Ness and Keith

Who Got RFE in DS230 or case complete- beneficiary coming frm Philippines?

18 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Just want to know if who were got case complete or RFE for those who sent thr DS230 this Sept.. and what were the reason/s why DS230 was returned? Wherein beneficiary coming from Philippines.

Ur input here guys will highly be appreciated.. For sure this thread will help other filers..

Thank you.

FILE I-130 FOR PARENTS
USCIS:
Jul 19, 2012 - File Date
Jul 23, 2012 - Cashed the Check and USCIS sent me email
Within 7-10 days rec'd NOA1 by mail (father only)
Aug 20, 2012 - Contacted USCIS for change of address
Mar 18, 2013 - our case was approved by USCIS
Mar 23, 2013 - rec'd NOA2 by mail both parents.
NVC:
Mar 23, 2013 - rec'd by NVC
Apr 05, 2013 - case # assigned for both parents
Apr 10, 2013 - rec'd email from NVC for the AOS fee and DS-3032
Apr 10, 2013 - pay NVC online and emailed the DS-3032
Apr 12, 2013 - showed on the site paid & print cover sheet
Apr 15, 2013 - mailed I-864 packet
Apr 22, 2013 - Rec'd DS-3032 Acceptance Email

May 03, 2013 - showed on site paid & print cover sheet

May 05, 2013 - mail the DS230 Packet

May 08, 2013 - NVC rec'd the DS230 Packet

May 27, 2013 - Case Complete

June 07, 2013 - NVC email for the July interview schedule

Sept 11, 2013 - interview moved from orig. July 10 date (due to mother's culture test); Interview approved but Father got 221(g) NBI with AKA required.

Sept 19, 2013 - sent the Father NBI with AKA tru 2GO

~~MY JOURNEY~~
FORM I-130 PROCESS
Jul. 26, 2006 - Sent Form I-130 to VSC but processed to CSC
Oct. 31, 2007 - Case Completed
Dec. 18, 2007 - Interview date
FORM I-129F PROCESS
Mar. 26, 2007 - Sent Form I-129F to VSC ( VSC mailed the documents to Chicago )
Dec. 05, 2007 6:30am- Reschedule Interview date(after 2 mos from original date)
Dec. 11, 2007 - Visa in Hand (request for CR1 visa granted)
MD, USA
Dec 12, 2007 - Arrived in the US
Dec 22, 2007 - Received the SSN from mail
Feb 08, 2008 - Received the Green Card
Sep 2009 - file I-751 within the 90-day period before second anniversary as a conditional resident.
Dec 2010 - file N400 (Application for Citizenship)
NATURALIZED
May 2011 - Oath Taking at Baltimore, MD

Hi Ness and Keith,

Count me in.

I've got an RFE because of #2 and #20.

In #2(Other names used, put maiden name if married)Of course i put my complete maiden name. NVC said it was wrong. Since i applied for my first passport(in my entire life :D ) after I got married, i have to write my married name in #20 instead of maiden name. If you have applied a passport before you got married(indicating your maiden name on your passport) you have to put your maiden name not your married name. Confusing right?

In #20, I had a gap where I live since reaching the age of 16. I was only thingking that when i entered college, i was 16. But sad to say, i was 17 when i was in college. :(

i wasnt RFE'D ON #22.there was even a gap on the time i've worked.

NVC sent RFE letter on : August 17, 2007

Sent RFE Response : September 6, 2007

NVC Received my RFE response : September 13, 2007

NVC Case Complete : September 24, 2007

I'm still waiting for my interview and medical schedule. NVC sets schedule every second week of the month. So probably, i'll know my interview date on the second or third week of october. I'm hoping to get a November Schedule.

Edited by AUREA

Hi Aurea,

Thanks for ur PM..

I got RFE and we knew it last Sept 26, 2007 after my husband called NVC..

Until now i still not receive the DS230 that was sent to us by NVC last Sept 25 we are expecting 2moro to have it

This are the reasons i got RFE i posted this in this website also http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1222033

in my entry in #2 NVC said that i need to put all my names including initial.. i already put there my complete maiden name but they are asking to include the initials in maiden name.. i think this is commonsense they can figure it out by themselves (NVC) if they will check my entire DS230 packet..

#20 i forgot to include the date whn i was 16 thinking whn i fill in the form that i'm already 16 whn im in college and

#22 they want that i include the date whn i was not working.. NVC is rediculous since what instructed thr is to list all the job for the past 10 years that your working, meaning if ur not working then u will not iclude it right? :angry::blink:

I think the only mistake i got here is #20 all the rest are not..

