mRx

MILITARY EXPEDITE PROCEDURES

5 posts in this topic

Ive been getting quite a few PMs about this, so i figured i would post it. Good luck!

Matt

-In order to apply for military expedite, the USC must be pending deployment in support of OEF/OIF.

-Its best to fax your request to the service center handling your case. (Call USCIS information line to get your service centers fax number)

THINGS TO INCLUDE IN THE FAX

-A cover letter (include a return fax number)

-Copy of NOA1

-Copy of orders showing you will be deploying in support of OEF/OIF

(if orders cannot be obtained, a letter from your commander stating you are deploying, and when you are deploying, will suffice.)

- A letter from yourself, stating why your deployment would case hardship and/or interfere with the immigration process.

If a return fax is not recieved, the expedite is considered denied. (When i recieved the return fax, they just faxed me back the letter from my commander)

If youre expedite is approved:

There is no way to expedite the NVC portion of a K-1 case.

You will need to apply for an expedited interview at the Foreign Consulate. (Consult with the foreign embassy's website for expedite criteria)

From USCIS WEBSITE:::::::::::

General Expedite Procedures:

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a one-page support letter prepared and signed by the petitioner or the applicant. An expedite request can be submitted by mail or fax. When mailing, mark the envelope with a red dot and send the request via bonded courier or other overnight delivery service to:

USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual.

Extreme emergent situation.

Humanitarian situation.

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.)

USCIS error.

Compelling interest of USCIS.

If a response to the expedite request is not received within 72 hours, the request is denied. The application or petition will then undergo normal processing.

21FUNNY.gif

• 1 month later...

What is this cover letter? The same cover letter we will send to the NCS?
- what does it mean?

You were never a mistake. You were my realization.

What is this cover letter? The same cover letter we will send to the NCS?

nope, you need to make a new one. A cover letter just tells of the contents of the submission. In this case, it is a request to expedite.

- what does it mean?

It means just what it says. You cannot expedite the NVC portion of a K-1. Your initial expedite is good only for the Service center.

21FUNNY.gif

• 1 year later...
Ive been getting quite a few PMs about this, so i figured i would post it. Good luck!

Matt

-In order to apply for military expedite, the USC must be pending deployment in support of OEF/OIF.

-Its best to fax your request to the service center handling your case. (Call USCIS information line to get your service centers fax number)

-Copy of NOA1

-Copy of orders showing you will be deploying in support of OEF/OIF

(if orders cannot be obtained, a letter from your commander stating you are deploying, and when you are deploying, will suffice.)

- A letter from yourself, stating why your deployment would case hardship and/or interfere with the immigration process.

If a return fax is not recieved, the expedite is considered denied. (When i recieved the return fax, they just faxed me back the letter from my commander)

If youre expedite is approved:

You will need to apply for an expedited interview at the Foreign Consulate. (Consult with the foreign embassy's website for expedite criteria)

From USCIS WEBSITE:::::::::::

General Expedite Procedures:

A detailed explanation of the situation should be provided in a one-page support letter prepared and signed by the petitioner or the applicant. An expedite request can be submitted by mail or fax. When mailing, mark the envelope with a red dot and send the request via bonded courier or other overnight delivery service to:

USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Service Center Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual.

Extreme emergent situation.

Humanitarian situation.

Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States.

Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government.)

USCIS error.

Compelling interest of USCIS.

If a response to the expedite request is not received within 72 hours, the request is denied. The application or petition will then undergo normal processing.

hello there matt i just wanna ask if there is a way that my husband can apply for expidite cos rightnow he is in iraq.. and he is wanting me to be there in states...asap..pls help me out to figure this wjole thing out...

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-130 Sent : 01-15-2008

I-130 NOA1 : 02-12-2008

I-130 Approved : 06-02-2008

NVC Received : 06-16-2008

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 07-01-2008

Pay I-864 Bill 07-01-2008

Return Completed DS-3032 : 07-01-2008

IV fee bill- 08-06-2008

IV FEE PAID- 08-08-2008

IV PACKET SENT 08-11-2008

NVC recive mail 08-13-2008

NVC COMPLETE CASE- 08-21-2008

CASE EXPEDITE FOR EARLY INTERVIEW IN USEM

waiting for nvc to forward in usem,,,

NVC SEND OUT THE CASE GOING TO US EMBASSY MANILA- SEPT 08 2008- via dhl

EMBASSY RECVD THE DOCS. SEPT. 11-2008 sign by Manuel... *waiting for embassy's call*

PAID THE DELBROS- SEPT 16 2008

MEDICAL- SEPT 17 3008 "passed"

INTERVIEW- OCT 03 2008 *PASSED PINK SLIP ONLY*

called embassy to for visa follow up..*visa is printed waiting for release*

*recived txt from delbros they are ready to dispatch the visa,* -OCT 06 2008

*visa was deliverd *OCT-07-2008* 9:30am

VISA IN HAND 10-07-2008 ********************************

ATTEND AND COMPLETE CFO SEMINAR- OCT 08 08

GOT SON'S EXIT PERMIT -OCT 08 08

POE. OCT 17- 2008.. DETROIT.* Whoop whoop!!!

*FINNALY LIVING TOGETHER AS A FAMILY

**RECIVE SSN CARD**dec 2008

**RECIVE THE GREEN CARD**DEC 4 2008**

**********GLAD IS ALL IN MY HANDS***************

http://melodyhooks32.blogspot.com/

http://myspace.com/mheds_hooks

If anyone has any other questions not answered by Matt or just wants to talk things through with people in the same situations as they find themselves in there is a Military Spouses thread here - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...0&start=150 - it can be a little hard to find sometimes but there is normally always someone in!

Good luck with your journeys.

Bex xxx

I-129F

12.03.08 ~ NOA1

12.05.08 ~ NOA2

06.06.08 ~ Packet 3

18.06.08 ~ Packet 4

25.06.08 ~ Medical

11.07.08 ~ Interview - Approved!

22.07.08 ~ POE Atlanta

K1 = 3months, 29days

AOS

07.11.08 ~ NOA 1 - AOS, EAD, AP

24.11.08 ~ Transferred to CSC

28.11.08 ~ Biometrics

31.12.08 ~ EAD/AP Approved :)

23.03.09 ~ RFE

06.04.09 ~ RFE response delivered to CSC

22.04.09 ~ Card production ordered

01.05.09 ~ Conditional GC arrived in the mail

Permanent Residence = 5months, 15days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.