved, there have been a few of those lately.

No she did have a couple of weeks of AP. I don't think I know of any who actually got the visa at the interview so technically everyone has had ap.

Timeline
Unless the visa is issued same day there is some sort of AP going on. Looks like she had a couple weeks of it. I believe she waited the same amount of time as yourself for her SO's visa.

Ahhh.... then the list is missing a few people, but don't remember the names right now. I think there are 2-3 of us who have been issued visas that way lately, but maby not Egypt.... arggg... keeping my mouth shut since I am too lazy to go back through the threads :D

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

my husband and I are still waiting in AP ONLY bcz no one has issued his MC paper! :angry: I had to get the senators office involved with the Embassy to get help. I will find out another update next week. We all agreed (Embassy, Passport Office, Husband & I) that it should take from 2-3 weeks. This is 13 weeks without it! :angry:

10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Timeline
my husband and I are still waiting in AP ONLY bcz no one has issued his MC paper! :angry: I had to get the senators office involved with the Embassy to get help. I will find out another update next week. We all agreed (Embassy, Passport Office, Husband & I) that it should take from 2-3 weeks. This is 13 weeks without it! :angry:

OMG Tamara that is just UNACCEPTABLE!!!!! Did he ever try to just ask for it a second time and go from there? I'd be so livid if I were you! Seriously that is just not ok. (((((hugs))))))

This really sucks especially during the holidays. I'm just trying to take things one day at a time, you know? I really thought he'd be here by now but we've both cried, screamed and then accepted it. I'm ok now with him not being here until at least January some time and maybe even not until the spring. If something like what you are going through though happened I don't know if I could not fly right over there and camp in front of the passport place until they release his passport. :angry::angry::angry:

The embassy has what I think is a new notice out, though maybe it was there before and I just didn't notice it. I saw it when I went on there after I was spoken to very very rudely by a DOS employee. He said to me, "you know when you'll know when he will get the visa?" (btw his voice was really nice when he said this to me).................and I said in earnest, "how???" and he replied, "when your husband gets something on his passport that is spelled 'V-I-S-A'".

:angry:

I hung up on the sonofabitch. Then I went to the embassy website and low and behold here is what it says so apparently this is the accepted response to all inquiries since they haven't a clue how long things take over there:

http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/when.htm

“When Will I Get My Immigrant Visa?”

This is the most frequent question we get. Our best answer is that “You cannot be sure of when you will get your immigrant visa until it is in your hands.” Acquiring an immigrant visa is a lengthy, complicated process.

While some applicants may have an immigrant visa one week after their visa interview, others may never get an immigrant visa because they are ineligible under the law. Procedures and documentary requirements also change, and you may be asked several times to provide additional documents. We are committed to processing all immigrant visa applications as expeditiously as possible, given our resources and all relevant laws and regulations. We are also committed to giving applicants who contact us as precise an explanation as possible as to the status of their cases. In some cases, an applicant may be refused. If an applicant is refused and feels that he/she did not provide all relevant information during the interview, the applicant may submit that information and request reconsideration. We may then review that information and reconsider the decision. A request for reconsideration, however, does not guarantee further review.

Timeline

yeah I think that is a new sentence

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Timeline

YES its hard, YES im angry and stressed and YES this is UNACCEPTABLE! :angry: I havent seen my mother, grandparents, new born neices, bros, sisters, in laws in OVER 2 years! I want my husband to be with me when I fly out to Texas to see everyone. Time off of work isnt just easy when I have 2 jobs and BILLS to pay. And I rather be flying to see my HUSBAND then to fly to Texas to see my family.

Yes, I've read that MANY times from the Embassy website about the visa. This issue for me right now is NOT about the visa part just yet... this is about getting the Egyptian gov to give my husband his MC paper! Im planning on going back to Egypt for a month in the middle of Jan/Feb. I have alot of health issues going on, alot of bills to pay, I miss my husband tremendously and dealing with the stress of WHEN in the world can we have our MC paper!!!

Mr Richard Hermann did respond back to my Senators office this week, and I have that email... and I had the senators office email more additional info to the Embassy... so I will wait again for another response.

Timeline
yeah I think that is a new sentence

What is also new is the clarification that people are not "approved" after the interview. The dos guy told me that. I had asked if it was his opinion that I go ahead with the CR1 since we've already filed the I130 and are waiting this long anyway and his response was, "that won't make his chances of being approved any more or less". I said well isn't he already approved? and that's when he gave me the flippant comment. So basically if you're in AP you have NOT been approved yet. There is still a chance he can be denied. That really sucks because with other consulates at least you know that you are approved and are just pending security checks.

I was also outright told by that Hermann guy's assistant that if your case is still in Cairo after the security checks are done it means they doubt the validity of your relationship.

Timeline
YES its hard, YES im angry and stressed and YES this is UNACCEPTABLE! :angry: I havent seen my mother, grandparents, new born neices, bros, sisters, in laws in OVER 2 years! I want my husband to be with me when I fly out to Texas to see everyone. Time off of work isnt just easy when I have 2 jobs and BILLS to pay. And I rather be flying to see my HUSBAND then to fly to Texas to see my family.

Yes, I've read that MANY times from the Embassy website about the visa. This issue for me right now is NOT about the visa part just yet... this is about getting the Egyptian gov to give my husband his MC paper! Im planning on going back to Egypt for a month in the middle of Jan/Feb. I have alot of health issues going on, alot of bills to pay, I miss my husband tremendously and dealing with the stress of WHEN in the world can we have our MC paper!!!

Mr Richard Hermann did respond back to my Senators office this week, and I have that email... and I had the senators office email more additional info to the Embassy... so I will wait again for another response.

Without divulging anything that you want to remain private did his office give your Senator a broad blanket statement about AP or was it at least specific to what is going on with your particular case?

Timeline
It was a direct response to our MC paper, but he didnt understand the overall situation bcz I had no clue that the Senators office could have FAST and Direct link to Mr. Herman. So yesterday I sent an email to my senators office with copies of both Receipts of application from the Passport Office from back in September from Alex and Cairo as well as a detailed letter of our situation and withholding the MC paper for 13 weeks. I talked to my Senators Office liason today and she got my email and wrote the Embassy so I should find something else out next week.

Timeline
It was a direct response to our MC paper, but he didnt understand the overall situation bcz I had no clue that the Senators office could have FAST and Direct link to Mr. Herman. So yesterday I sent an email to my senators office with copies of both Receipts of application from the Passport Office from back in September from Alex and Cairo as well as a detailed letter of our situation and withholding the MC paper for 13 weeks. I talked to my Senators Office liason today and she got my email and wrote the Embassy so I should find something else out next week.

Well hopefully you'll get a quick response. When Princeofegypt suggested writing him I did and I didn't hear from him for 3 1/2 weeks so I forwarded my original email and that day heard from a woman who works with him. She apologized for the delay in getting the visa and said basically that it will take time to validate the authenticity of the relationship. I emailed her back saying that it's a shame that the original interviewer did not show up for work on 7/22 since he could have seen us both together at that time. Seriously though, if there was ever a question of validity then I would love to know why the interviewer would not look at our wedding album or our phone reciepts or our letters or my children's cards to him, etc. etc. It was all offered to him and he did not want to see any of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.