FILE I-130 FOR PARENTS
USCIS:
Jul 19, 2012 - File Date
Jul 23, 2012 - Cashed the Check and USCIS sent me email
Within 7-10 days rec'd NOA1 by mail (father only)
Aug 20, 2012 - Contacted USCIS for change of address
Mar 18, 2013 - our case was approved by USCIS
Mar 23, 2013 - rec'd NOA2 by mail both parents.
NVC:
Mar 23, 2013 - rec'd by NVC
Apr 05, 2013 - case # assigned for both parents
Apr 10, 2013 - rec'd email from NVC for the AOS fee and DS-3032
Apr 10, 2013 - pay NVC online and emailed the DS-3032
Apr 12, 2013 - showed on the site paid & print cover sheet
Apr 15, 2013 - mailed I-864 packet
Apr 22, 2013 - Rec'd DS-3032 Acceptance Email

May 03, 2013 - showed on site paid & print cover sheet

May 05, 2013 - mail the DS230 Packet

May 08, 2013 - NVC rec'd the DS230 Packet

May 27, 2013 - Case Complete

June 07, 2013 - NVC email for the July interview schedule

Sept 11, 2013 - interview moved from orig. July 10 date (due to mother's culture test); Interview approved but Father got 221(g) NBI with AKA required.

Sept 19, 2013 - sent the Father NBI with AKA tru 2GO

~~MY JOURNEY~~
FORM I-130 PROCESS
Jul. 26, 2006 - Sent Form I-130 to VSC but processed to CSC
Oct. 31, 2007 - Case Completed
Dec. 18, 2007 - Interview date
FORM I-129F PROCESS
Mar. 26, 2007 - Sent Form I-129F to VSC ( VSC mailed the documents to Chicago )
Dec. 05, 2007 6:30am- Reschedule Interview date(after 2 mos from original date)
Dec. 11, 2007 - Visa in Hand (request for CR1 visa granted)
MD, USA
Dec 12, 2007 - Arrived in the US
Dec 22, 2007 - Received the SSN from mail
Feb 08, 2008 - Received the Green Card
Sep 2009 - file I-751 within the 90-day period before second anniversary as a conditional resident.
Dec 2010 - file N400 (Application for Citizenship)
NATURALIZED
May 2011 - Oath Taking at Baltimore, MD

Hello sis~ AUrea and Ness,

Still no word on my case, not even an RFE or what not. I will let you know on Monday on where I stand with NVC. :clock:

Have a great weekend and Good luck to all of us!

~ Rina

IR-1

Immigration Process

2007-02-22 **I-130 Sent to VSC

2007-07-02 **I-130 APPROVED at USCIS- CSC

2007-10-10 **CASE COMPLETED at NVC

2007-11-15 **INTERVIEW DATE. APPROVED at USEM!!!

USA

2007-12-02 **Arrival from MNL to JFK (NYC)

2007-12-10 **Visit to SSA

.png

Hello sis~ AUrea and Ness,

Still no word on my case, not even an RFE or what not. I will let you know on Monday on where I stand with NVC. :clock:

Have a great weekend and Good luck to all of us!

~ Rina

hi rina,

we share the same experience with the NVC. nothing from the NVC since we paid the IV Bill and forwarded the AOS. that was 8 weeks ago...ho-hum....

ness and aurea,

thanks for your experiences. now i know how to answer #2...i just hope we get the notice to file the DS230 soon enough. goodluck to all of us!

mikeandlani

our Visa Journey

09.01.06 - Filed I130 to VSC

05.21.07 - NOA2

06.19.07 - NVC receives Petition

11.23.07 - CASE COMPLETE

01.30.08 - USEM Interview

02.02.08 - CR1 Visa Received

03.03.08 - Entered US through Detroit International

03.27.08 - Received 2yr Conditional Resident Card

04.01.08 - Filed for my SSN at the local SSA office

04.05.08 - SSN received by mail

05.03.08 - Finally got my Driver's License

lifting conditions....

I-I-751

12.07.09 - Sent I-751 to VSC by express mail

12.08.09 - I-751 delivered to VSC per USPS tracking :-)

12.09.09 - NOA1 date (Checked cashed :-D)

12.14.09 - Received NOA1

12.18.09 - ASC Appointment Notice Date

12.26.09 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

12.31.09 - Early Biometrics

01.14.10 - Biometrics Schedule

02.26.10 - Email update --Card Production ordered

03.02.10 - Email update --Approval Notice sent

03.06.10 - Approval Notice Received

03.08.10 - Card Received

Naturalization

I-N400

09.09.11 - Sent N400 to USCIS Dallas Lockbox

09.23.11 - Received 1-797 by mail

11.17.11 - Biometrics Schedule

01.25.12 - Received Interview and Exam Notice by mail

02.28.12 - Interview schedule

03.28.12 - Oath Ceremony

Ness&Keith and Aurea,

Hi there!

yeah my DS230 was RFEd as well. :crying: my husband received the DS230 we sent in and here are the grounds with re mark on it:

#6.Place of Birthh, Province field - i didn't put in any province namen since my place of birth is a city already, i left it blank.

