catfrances

packet / pack 3 return

8 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi,

Has anyone returned their pack 3 forms (police record etc) to the embassy and wondered if it actually got there!?

I know that sounds dumb, but i sent mine via special delivery/signed for (48hr deal) and a week and half later - still no proof it got there!

The post office looked into it and said that it had gone into the Embassy's PO BOX!

But the address for the Visa Dept at the London Embassy has no PO Box in the address when i wrote it out and I can't call them to ask, argh!!!!

:blink:

Anyone shed any light by chance???

Cheers Guys xxxx :dance:

Dates as follow, (not legal advise)....

Met my partner - Jan 22nd 05
Got engaged - May 6th 06

Sent I-129F to Nebreska - Feb 21st -07
NOA1 - Feb 28th -07
NOA2 - May 22nd -07

Applied for my police record - June 4th -07
Pack 3 arrived!!! - June 21st -07
Police record(37 days)! - July 11th -07
Posted pack 3 back via signed for, next day delivery - July 25th -07
Medical - August 2nd -07
Apparently pack 3 was today signed for after going into a PO Box! - Aug 3rd -07 (9 days late)

So far 21 weeks

Pack 4 turned up! Interview end of August! - August 9th 07

Interview - 31st Aug 07 -Approved!!
27 weeks and 3 days from start to interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It's a post office thing, all the mail for the Embassy goes into a PO Box and is sorted again at the Embassy. If the PO say it went into the PO Box it is reasonable to accept it has been delivered.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

We sent our Special Delivery 9am, and whilst the Post Office confirmed it was indeed delivered on time, it was not entered into the system until 9 days later. As Lansbury says, it's been delivered but the Embassy is just waiting to sort it. I know it is so frustrating to know it's there but not going onto anyone's to-do list, but it will get there.

Give the DoS a call early next week to see if it's on the system. Good luck! :thumbs:

As an aside -- did you send the police certificate in your P3? I really, sincerely hope you didn't -- it's meant to be produced at the interview. If you have, it may be possible for them to return it to you -- this might necessitate a call to the Extortion Line at the Embassy. :unsure:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

We sent ours back by courier who got a signature from the "post room". However, the Embassy claimed to have no knowledge of it for another 16 days, they kept saying they were waiting to hear back from me with packet 3 documents. When I kept sayine, "but I sent them back two weeks ago" they told me they probably hadn't got around to opening the envelope yet, and to check back with them soon. So I wouldn't worry about not hearing yet. The DOS line is great and really friendly, even if they are telling you on a daily basis that there is no news!

As ECM says, if you did send back the original police certificate, it might be worth calling the extortion line.

Timeline

Thanks!!

No i didn't send the police form, I got confused :wacko:

Did you all just sit and wait after you sent back your pack 3's?

I guess they send you back an interview, you don't get a reciept for posting your pack back do you?

Thanks

Got engaged - May 6th 06

NOA1 - Feb 28th -07
NOA2 - May 22nd -07

Medical - August 2nd -07
Apparently pack 3 was today signed for after going into a PO Box! - Aug 3rd -07 (9 days late)

So far 21 weeks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Thanks!!

I guess they send you back an interview, you don't get a reciept for posting your pack back do you?

Thanks

Don't worry about the PO Box thing. Mine was still saying that when I received my interview letter. The post office wasn't very helpful when I asked why it hadn't been signed for, just kept saying someone would pick up the mail from the PO Box, sign for it and then it would be updated. Didn't happen.

As for a receipt. No, you just get the letter with the interview date. Hope that helps some.

I-130

01/22/2007 Sent I-130

06/04/2007 Approval email notice sent!! YES!!

I-129f

01/31/2007 Sent I-129f

02/05/2007 1st NOA

06/04/2007 Approved....email received 06/05/2007........we are sooooo happy!!

NVC

06/06/2007 Received

07/11/2007 Left NVC

LONDON

07/25/2007 Packet 3 received and sent back

07/31/2007 Packet 4 received

08/09/2007 Interview date - APPROVED!!

08/11/2007 Visa in hand!!

08/24/2007 Flying to US

AOS & EAD

02/19/2009 Sent Package to Chicago

02/20/2009 Package received

02/26/2009 NOA's sent from USCIS

03/02/2009 NOA's in hand!

03/06/2009 Received Biometrics Appointment

03/24/2009 Biometrics Appointment

Timeline
Thanks!!

Thanks

Don't worry about the PO Box thing. Mine was still saying that when I received my interview letter. The post office wasn't very helpful when I asked why it hadn't been signed for, just kept saying someone would pick up the mail from the PO Box, sign for it and then it would be updated. Didn't happen.

As for a receipt. No, you just get the letter with the interview date. Hope that helps some.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!!!

WOW, I love your time lines, you sent your pack 3 the same day as I, although mine apparently was not picked up by the PO box and signed for until Friday just gone, you got your interview quick!

How do you attach your time lines like that under your chat?

I don't like the ''edit my timelines'' page, its all a bit boring looking

So you must be off soon!!!

Got engaged - May 6th 06

NOA1 - Feb 28th -07
NOA2 - May 22nd -07

Medical - August 2nd -07

So far 21 weeks

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:help:

Can someone please help me.

I am about to send off my packet 3 forms but don't know how or where to send them. I have seen some referances to there supposedly being an addressed envelope included in the packet but I did not recieve one.

Do I simply return it to the address at the top of the IV15 form? Do I need to write anything else on the envelope? Case number etc?

Thanks in advance!

:thumbs:

K1 Timeline!

I-129F Sent - May 9, 2007

Recieved hard copy NOA1 - May 19, 2007

NOA2 !!! - August 10, 2007

Interview scheduled for Nov 6th, 2007 APPROVED weeee

Entry 11/24/07

Marriage: 1/14/08

(see timeline for full list of dates/info)

AOS

Sent package to Chicago - 1/23/2008

Recv'd - 1/25/2008

Notice Date for I-485, I-765, and I-131 - 1/30/2008

Transfer notice to Cali - 2/12/2008

Biometrics - 2/21/2008

EAD Card Production ordered 3/19/08

and again on 3/24/08 ??

AP approved 3/19/08

AP document received 3/25/08

Touched 3/27/08

Called to check case status 12/15/08 were told we are still in processing time

RFE email notice 1/9/09

Medical appointment 1/31/09. husband loses RFE paper same day.

New RFE paper requested on 2/4/09.

New RFE paper received 2/28/09..gee good thing that RFE isnt due til beginning of April!!!!!!

Send RFE reply 3/3/08

EAD Approval was NOT updated online. We had an infopass meeting for 3/6 and then the EAD shows up in the mail on 3/5!!!! cancelled appointment,

all i have to say is #######.

STILL WAITING in March 09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.