chess

Police Certificate Link, where to apply all countries

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Just to make this easier for anyone else also looking. I found this link from the Australian gov. which I'm assuming is pretty much the same thing as what we need. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/47p.pdf

(Just everyone keep in mind this info is for Australian immigrants but I though it might help)

I myself have to get 3 different certificates. So far some differences from what is stated here, in Albania they asked us to present a personal certificate and a family certificate. Not sure but could be because a non family member went for us. Also the address for the Ministry of Justice in Albania was given to us as being on Buleavardi Zogu I in Tirana and the name of the certificate is called Deshimi. As for Greece, I tried going to the Greek consulate here in Italy and they told us that it could only be acquired by someone in Greece. I have read but I'm not sure how accurate it is that the Greek certificate is called Pinikou Mitrou. And that they possibly ask for names of both parents of the person who needs the record in order to confirm identity. I have yet to go to the Italian procura.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Just to add info. Anyone who has to get a police certificate (Certificato del Casellario Giudiziale) in Florence Italy, it's not through just any Procura like the embassy says. Go to the Casellario Giudiziale which is located in the Tribunale building in Piazza San Firenze (close to Pz. Signoria.) They are only open from 9am till 11:30am. You will need to buy two stamps beforehand (called marche di bollo), from any tobacco store, one for 14.62€ and another (if you get the urgent one which means they give you the certificate right away) is for 6.20€. If you are getting the certificate for someone else you need that person to fill out a simple form that just asks when and where they were born and a signature. Then you need a photocopy of their passport. And you will have to present your id too. They excepted my U.S. drivers license that I said was my I.D. card, but to be safe might be better if you have your passport. It will not matter if the person is or was a legal resident. They just check the registry if there is any criminal record of that person and if there isn't the certificate will say there was NULLA (nothing) in the registry.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.