#20 same, province field... (i dont now why such field would be ground for us to be RFEd)

#20 from-to field - because i just put in "since birth" and they wanted me to put in the my birth month on the year i reached 16 yo.

what was confusing was #2. The first time we send in the the form, i answered it as "N/A" not putting my maiden name. Luckily, they didn't noticed it or they had let it pass (no red mark on #2 upon return). And just this week i read a thread saying to write in the names i "used", which refers to my maiden or single name.

now i am confused of what will happen this time around. :unsure:

maybe NVC got confused of my name as well or didnt noticed it....

my maiden name is Jayzar Ice , and my married name is Jayzar Ice-Cream.... (my example makes me hungry :D )

hmmmm... what do you think about that?

In Q#22 of yours Ness&Keith, i dont understand NVC why they instructed you to put in your non-working dates. I have a gap of at 7 months between my two jobs and they didn't marked it red.

Aurea, i got my passport when i was married and it shows my full name with two last names, hypenated. It is my first passport. And since i didn't have any idea about this before, i put in N/A in Q#2. Applying your situation to mine since its kinda same, i should have put in my married name since its the first time i got a passort, aight?

guys, i'm waiting for the result of the second DS i sent in.. it's been 9 days already, yet same old response from the automated machine.. (((sigggghhhh))) :dead:

mike and lani, good luck on your upcoming DS230.

sis rina, we can do this! hahahaha! :D

Good Luck to us and may God hear our prayers and grant us the desires of our heart.

I'll keep u posted.

Thanks!

Jayzar (F)

Jayzar, Please explain more of what your talking when you said. "#20 from-to field - because i just put in "since birth" and they wanted me to put in the my birth month on the year i reached 16 yo. The reason is because I think I might need my asawa to re-mail me another Sign Ds-230 with dis new info. :help:

Ness&Keith and Aurea,

Hi there!

yeah my DS230 was RFEd as well. :crying: my husband received the DS230 we sent in and here are the grounds with re mark on it:

#6.Place of Birthh, Province field - i didn't put in any province namen since my place of birth is a city already, i left it blank.

#20 same, province field... (i dont now why such field would be ground for us to be RFEd)

#20 from-to field - because i just put in "since birth" and they wanted me to put in the my birth month on the year i reached 16 yo.

what was confusing was #2. The first time we send in the the form, i answered it as "N/A" not putting my maiden name. Luckily, they didn't noticed it or they had let it pass (no red mark on #2 upon return). And just this week i read a thread saying to write in the names i "used", which refers to my maiden or single name.

my maiden name is Jayzar Ice , and my married name is Jayzar Ice-Cream.... (my example makes me hungry :D )

In Q#22 of yours Ness&Keith, i dont understand NVC why they instructed you to put in your non-working dates. I have a gap of at 7 months between my two jobs and they didn't marked it red.

Aurea, i got my passport when i was married and it shows my full name with two last names, hypenated. It is my first passport. And since i didn't have any idea about this before, i put in N/A in Q#2. Applying your situation to mine since its kinda same, i should have put in my married name since its the first time i got a passort, aight?

guys, i'm waiting for the result of the second DS i sent in.. it's been 9 days already, yet same old response from the automated machine.. (((sigggghhhh))) :dead:

Good Luck to us and may God hear our prayers and grant us the desires of our heart.

I'll keep u posted.

Thanks!

Jayzar (F)

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

Sept-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

Jan-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

Feb-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila APPROVED!!!

Feb-19-2008 Visa in HAND!! Wohoo!!!

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Mar-24-2008 Receive Green Card on Mail..

REMOVING CONDITIONS NOV..

Jan-11-2010 Mailed I-175 to VSC

hi! :)

#20 needs to be filled up with the list of all places lived for at least 6mos reachind the age of 16. I only lived in one place so i anwered it like this way:

City or Town: Manila (for example)

Province : i left it blank the first time. The 2nd time around they wanted me tu put in N/A, which i did.

From/To(mm-yyyy): 1st answer: SINCE BIRTH; 2nd answer after being RFEd: the month and year i reached the age of sixteen, example SEPTEMBER 1999

so if you lived in just one place since birth, you just dont have to put in since birth. What NVC wants if for you to put in the month and year you reached 16.

hope i helped you with this. can i ask what did you wife put in that field?

better to be ready and updated than to be RFEd and wait this long... :crying:

thanks!

jayzar (F)

Jayzar, Please explain more of what your talking when you said. "#20 from-to field - because i just put in "since birth" and they wanted me to put in the my birth month on the year i reached 16 yo. The reason is because I think I might need my asawa to re-mail me another Sign Ds-230 with dis new info. :help:

Ness&Keith and Aurea,

Hi there!

I'll keep u posted.

Thanks!

Jayzar (F)

Hi MikeandLani.

In #20(List of Places you have lived since reaching the age of 16) you have to write the date starting the age of 16. Example, my bday is July 22, 1980.

HERE ARE MY ENTRIES:(I wrote my complete address)

City or Town : xxxx Craig St., Sampaloc

Province : Manila

From-To :

JUly 22, 1996 - Present(Notice that i have started with my birthday when i was 16 yrs old. But I think July 1996 would do. I just put the complete date to make sure of my entry).

Actually I have lived four places since i reached the age of 16, above is just a sample.

Please always verify with NVC all the info you read so as not to Risk of having an RFE.

Good Luck!!!

[

Edited by AUREA

Hi jayzar,

I think N/A in #2 is acceptable since you applied for your first passport after you got married. i read a post here in VJ that says NVC told him to write N/A in # 2. Besides you were not marked red in #2. I dont think that NVC overlooked your N/A in #2. You cannot make 'lusot' easily with NVC. :lol: They are very strict with documents and DS30 entries. AS long a you follow the checklist you receive, you're good to go. So dont worry, your case will be completed soon. :thumbs::thumbs:

I'll keep u posted.

Thanks!

Jayzar (F)

Ok well let me get this right. ON question #20 since my wife has been living at one place all her life and she is now 27, what do I put for the DATE on this question. She was born on Oct-1980 do I write "From... 10-1980, To...09-2007 or something else? Am getting so confuse here so please help me!!!

Hi MikeandLani.

In #20(List of Places you have lived since reaching the age of 16) you have to write the date starting the age of 16. Example, my bday is July 22, 1980.

From-To :

JUly 22, 1996 - Present(Notice that i have started with my birthday when i was 16 yrs old. But I think July 1996 would do. I just put the complete date to make sure of my entry).

Actually I have lived four places since i reached the age of 16, above is just a sample.

Please always verify with NVC all the info you read so as not to Risk of having an RFE.

Good Luck!!!

[

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

USEM

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

HI,

you can put Oct 1996 - Present.

"Dont start your entry with her birthday coz it will be marked red.Start the date when she turned 16"

Ok well let me get this right. ON question #20 since my wife has been living at one place all her life and she is now 27, what do I put for the DATE on this question. She was born on Oct-1980 do I write "From... 10-1980, To...09-2007 or something else? Am getting so confuse here so please help me!!!

Hi MikeandLani.

From-To :

Good Luck!!!

[

AUREA Hi,

Now I get it and I thank you very much for clearing it up for me. Just one more thing reminds. On question #2, if my wif's maiden name is "Maria Sanchez Martinez" she will write it there on this space right? Next on the same question by initials, does it mean "Maria S. Martinez" and so I will write right next to her full maiden name right?

HI,

you can put Oct 1996 - Present.

"Dont start your entry with her birthday coz it will be marked red.Start the date when she turned 16"

Hi MikeandLani.

From-To :

Good Luck!!!

[

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

USEM

IN TEXAS

Feb-28-2008 POE DFW

Hi djturbo,

Did your wife applied for her passport before she married you? Or she got a passport after you two got married? In my case, it matters when i answered #2 (Other Names used, put maiden name if married). Its very clear right? So I put my maiden name. I got an RFE for this.

The NVC told us(me and my husband both called to ask for clarification) that i should put my married name instead of maiden name. I did not applied any passport when i was single. So it means that if your wife applied for her passport before she married you(indicating on her passport her maiden name), she has to put her maiden name in #2. But if your wife applied for her passport after she married you, she has to put her married name in # 2.

Please always verify all infos with NVC. I think all RFE's depends on the one reviewing your case.

I put my complete married name in #2. No initials. and it was approved.

Have you received an RFE letter from NVC?

AUREA Hi,

Now I get it and I thank you very much for clearing it up for me. Just one more thing reminds. On question #2, if my wif's maiden name is "Maria Sanchez Martinez" she will write it there on this space right? Next on the same question by initials, does it mean "Maria S. Martinez" and so I will write right next to her full maiden name right?

Hi djturbo.

There are lots of RFE cases here in VJ. In Ness and Keith case. She had an RFE because of #2.And she was asked to put the initials of her maiden name. In my case its different. This really is a case to case basis. As i've posted earlier it depends upon the person reviewing your case. So When you receive your RFE checklist, you have to ask NVC what the missing informations are.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.